Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ferry schedule SZX (Shenzhen) to HKG

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Ferry schedule SZX (Shenzhen) to HKG

I'm trying to figure out the ferry schedule from SZX (Shenzen Airport) Fu Yong to HKG Skypier. I found this official link:

http://www.cksp.com.hk/en/route/hk_f...ine_price_hk_m

However, I can't figure out the departure times from Fu Yong to HKG Skypier. The columns are labeled in a very obtuse way. Is the first Fu Yong to HKG departure at 8:35am or 10:15am?

I'm hoping it's 8:35am as I need to take a 12pm flight from HKG. I'm arriving SZX at 5:40am.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:22 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the Hong Kong forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by mcooper7290
I'm trying to figure out the ferry schedule from SZX (Shenzen Airport) Fu Yong to HKG Skypier. I found this official link:

http://www.cksp.com.hk/en/route/hk_f...ine_price_hk_m

However, I can't figure out the departure times from Fu Yong to HKG Skypier. The columns are labeled in a very obtuse way. Is the first Fu Yong to HKG departure at 8:35am or 10:15am?

I'm hoping it's 8:35am as I need to take a 12pm flight from HKG. I'm arriving SZX at 5:40am.
If you do a dummy booking, it shows first ferry leaving 08:35am from SZX, and be honest, rather than spending hours of doing nothing at SZX waiting for ferry, I would taxi to Shenzhen Bay followed by another taxi to Hong Kong Airport instead of taking the ferry, if your plane arrives on-time that is.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
If you do a dummy booking, it shows first ferry leaving 08:35am from SZX, and be honest, rather than spending hours of doing nothing at SZX waiting for ferry, I would taxi to Shenzhen Bay followed by another taxi to Hong Kong Airport instead of taking the ferry, if your plane arrives on-time that is.
The taxi idea is interesting. Any idea what the taxi amount would be from the HK side of Shenzhen Bay? That's Lau Fau right? Can I take Uber from the HK side? I know there's no Uber in Shenzhen.

The downside to taxi is if they only take cash I need to get RMB in Shenzhen and then HKD in HK.

Do the Shenzhen taxis take Visa/MC? I think some HK taxis do but not all.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The taxi idea is interesting. Any idea what the taxi amount would be from the HK side of Shenzhen Bay? That's Lau Fau right? Can I take Uber from the HK side? I know there's no Uber in Shenzhen.

The downside to taxi is if they only take cash I need to get RMB in Shenzhen and then HKD in HK.

Do the Shenzhen taxis take Visa/MC? I think some HK taxis do but not all.
Some SZ taxi takes Alipay or WeChat pay. HK taxi is HKD Cash. Uber is illegal in HK but operating
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: Travel
Or If you have a lot of time, you may just take the train from SZ to HK
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Atri
Or If you have a lot of time, you may just take the train from SZ to HK
Really?
Have you taken trains from SZX to HKG?t airport to airport?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by tentseller
Really?
Have you taken trains from SZX to HKG?t airport to airport?
Details Options are as below

1. Taxi

~100 RMB on China Side and ~400 HKD on HK Side

Fastest, no frequency restriction

2. Limo Bus / Sky Limo

http://www.trans-island.com.hk/en/service12.php?nid=9

They operate in a hybrid mode ... you may travel on bus on 1 part then 7-seater van on the other part. Never tried.

3. Train (Strongly NOT recommended)

Route 11 --> Route 1 --> Route 4 --> East Rail Line --> Shuttle Bus to Airport Express Station --> Airport Express from Kowloon Station
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Is there ATM or currency exchange on the HK side of Shezhen Bay border crossing? I will need to get some HKD for the taxi.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Is there ATM or currency exchange on the HK side of Shezhen Bay border crossing? I will need to get some HKD for the taxi.
Yes.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
What is the difference between VIP, First and Regular Class? Is it worth spending any extra?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by siaa380
What is the difference between VIP, First and Regular Class? Is it worth spending any extra?
Drinks and snacks. Not worth the money IMHO.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I am looking at the travel schedule for this ferry - do folks think that a 2:30PM departure from HKG will provide enough time to catch a domestic 5:00PM flight out of SZX?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I am looking at the travel schedule for this ferry - do folks think that a 2:30PM departure from HKG will provide enough time to catch a domestic 5:00PM flight out of SZX?
It will be tight.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by garykung
It will be tight.
Thanks. I will just suck it up and pay whatever the Four Seasons wants for a private car over to SZX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.