Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ferry schedule SZX (Shenzhen) to HKG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: CX AY DL
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Thanks. I will just suck it up and pay whatever the Four Seasons wants for a private car over to SZX.
the ferry takes 40-50mins plus a 10min bus transfer that takes you from the ferry terminal to the airport proper. not sure if a car would beat that.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM
If you take the private car, you will need to exit the car and enter China through the main hall with all your baggage. Your driver would most likely cross at Shezhen Bay. If you are using foreigner lanes at Shenzhen Bay, I've never seen any more than 2 foreigner lanes open and it's hard to predict the amount of time it will take to cross. For me sometimes less than 10 minutes, other times 30 minutes depending on the load and types of people on the line. You'll need to factor in that extra time. I've never taken the SZ ferry to/from HKG so I can't compare immigration time.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
IMHO nothing is better than taking the direct Fuyong ferry. Just give up all your other ideas and take the luxury ferry direct to HKG airside.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Thanks. I will just suck it up and pay whatever the Four Seasons wants for a private car over to SZX.
2.5 hours is already tight for anyway in Hong Kong to HKG to make the flight.

With the complication from Shenzhen, it will be even more tighter.

How about a later flight or earlier departure from SZ?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
For good clarity: I am staying at the 4S HK for a few days, so I will be transiting from Hong Kong Island (not HKG). Basically, the question is whether trekking out to HKG and taking the ferry is better than the 1.5-hour drive via car to SZX. I personally would prefer the ferry because it’s much cheaper, but I also have zero insight as to exactly how to get on it and what to do once I am at Fuyong Port in Shenzhen.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:15 pm

You can also look into taking the new HSR line from W Kowloon to Shenzhen Futian, then the Airport Express, Line 11, from Futian to the airport.

In any event, you can't take the ferry from HKG since it's only available to passengers in transit.

Last edited by 889; Mar 25, 2019 at 6:20 pm
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:43 am

You can't take the ferry unless you're a transit passenger at HKG.

Would second the HSR option - 15 minutes to Futian, then a taxi/metro to SZX.

Or you may try a direct bus from HK-Macao Ferry Pier in Sheung Wan (5-minute walk from the Four Seasons by footbridge): Trans-Island Limousine
miklcct likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by fishball

Or you may try a direct bus from HK-Macao Ferry Pier in Sheung Wan (5-minute walk from the Four Seasons by footbridge): Trans-Island Limousine
HSR is relatively easy. As a matter of fact you can go from 4S all the way to SZX in the comfort of indoors air-conditioning.:
HK MTR Orange (Tung Chung) line one stop to Kowloon
HSR to Futian
transfer to SZ MTR to airport (One line).

Alternatively the limo-bus from Macao ferry terminal is an alternative but the skywalk is outdoors.
miklcct and uanj like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
If one is on Island side, I will recommend to take Taxi to ShenZhen Bay Border Control, then Taxi to ShenZhen airport.

Alternatively, ask hotel if you need to get the car at Huanggang border control, which I recall from the 10+ times I use it, has absolutely no people other than locals, which may able to process your immigration faster.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by tentseller
HSR is relatively easy. As a matter of fact you can go from 4S all the way to SZX in the comfort of indoors air-conditioning.:
HK MTR Orange (Tung Chung) line one stop to Kowloon
HSR to Futian
transfer to SZ MTR to airport (One line).

Alternatively the limo-bus from Macao ferry terminal is an alternative but the skywalk is outdoors.
The SZMTR Airport Express is Line 11 not Line 1, don't take the wrong line
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by fishball

Well, that makes it easy enough - good thing I didn't buy the ferry tickets. I really wish ZH would let the TPE-NTG leg of my HKG-TPE-NTG award go through...!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:18 am

Well, that makes it easy enough - good thing I didn't buy the ferry tickets. I really wish ZH would let the TPE-NTG leg of my HKG-TPE-NTG award go through...!
I had to look that one up...Nantong, Jiangsu! A 2.5 hour HSR ride from Nanking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.