Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Hotel in HK for less than US$100/night?

Old Oct 21, 17, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Discoverist

I'm just wondering if it's possible to get a cheap room in HK for less than US$100/night in mid-late December? I would prefer to stay near a subway station.
Old Oct 21, 17, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Yes, it's possible.
Old Oct 21, 17, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
http://www.imperatortravel.com/2013/...-mansions.html

Enjoy...
Old Oct 21, 17, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Ibis, Holiday Inn Express etc will probably fit your budget.
Old Oct 21, 17, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
The Ibis on North Point, maybe, but the Ibis in Sheung Wan or the HIXs generally run over $100 USD especially when the ++ is thrown in. Maybe on the right nonrefundable rate...

Sometimes the Dorsett properties (like in Mongkok) will be around $100 all-in. They aren't always as close to a subway station as Chungking and Mirador, though (and you can get those two places for REALLY cheap, and if OP doesn't mind a very small room possibly without windows it could work). Some of the Mingle properties will also be under $100 at times. I've seen Butterfly go under that point as well. I've gotten the Regal iClub in Wan Chai for around $100 off of Hotwire.

I actually tend to look around at that price point in Hong Kong fairly often... I've stayed in places there where I can stand in the room and touch both walls. And it cost under $100 a night to do so.
Old Oct 22, 17, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/2MM, AS 75k, DL MM, former fan of TWA
I am a fan of a place called the Evergreen Hotel near Jordan. It is on the Kowloon side, just off Nathan Road. Not fancy, but in a good location and close to the A21 airport bus stop. I find prices of hotels to vary wildly depending on what is happening in the city, but the Evergreen is typically below USD100. Not a fancy place, but definitely two steps above anything you would find in Chungking or Mirador.
Old Oct 23, 17, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
The Ibis on North Point, maybe, but the Ibis in Sheung Wan or the HIXs generally run over $100 USD especially when the ++ is thrown in. Maybe on the right nonrefundable rate...
I stuck a random December weeknight into Trivago - Dec 13th - Ibis North Point 48, HIEX Mong Kok 72. Both via Expedia, so probably advance purchase rates. Ibis Central is just 76 booked direct, which is probably spot on US$100...

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Oct 23, 17 at 4:19 am
Old Oct 24, 17, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Discoverist
LOL! I don't think I can do it.
Old Oct 24, 17, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Sometimes the Dorsett properties (like in Mongkok) will be around $100 all-in. They aren't always as close to a subway station as Chungking and Mirador, though (and you can get those two places for REALLY cheap, and if OP doesn't mind a very small room possibly without windows it could work). Some of the Mingle properties will also be under $100 at times. I've seen Butterfly go under that point as well. I've gotten the Regal iClub in Wan Chai for around $100 off of Hotwire.

I actually tend to look around at that price point in Hong Kong fairly often... I've stayed in places there where I can stand in the room and touch both walls. And it cost under $100 a night to do so.
Thanks for reminding me about Ibis at North Point. I actually stayed there in 2011. Do you know how often Accor have sale on their hotels? I will need to check my email for an invoice, but my memory is telling me that I paid about US$50/night with the Accors sale at that time.
Old Oct 24, 17, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. How often does Holiday Inn Express have rooms for sale? Any discount codes available on FT?
Old Oct 25, 17, 12:15 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
LOL! I don't think I can do it.
our KIXman did stay there a few times.
Old Oct 26, 17, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for reminding me about Ibis at North Point. I actually stayed there in 2011. Do you know how often Accor have sale on their hotels? I will need to check my email for an invoice, but my memory is telling me that I paid about US$50/night with the Accors sale at that time.
You just missed one. But I suspect even the ordinary prices will be OK on Ibis North Point. I'd look at Butterfly and Dorsett properties as well.

I'd even be willing to do Hotwire/Priceline for the right price (and have in the past) if it puts you somewhere like Central, Wan Chai, Mongkok or TST where pretty much everywhere is fairly close to the MTR (and you can use betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com to "guess" your hotel). It's the ones where you're out in Tsing Yi or Sha Tin you have to look out for...
Old Oct 29, 17, 10:02 pm

Just be aware IBIS North Point has a massive construction going on across the street. They won't be selling "harbourview rooms" for much longer (if they even still do)
Old Oct 30, 17, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I'm just wondering if it's possible to get a cheap room in HK for less than US$100/night in mid-late December? I would prefer to stay near a subway station.
Both mid-late December and subway station will kill your budget quickly.

Less than $100 is always available. The matter is how far you are willing to sacrifice.
Old Nov 1, 17, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, SPG/Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Chunking Mansions will be well under.

Search this Thread