Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Luggage Storage at HK Airport? Costs!

Old May 18, 99, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Platinum, Alaska 75K, Avianca, British Airways

G'day Mateys,
This summer I'll be stopping over in Macau on my way to Oz for 3 days and I do not want to drag 5 suitcases on the Turbo Jet boat from HK airport. Any suggestions on where I could store the bags. I can't imagine lugging the stuff (woops - my wife's treasured belongings {oh - how long for the back pack days]).

My idea is HK airport short term stoarge - has anybody had experience with this.

Old May 19, 99, 12:19 am
Original Member

I have deposited baggage at the left-luggage facility in the airport on occasion. I don't recall the cost, but I left several large items overnight, and it was not prohibitive. I am flying next week and can check the prices while I am at the airport if you like. Please e-mail me over the weekend to remind me.

------------------
Cheers,
HKF
Old Jun 14, 13, 7:54 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor G | Marriott P | SPG P| Hilton S
Originally Posted by davistev View Post
G'day Mateys,
This summer I'll be stopping over in Macau on my way to Oz for 3 days and I do not want to drag 5 suitcases on the Turbo Jet boat from HK airport. Any suggestions on where I could store the bags. I can't imagine lugging the stuff (woops - my wife's treasured belongings {oh - how long for the back pack days]).

My idea is HK airport short term stoarge - has anybody had experience with this.
If believe in this case you have to get pass immigration and custom first. You can no longer take the ferry from hkia.
Old Jun 15, 13, 1:11 am
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
This belongs to the HKG forum - moving thread over...

cxfan1960
CX Mod
Old Jun 15, 13, 6:35 am

After you clear formalities, exit, turn right walk to end of terminal behind elevator. Storage facility - used to be $120 per piece per day a few years ago.

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/p...t-baggage.html
Old Jun 15, 13, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dtsm View Post
After you clear formalities, exit, turn right walk to end of terminal behind elevator. Storage facility - used to be $120 per piece per day a few years ago.

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/p...t-baggage.html
But after you enter Hong Kong for the luggage storage, can you then take the direct ferry from HKG to Macao? I don't think so as the ferry is organized for passengers to stay in transit status for Hong Kong.
Old Jun 15, 13, 2:15 pm

Location: Home:HKG formerly YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
HKIA to Macau ferry is pre HK immigration. The purpose if to save the entry and exit procedure for HKIA passengers's who's final destination is Macau.

HKIA luggage storage service is on the land-side post immigration. You would have entered HK passing through HK immigration and this make you ineligible for that ferry service.

After stowing your bags you would need to get to the regular ferry at Shun-Tek. There is bus A11 which goes airport to HK with the Macau ferry as the first post tunnel stop. Other choices are AE to Central and then taxi over or Taxi from HKIA all the way.
Old Jun 15, 13, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
OP's questions was old, from 2009 (unless I missed something or thread was edited)

Nevertheless, IMO, kind of expensive to store 5 suitcases at HKIA for 3 days, after exiting from airside - spend more money to go into "town" and then buy the ferry tickets, wait & board, etc.
Old Jun 16, 13, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Letitride3c View Post
OP's questions was old, from 2009 (unless I missed something or thread was edited)
You mean 1999? 14+ years ago.
This thread was started when Chap Lap Kok was less than a year old...
Old Jun 16, 13, 7:55 pm

Location: Home:HKG formerly YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Was this the first FT HK thread?
Old Jul 8, 13, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Platinum, Alaska 75K, Avianca, British Airways
Hey, that was me who posted this thread 14 years ago. I was on my way to Australia from Canada if I remember correctly. I believe I ended up dragging all the bags to a HKG hotel room and did a day trip to Macau. The wife was a total nag on that trip and for every trip after that until we got divorced 7 years later. Since then, life has been much happier not having to drag her luggage around.
Old Jul 8, 13, 8:48 pm

Update....the facility in terminal 1 is closed, not sure if renovation or permanent. After walking from A to B arrival area, discovered the closure, walked to Terminal 2 to store my bags. As usual, super efficient.
Old Jul 9, 13, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Hey, that was me who posted this thread 14 years ago. I was on my way to Australia from Canada if I remember correctly. I believe I ended up dragging all the bags to a HKG hotel room and did a day trip to Macau. The wife was a total nag on that trip and for every trip after that until we got divorced 7 years later. Since then, life has been much happier not having to drag her luggage around.
hummmm welcome back - i dont know if i should congratulate you for what had happened tho...
Old Jul 17, 13, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
I used to have a similar problem dragging my wife's luggage around. I'm now quite happy, though, to drag an equal or larger amount of Wife 2.0's luggage around. I conclude from this that my first wife's luggage had little if anything to do with the problem.
Old Jul 17, 13, 12:05 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Lifetime United Club stolen by Oscar “The Grouch” Munoz on 11.11.19
My wife carries her own baggage.

Search this Thread