FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hong Kong and Macau (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau-436/)
-   -   Macau Ferry to Kowloon East (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau/1861993-macau-ferry-kowloon-east.html)

puchong Aug 19, 2017 11:24 pm

Macau Ferry to Kowloon East

I need to get from Macau to the Crowne Plaza Kowloon East. Which ferry should I book and how best can I get from the dock to the hotel using public transort? Suggestions appreciated!

christep Aug 19, 2017 11:33 pm

Get the ferry from Macau to the Central (Shun Tak) port, transfer to the adjacent MTR Sheung Wan station, take the blue line to North Point, change to the purple line to Tseung Kwan O. The hotel is adjacent to that station.

garykung Aug 20, 2017 7:39 pm

There is an alternative if you can arrive in Kowloon (China Ferry Terminal) by 5:30 pm local time.

Let me know if you want to know more.

puchong Aug 24, 2017 11:30 am

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 28715036)
There is an alternative if you can arrive in Kowloon (China Ferry Terminal) by 5:30 pm local time.

Let me know if you want to know more.

Yes, I can do that. Please let me know!

garykung Aug 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 28731015)
Yes, I can do that. Please let me know!

There is a New World First Bus (NWFB) Route 796P going from China Ferry Terminal to Crowne Plaza Kowloon East, with a catch.

The tricks are:

1. This route is a special route, which only operates 3 times/day on the weekday (5:50 pm, 6:10pm, 6:30 pm).

2. This route does not actually stop in front of Crowne Plaza Kowloon East (otherwise, it will be too perfect). The closest stop is Chi Lin Buddhist Primary School, Tong Chun Street, which is only a block away from the hotel (5-10 minutes walk at most). In fact, the hotel is within visual distance from the stop.

The best part is if you can make it, you don't have to deal with all the MTR transfers.

If you have mobile data in Hong Kong, you can use NWFB's app reminding you the stop needed to get off.

puchong Aug 24, 2017 6:13 pm

Great info, thanks very much Garykung. Regrettably, I need to travel on a weekend so this option is out :(

aznichiro115 Aug 30, 2017 2:28 am

http://search.kmb.hk/KMBWebSite/index.aspx?lang=en

search for route 296D

There is a bus stop across the street from China Ferry Terminal. The stop in Tseung Kwan O is a less than 10 min walk to Crowne Plaza.

garykung Aug 30, 2017 3:35 am

Originally Posted by aznichiro115 (Post 28754263)
search for route 296D...

I suggest against this.

FWIW - 296D is a decent route. I would have taken it if I was OP. Unfortunately, I am not.

1. 296D stop @ Canton Road is relatively far away from China Ferry Terminal (it may not to a local, but it may be for a visitor) and may be difficult to find.

2. 296D terminal @ Sheung Tak Public Transport Terminus is very far away from Crowne Plaza.

3. A fast route, the service frequency of 296D is low (~20 minutes).

OP is better off with MTR in this case, which at least OP will not get lost.

christep Aug 30, 2017 3:41 am

The MTR involves only one cross-platform change of trains; the ferry terminal is above Sheung Wan MTR, and the hotel above TKO MTR. It's pretty straightforward, and it seems much easier for a tourist than a bus with a walk at each end.

aznichiro115 Aug 30, 2017 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 28754391)

1. 296D stop @ Canton Road is relatively far away from China Ferry Terminal (it may not to a local, but it may be for a visitor) and may be difficult to find.

Its a 3 min walk........ and clearly very hard to find........
http://search.kmb.hk/KMBWebSite/Reso...4-S-1080-0.jpg

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 28754391)

2. 296D terminal @ Sheung Tak Public Transport Terminus is very far away from Crowne Plaza.

LOL its a 3 min walk from the stop i suggested to the stop you suggest. but i guess that is VERY FAR.

garykung Aug 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by aznichiro115 (Post 28757331)
Its a 3 min walk........ and clearly very hard to find........

Why would you walk back to Austin Road stop (Canton Road Government Primary School) rather than Silvercord stop?

Originally Posted by aznichiro115 (Post 28757331)
LOL its a 3 min walk from the stop i suggested to the stop you suggest. but i guess that is VERY FAR.

You are kidding, right?

Google Maps estimate the walking distance is about 10 minutes.

kaka Sep 10, 2017 8:34 pm

its opposite the ferry pier exit but you have a massive detour to cross that section of canton road.
google map DOES say its 3 minutes but the route it shows is wrong. it does take more like 10 minutes than 3 mins.
the Silvercord stop is opposite Prada. If i were the op, i would walk out of ther ferry terminal, turn right, keep walking along until you see Fendi, then cross. and keep walking along the same direction as (he) was before crossing for another 2-30 meters.
That said if op has some large luggage he'd be in less sh!t w strict bus drivers if he takes the mtr.