FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hong Kong and Macau (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau-436/)
-   -   Non-HK Dual citizen applying for e-channel twice? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-macau/1853589-non-hk-dual-citizen-applying-e-channel-twice.html)

tya Jul 13, 2017 8:26 am

Non-HK Dual citizen applying for e-channel twice?

Hi Guys,

I have another echannel-related questions.
In possession of TW and US passport, with different first names.
I;ve already registered echannel using Mainland Travel Permit/Taibaozheng (as Taiwanese), but I also intend to register my US passport once I achieve required entires using my US passport.

I wonder what should I respond when asked by officer "have you registered before?"
Should my TBZ and US passport be interpreted as independently different? Or should it be seen as one?

christep Jul 13, 2017 8:42 am

My attitude towards HK bureaucracy is always "answer honestly". If you don't, it may come back to haunt you.

I'm curious though why you can't just pick one passport to enter HK with and stick to it?

tya Jul 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by christep (Post 28555694)
My attitude towards HK bureaucracy is always "answer honestly". If you don't, it may come back to haunt you.

I'm curious though why you can't just pick one passport to enter HK with and stick to it?

Yeah I could stick to using TBZ. I signed up with TBZ initially because of my FFP. Interested in using US passport entering HK from now on, that is why I am thinking of changing it to USP when I have echannel with TBZ already.

kaka Jul 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by tya (Post 28555629)
Hi Guys,

I have another echannel-related questions.
In possession of TW and US passport, with different first names.
I;ve already registered echannel using Mainland Travel Permit/Taibaozheng (as Taiwanese), but I also intend to register my US passport once I achieve required entires using my US passport.

I wonder what should I respond when asked by officer "have you registered before?"
Should my TBZ and US passport be interpreted as independently different? Or should it be seen as one?

id think what hes doing is quite common. Dont see a need to lie.

timesnaps Oct 23, 2017 1:42 am

I have two passports - albeit from the same country - and can use both for residence permitted entry. Not the same scenario, I know, but I would think if they ask, you just tell them you like to 'endorse' another passport for the same purpose - electronic gate entry/exit. If they ask why, you can always explain to them, that you very busy travelling, and one passport may not be available to you at all times (due to visa applications, travel permit updates... etc)

They either say yes or no