Consumer Council HK may assist in EC261/14 CFR Part 250 claims

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:55 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Consumer Council HK may assist in EC261/14 CFR Part 250 claims

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/e...le-it-yourself

"There have been cases where compensation offered to passengers in Hong Kong was actually less than the stipulated amount under the jurisdiction of the destination, but customers still accepted,” Wong said. However, according to her, upon finding out later that they were entitled to more, some passengers have complained to the council, and follow-up actions led to the airlines eventually paying the balance."

No airline was specifically involved but Consumer Council HK's ambit includes HK-domiciled airlines and foreign airlines operating out of HK, so to me this suggests HK Consumer Council will assist ex-HKG passengers:

1. Travelling on EU carriers to recover their EC261 compensation; and

2. Travelling on US or HK carriers to recover any US DOT compensation such as 14 CFR Part 250 IDB claims.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:35 am

Don't hold your breath.

Recall that even Martin Lee couldn't energize the Consumer Council.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.