Community
Wiki Posts
Search

courier service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:45 am
Original Poster

courier service

I left something at the Hong Kong airport, and it's at the lost and found. They say I have 3 (well, now 2) months to reclaim or it's theirs. I can have someone, including a courier company, pick it up for me. I have no plans to back to or through HKG in the meantime.

Do any of you know of a courier service and/or have any idea how much it might cost?

Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:30 am

http://www.hkairportconcierge.com/special_services.php.

Probably cost a bit less if you ask them to mail it. There's a post office right in the terminal.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I contacted them, and they wouldn't help me though.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:48 am

MAYBE "the" local courier company would do something like that? SF Door-to-Door
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:33 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by gpia
MAYBE "the" local courier company would do something like that? SF Door-to-Door
Er, SF-Express is a Chinese company, not a HK one, although like many Chinese companies it does have a strong presence here.

The HK local service would be Speedpost, but I doubt they would pick this up either.

I guess you need someone arriving in HKIA to pick it up and put it in to a mail / courier service for you.

Last edited by christep; Mar 20, 2017 at 6:33 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by christep
Er, SF-Express is a Chinese company, not a HK one, although like many Chinjese companies it does have a strong presence here.

The HK local service would be Speedpost, but I doubt they would pick this up either.

I guess you need someone arriving in HKIA to pick it up and put it in to a mail / courier service for you.
Yes, but from my experience SF is more of a courier service along the lines of FedEx/UPS than Speedpost. Might be wrong. Agree though don't know if either will be a big help here, but would check both...
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:02 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
It's trivially easy, I use DHL ... not cheap but reliable. http://www.dhl.com.hk/en/express/shipping/pickup.html
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Will DHL package stuff up for you as well? I understand it's straightforward if you have a packaged addressed item (and a DHL account), but in this case they need to go to a lost & found, sign to retrieve an item, package it and address it. Much more than simple pickup.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:23 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
If it fits into a standard shipping envelope then no problem, DHL will do it (you fill in the destination address online and it prints the label so all they have to do is seal the envelope upon pickup. If any other packaging is needed (or above the weight limit) then you'll have to use a shipping service; readily available at US airports but no idea about HKG. If it was my problem I'd get CX station manager to arrange it Actually that is an option, think most airlines would do the pickup if you book air cargo (but that will be really expensive ... DHL about USD 100 and airline maybe USD 500 unless you have contacts).
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by artemis021
I left something at the Hong Kong airport, and it's at the lost and found. They say I have 3 (well, now 2) months to reclaim or it's theirs. I can have someone, including a courier company, pick it up for me. I have no plans to back to or through HKG in the meantime.

Do any of you know of a courier service and/or have any idea how much it might cost?

Thanks.
What did you leave at the airport exactly, and where are you located?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
What did you leave at the airport exactly, and where are you located?
+1. If it's not top secret perhaps one of us who traverse HKIA on a weekly basis could do you a favor and do it for you.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
I live close to the airport. If you PM me, I'll might be able to help. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.