Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Club rooms in Hong Kong

Club rooms in Hong Kong

Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Club rooms in Hong Kong

We're planning a trip to HK and Macau in early April and are wanting to stay in a hotel with a club room in Tsim Sha Tsui. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
The Hyatt Regency TST would fit that bill.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
What exactly do you mean by a "club room"? Many hotels have floors of "club rooms" for members of the loyalty programmes. Or do you mean some sort of restricted-access lounge with free-flow food & drink? Or do you mean a gym/spa? Or some sort of function room?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Hong Kong Intercontinental. Although there is a ton of good drinking spots and restaurants close by.

You pay for the Club Room and it isn't cheap in HK.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
We have no hotel loyalty (not high enough for perks, so we book for other priorities) We spent 2 nights at Hotel Icon post-cruise a couple weeks ago and it was lovely. We were upgraded to a Jr Suite (had reserved a harbour view King club) The club amenities were very nice. Our room view & view from the club lounge were amazing!
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:56 am
Original Poster

I mean a club room with great views, a gym, breakfast and cocktails & appetizers from 6-8 included.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

thank you everyone for the great suggestions. There are 6 of us going and we always meet for drinks & snacks before dinner. All inclusive club rooms have always worked out best for us in Asia as we make good use of it.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:20 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Nice club open 24 hours at Cordis HK (formerly Langham Place Mongkok), have found this to be one of the best value clubs in Kowloon. I like getting espresso at 3 am making this club very convenient.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Shangri-la in TST has Horizon Club rooms/floor, we use this whenever passing through HK.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:44 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I think basically all 5* hotels have such offers don't they? They used to in my road warrior days. To those mentioned above you could certainly add the Sheraton.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
View???

Originally Posted by weather
I mean a club room with great views, a gym, breakfast and cocktails & appetizers from 6-8 included.
Best view in all of HK is the Intercontinental Harbourview, period/full-stop.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See also this thread for some discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...e-choices.html
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tentseller
Best view in all of HK is the Intercontinental Harbourview, period/full-stop.
👍👍. Quite true. But major construction going on both sides of the hotel may not make for an enjoyable stay.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:34 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by christep
I think basically all 5* hotels have such offers don't they? They used to in my road warrior days. To those mentioned above you could certainly add the Sheraton.
Sheraton is a bit of a special case, as you have to stay in the Towers (top 2 floors) which operates effectively as a separate hotel and costs quite a bit more. The regular Sheraton has a "club" that is a converted suite in a lower floor with no view and poor facilities. While the Towers club is quite nice, but it is typically double the price.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by number_6
Nice club open 24 hours at Cordis HK (formerly Langham Place Mongkok), have found this to be one of the best value clubs in Kowloon. I like getting espresso at 3 am making this club very convenient.
is it still 24hr club?...the website states otherwise. I stayed there in Oct 2014 (was Langham place then) and loved it. At the time, it was open 24hrs and self serve beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. At the time, an architect had delayed my business opening by nearly a year and I was in a bad position. shouldnt say this, but the open bar policy in the club lounge helped me cope. Fortunately, I fired the architect and the design/build contractor had the job finished and my business open in under three months.

I've heard mixed reviews about the place since it became Cordis, but none with any concrete details. I will be there in January. I'll post my thoughts then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.