Club rooms in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club rooms in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by christep
I think basically all 5* hotels have such offers don't they? They used to in my road warrior days. To those mentioned above you could certainly add the Sheraton.
AFAIK the Peninsula doesn't have club rooms.

The RC club lounge is open 24/7, with a selection of wine and some light snacks available through the night.

If the OP just wants a place for three couples to meet for drinks before dinner, a hotel with a nice lobby bar could be more cost effective.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

If the OP just wants a place for three couples to meet for drinks before dinner, a hotel with a nice lobby bar could be more cost effective.
I think this is a very good point. As much as I love a club lounge, if you're paying extra for it (rather than free with loyalty or a promo) then think carefully about the cost. Paying US$100 more a night for mediocre wine and some cheap bar snacks could go a lot further in the lobby bar - or indeed another bar of your choosing!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:48 am

Club level

stayed at Grand Hyatt Club level for Chinese New Year and it has amazing views with floor to ceiling windows on a two level room. Snacks are great and breakfast very good but not as amazing as their buffet in restaurant.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I think this is a very good point. As much as I love a club lounge, if you're paying extra for it (rather than free with loyalty or a promo) then think carefully about the cost. Paying US$100 more a night for mediocre wine and some cheap bar snacks could go a lot further in the lobby bar - or indeed another bar of your choosing!
Exactly.

When one person in a couple doesn't drink it is a waste too when you are in a fabulous city with lots of great places to dine and drink.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Just returned from my stay at Cordis HK. I didn't take pictures, but here's my take on the club lounge:

overall good experience; staff friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. The club is not 24hrs; it's open 6am-midnight. Good breakfast spread. Fruits, breads, meats, cheeses. They had bacon and scrambled eggs and there is an omelet station. They also had dim sum, fried noodles and a few other local offerings.

in the evening, hot food options changed day to day, but there was always some sort of sandwich and a small selection of meats and cheeses. Hot food was served from 5pm until 8pm. The staff did come around a few minutes prior to 8pm to notify last call on food.

Of course, there was always coffee, tea and non-alcoholic refreshments a ailable throughout the day. Not sure what time the liquor was put out, but I'm guessing it was at 5pm. Alcohol was available until close and is self serve. I suspect I could have opened the cooler and grabbed a beer anytime during the day, but I didn't have much interest and wasn't there mid day. Speaking of, the beer selection was poor. When I stayed a couple years ago (Langham place then), they had some local craft brews. Now just some crappy pilsners that I have no interest in drinking. Wine quality was low to average.

I'd say the experience was on par with my last stay a couple of years ago, with the exception of the beer selection.

Aside from the club lounge, the rest of the hotel seemed the same, just different branding.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Exactly.

When one person in a couple doesn't drink it is a waste too when you are in a fabulous city with lots of great places to dine and drink.
ill third this.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
+ 1

Originally Posted by number_6
Nice club open 24 hours at Cordis HK (formerly Langham Place Mongkok), have found this to be one of the best value clubs in Kowloon. I like getting espresso at 3 am making this club very convenient.
Great hotel, gorgeous rooftop pool, wonderful club lounge as well, with dedicated check-in for club level guests. Plus, the MTR station is connected directly to the hotel building.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by willflyforfood
Great hotel, gorgeous rooftop pool, wonderful club lounge as well, with dedicated check-in for club level guests. Plus, the MTR station is connected directly to the hotel building.
Technically, it's connected to the Langham Place Mall via skybridge from the hotel...subtle difference, but maybe it will save someone 5 minutes of wandering before they figure that out
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:14 pm

Thumbs up Yes to icon

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
We have no hotel loyalty (not high enough for perks, so we book for other priorities) We spent 2 nights at Hotel Icon post-cruise a couple weeks ago and it was lovely. We were upgraded to a Jr Suite (had reserved a harbour view King club) The club amenities were very nice. Our room view & view from the club lounge were amazing!
Could not agree more, icon is the best for their club, the canape you get from afternoon tea and evening cocktails are delicious. Also, the view from the lounge is incredible. The bartender was nice enough to make a special cocktail for me. Of course there was free flow of drinks. Love the experience....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.