Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong Transfer Time (AirAsia to Air Canada)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

I have an Air Canada flight departing HKIA Nov 14 at 19:50 local time which is already booked.

I will be travelling in from KUL on AirAsia, but I haven't bought my ticket yet. There is a flight that would arrive at HKIA at 17:10. I will not have any checked baggage, carry on only. The next earlier flight would be arriving at 12:40.

2 hours & 40 minutes seems like enough time based on my searches through the forum, but am still not quite confident. What do others think?

Also, I have a NEXUS pass, but I'm not sure if this has any bearing in Asia.

Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by pmnut
2 hours & 40 minutes seems like enough time based on my searches through the forum, but am still not quite confident. What do others think?
If you are 100% about the checked baggage (no checked baggage), then it is completely doable as you simply pass through the transit security.

Even you said no to checked baggage, always keep in mind that there will no interlining between AirAsia and AC. You will have to go through immigration and customs for it.

Originally Posted by pmnut
Also, I have a NEXUS pass, but I'm not sure if this has any bearing in Asia.
No unless you also has ABTC with HKG endorsement.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Thank you Gary. I plan to travel light, so will not have checked baggage for sure. Too many times waiting longer than necessary.

Thanks for pointing out ABTC, I am reading through the thread to see if it is worth it or not (67 pages, a long read!)
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
That is plenty of time, HKG is super efficient and easy to navigate. Only cause for worry would be if your Air Asia flight was delayed however you still have some leeway. Air Asia usually parks at the North Satellite Concourse so you will be bus transferred back to T1 where your AC flight will depart. Bus transfer takes about 5-10 min.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: AC*E50K, CX Gold, SPG Gold
All Air Asia flights park at the Midfield Concourse, not the North Satellite.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
2 hours 40 will leave you plenty of time providing you dont have any checked baggage
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: Marco Polo
Originally Posted by ailiton
All Air Asia flights park at the Midfield Concourse, not the North Satellite.
Is that new ? I could've sworn they parked at the MFC but thank you for the correction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.