Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Virgin Australia
Lounge access in Hong Kong

I have an 8 hour layover in Hong Kong and I would like to get a little sleep during this time. Should I get a hotel room or will one of the lounges I have access to have sleep facilities? I am booked in First Class on an Emirates flight from DXB to HKG and transferring to a Malaysian Airlines Business Class flight to KL. I have Platinum Virgin Australia status and Gold Qantas (One World) status. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Willym
...transferring to a Malaysian Airlines Business Class flight to KL...
This is conclusive enough. You will get all the CX J lounges access.

If you don't mind the noise, then CX J lounges are good ways to save money.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:45 am

Head to the new Cathay Pier Business lounge located near Gate 65. They have comfortable relaxing sofas which will be good for a couple hours of shut-eye.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
what time are you arriving and departing? HK airport doesn't open 24 hours.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
what time are you arriving and departing? HK airport doesn't open 24 hours.
The airport is open 24 hours, but only a few stores are open all night (7/11, McDonalds and similar).

I do believe that the Cathay lounges are open from 5.30am until 00.45am. So most of the day.

I've only been there once, but I really prefer the Qantas lounge to the Cathay ones. Far quieter *during the day, because the Qantas flights all leave at night*, better food and generally nicer.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Virgin Australia
Originally Posted by TravelDream
The airport is open 24 hours, but only a few stores are open all night (7/11, McDonalds and similar).

I do believe that the Cathay lounges are open from 5.30am until 00.45am. So most of the day.

I've only been there once, but I really prefer the Qantas lounge to the Cathay ones. Far quieter *during the day, because the Qantas flights all leave at night*, better food and generally nicer.
I arrive at 06:20 and depart at 14:45. I like the idea of a nice quiet Qantas lounge but the daybeds in The Pier sound good too. Thanks for the advice.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I arrive at 06:20 and depart at 14:45. I like the idea of a nice quiet Qantas lounge but the daybeds in The Pier sound good too. Thanks for the advice.
With the 620a arrival, you could connect with every HKG-KUL flight on the schedule prior to 245p (e.g. the 845a MH flight).
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
You might want to post a F lounge request If you've got 6 hours to spear
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
I arrive at 06:20 and depart at 14:45. I like the idea of a nice quiet Qantas lounge ....
Doesn't open until 9:30
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
The Emirates lounge at HKIA is very limited. There are showers but so far as I am aware there are no sleeping facilities and the food offerings are at best 'iffy' - well that's my experience anyway
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by beep88
Doesn't open until 9:30
Yes that's right.

It might be a good idea to visit it when it opens though, as it will be much quieter than the CX lounges.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by steveben53
The Emirates lounge at HKIA is very limited. There are showers but so far as I am aware there are no sleeping facilities and the food offerings are at best 'iffy' - well that's my experience anyway
Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think OP has access to the Emirates lounge, as OP is arriving HKG, rather than departing from HKG.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by garykung
Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think OP has access to the Emirates lounge, as OP is arriving HKG, rather than departing from HKG.
Sounds to me like the OP has an 8 hour layover and so far as I am aware he will have access to the Emirates lounge - I may well be wrong on this tho
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steveben53
Sounds to me like the OP has an 8 hour layover and so far as I am aware he will have access to the Emirates lounge - I may well be wrong on this tho
OP is arriving from an Emirates flight and departing by a Malaysia Airlines flight.

Even assuming OP is a Emirates Skywards Gold, which should have the best lounge access policy than J class alone applies to him, Emirates has clearly indicated that:

The lounge access benefit is available only when traveling onwards on an Emirates flight.
Since I don't know if the lounge can be used for arrival purpose (despite locating in the secured area), this is why I am not sure if I am correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.