Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

If have to choose one restaurant for dinner in HK - price no object..

Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry

Im being taken out and I can choose anywhere.... and was told don't worry about price... pick anywhere I want...

Where would you recommend?

Its not a loaded question...just have an opportunity to try a place Id never usually try due to price.......

Initial thoughts were: Amber, Café Grey, Landmark Grill,
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:18 am

lung king heen
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mkeroppi
lung king heen
Assume that is :Tin Lung Heen? If so....thanks for suggestion.... that view must be amazing alone...

Correction...I see you mean the place in Four Seasons....

Last edited by elg26; Mar 24, 2016 at 1:04 pm Reason: correction
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:58 pm

Tin Lung if you want the view; Lung King if you want the food.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:34 pm

dinner buffet at Harbourside
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by evergrn
dinner buffet at Harbourside
Good choice^ Funny when I had dinner there 2 years ago, the fois gras was the only item on the buffet line, "without" Chinese character translation. coincidence?

I would have dim sum in any of the the Michelin Star rated ones. I believe Four Seasons would be on top on my TDL, as I will be there again 2x next month.

@:-)
Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Go to Tim Ho Wan for lunch, then Lung King Heen for dinner, then to Joel Robuchon for a nightcap. That would be 7 Michelin stars in one day.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:54 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
It all depends on the context, there is more to enjoyment than price or even food quality. For romantic ambiance I'd pick Felix (top of Peninsula hotel) even though it isn't even the best food at the Peninsula. For absolute food quality, Lung King Heen (4S) is unquestionable it. For price/performance, my favourite is Ming Court (Cordis Mong Kok) which is a lowly 2 Michelin stars Great value and some fine food quality particularly in their signature dishes.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by chococat
Go to Tim Ho Wan for lunch, then Lung King Heen for dinner, then to Joel Robuchon for a nightcap. That would be 7 Michelin stars in one day.
I'd go to Tin Lung Heen for lunch and Lung King Heen for dinner. You can look down and then up at where you were although the view at Tin Lung Heen is towards the harbour and not the city so that's why I'd go there for lunch. The best view from the ritz restaurants is not from Tin Lung Heen.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: CX SL
I wouldn't think of the Michelin chinese restaurants for a splurge dinner as (to my taste) I can have similar food in cheaper places.
Instead I would recommend Pierre, Amber or Caprice. Better for wine options and pairing as well.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maxlmn
I wouldn't think of the Michelin chinese restaurants for a splurge dinner as (to my taste) I can have similar food in cheaper places.
Instead I would recommend Pierre, Amber or Caprice. Better for wine options and pairing as well.
I was thinking same thing....these sound like wonderful choices and because of the lower price point, I am going to take the suggestions and take myself there instead of picking one of them for the dinner...

As far as Pierre, Amber or Caprice - which one would you choose of the 3?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
If you like cheese then go for Caprice - it has an awesome multi-tier cheese trolley!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by maxlmn
My philosophy on this is that HK is the only place on the planet that you can get 3* Chinese food and service. If you want a 3* European/Continental restaurant, they are available in many parts of the world, including the US. If you're not going to be back in HK for a while, you might want to experience something unique to HK.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: CX SL
Originally Posted by chococat
My philosophy on this is that HK is the only place on the planet that you can get 3* Chinese food and service. If you want a 3* European/Continental restaurant, they are available in many parts of the world, including the US. If you're not going to be back in HK for a while, you might want to experience something unique to HK.
Well at least Caprice and Pierre have a view that is unique to HK.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by elg26
I was thinking same thing....these sound like wonderful choices and because of the lower price point, I am going to take the suggestions and take myself there instead of picking one of them for the dinner...

As far as Pierre, Amber or Caprice - which one would you choose of the 3?
i honestly think you have wasted our time. you said price is no object.

if that was your request, i dont see why someone would go to the chairman or fook lam moon over lung king heen or tin lung heen if price is no object.

they are IMO "THAT" much better!!

had you said, where should i go for the best value dinner then perhaps i would have chimed in with some alternatives. like the chairman....which is a very very nice and tasty place but no view, kind of in a grungy area and not very fancy...

what a waste of time. obviously money is an object.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.