Search

Connecting HKG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Connecting HKG

Hi,
I've been to Hong Kong a few times but always stopped over. I have an upcoming flight connecting through Hong Kong and I was just wondering do I need to fill out the arrival departure card (I won't leaving the airport) and will my bags get checked through without the need to pick up my bags?

Thanks for your help
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
So long as you stay airside you won't need to fill in an arrival card. But whether you need to go landside to collect and recheck your bags will depend on which airline you fly in on and which you fly out on. If either of them is a low cost carrier then you will likely need to go landside to collect your bags and recheck them; if they are on the same full service carrier (ex Cathay) then your bags will be checked through; if they are on two different carriers then it depends whether the two airlines have an interline agreement.

(None of the above is specific to HKG - it applies to most transits anywhere, with the exception of the USA, which doesn't do international to domestic bag transfers.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.