Wiki Posts
Search

Model Airplane shop

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Model Airplane shop

Does anyone know any good model airplane shops in Hong Kong?

Should I buy online from Tmall instead, somewhere in the US, or from HK?

Ultimately looking to build an airplane collection at home.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:55 pm

I know you're active on EVA discussions - as am I. I've purchased a few of the EVA model airplanes that are in the duty free catalog (purchases made while in the air, rather than for home delivery). The EVA models are manufactured by Hogan and are of good quality.

This being said, looks like Hong Kong Aviation shop in Kowloon has a pretty broad selection of models by several manufacturers including Hogan (if everything on their website is in stock, and I have no idea if that is or is not the case). I've always wanted to visit their store, but haven't had the opportunity. Might be worth checking out if you have the time. www.hkaviationshop.com. They have a very active Facebook account too.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Does anyone know any good model airplane shops in Hong Kong?

Should I buy online from Tmall instead, somewhere in the US, or from HK?

Ultimately looking to build an airplane collection at home.
There are a couple very well stocked shops I know of in Hong Kong, one on HK Island and the other on the Kowloon Peninsula.

The one on HK is:
AirBus Models
1/F 68 Des Voeux Road, Central. This shop is upstairs from a doorway on Pottinger Road near the Man Yee Building. Standing at Pottinger Street and Queens Rd you can see the window of the shop upstairs. Very big selection in the shop and they maintain a warehouse in the same building so make sure and ask if you want something specific. At least one of the proprietors speaks very good English if that is important to you. The prices here may be a little more expensive than the shop on Kowloon.

The Kowloon shop:
West Main Toys
1/F, No.234 Sai Yeung Choi Street South, Mongkok, Kowloon. This shop is near the Prince Edward MTR station. Another big selection, prices slightly lower. I bought several models here in the last month.

If you are in Hong Kong both are well worth a visit!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Any smaller shop that has the good basic planes w/ good prices?

Looking for an very local HK shop

Idea of what I'm looking for.
~ANA Star Wars 787-9
~EVA Kitty 77W
~Asiana A380
~lufthansa 747-8
~Concorde
~A350, 737, 757, 767 , etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.