Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel time from HKG to Macau via SkyPier

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Travel time from HKG to Macau via SkyPier

I'll be traveling BKK-HKG on CX in January and will be arriving at 345pm. I see there is a Cotai Waterjet at 415pm (probably won't make it) and a TurboJet at 515pm. Next available ferry is at 815pm.

I will have checked luggage. Will I have time to clear immigration and make it to the 515pm Turbojet? If I do, what time will I eventually make it to the Grand Hyatt in Macau?

Normally I wouldn't stress it so much, but I'm looking to purchase the House of Dancing Water tickets for the 8pm showing, so need to know if its too risky of a gamble. Thanks all!
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:44 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by nsmn4945
I'll be traveling BKK-HKG on CX in January and will be arriving at 345pm. I see there is a Cotai Waterjet at 415pm (probably won't make it) and a TurboJet at 515pm. Next available ferry is at 815pm.

I will have checked luggage. Will I have time to clear immigration and make it to the 515pm Turbojet? If I do, what time will I eventually make it to the Grand Hyatt in Macau?
You don't clear Hong Kong immigration. You go straight to the ferry embarkation, hand them your claim checks, and they get the luggage onto the ferry. I found it very efficient, but I am sure others will more extensive information than me will be able to say more.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Hi nsmn4945,

I went through this experience last month (exactly 30 days ago, actually!)

Once you land at HKG, like SanDiego1K said, you DO NOT clear HK Immigration. You simply go to the CotaiJet/TurboJet desks inside the terminal (there are plenty of signs) and buy your ticket(s.)

Show them your baggage tags and they will issue you new tags. You can check the status of your baggage at the few machines that are scattered around the desks. I am confident you will NOT make the 4:15pm sailing - take my word for this one.

The 5:15pm - I am pretty sure you will be fine. There is more than enough time to take that sailing. Once you get onto the ferry, it should be around a 50 minute sailing time, so you should be at the Macau ferry terminal at around 6:05 or so, give or take 10 minutes. It'll be another 10 - 15 minutes for your luggage and maybe 5 - 10 minutes for Macau customs/immigration. Head on outside, follow the signs outside the terminal, hop onto the appropriate shuttle bus, and that should be tops, another 30 minutes, so I'd say around 7pm'ish, assuming all goes well.

Traffic in Macau can be pretty crazy sometimes, so give yourself a 30 minute buffer if you are promising someone to meet them at a certain time/location.

Edit: I just re-read your post and I see you are trying to catch a show. I agree with rkkwan - It is likely you won't have enough time. Customs for me was pretty breazy, but this was the 8:15pm sailing into Macau from HKG. There weren't very many people so the line was short.

Last edited by bcrdukes; Nov 15, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
A 6pn arrival at Macau and 2 hours is probably not enough time to catch your show unless you go straight to the theater in my opinion. The line at Macanese immigration can be long, their may be a wait for the shuttle, and traffic. So, prepare that you may have to leave your luggage at concierge and check-in after the show.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:53 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
If you check into your hotel after the show, it's do.able
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
if your travelling in business class will the airline issue your with express passes that can be used at the macau immigration once your off the ferry at macau?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
if your travelling in business class will the airline issue your with express passes that can be used at the macau immigration once your off the ferry at macau?
No.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I've you've got checked bags then an express pass wouldn't even be relevant (if such a thing even existed). The wait for checked bags to be delivered to the immigration bag pick-up area can be excruciatingly long at times. In all likelihood you'll already have cleared immigration before your bag arrives.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
If traveling AAA-HKG(overnight)-BBB and plan to check a bag at AAA thru to BBB.

If heading to Macau overnight via Skypier, I have no need or won't be asked to collect the checked bag correct? TIA
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
If your bag will be checked through, then you have no issue at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.