Airport Express Current Discount

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paul00
List of current discounts on the Airport Express

Free travel for children (aged 3-11) and half-price travel for seniors (aged 65+)

From 16 December 2022 to 29 January 2023, Child Octopus card holders enjoy free journeys, while Elder Octopus / JoyYou Card holders enjoy a 50% discount on the Octopus fare. Details available on the MTR website.

Up to 40% off single and return tickets

When purchased in advance online at kkday (https://www.kkday.com/en/product/2425) and you will get a e-redemption voucher QR Code 1-2 hours later, or...
When purchased online from Klook (https://www.klook.com/activity/71-ai...ess-hong-kong/). After payment, you will immediately receive a confirmation email and e-redemption voucher (which is valid for 1 month from the order date), and can use it immediately (as of May 2019)
Hong Kong, Kowloon and Tsing Yi station tickets are available at a discount of around 40% off.

Alternatively, if you pay with an HSBC credit card and the total order amount is at least USD50, you will receive an additional USD5 discount by entering the promo code HSBC18US5 (first order only). For details, see https://www.homeandaway.hsbc.com/1/2...looktravel/all

Note: if you purchase multiple one-way tickets in a single transaction on Klook, you will only be issued a single voucher. If you exchange that voucher, you will receive multiple tickets, valid on the day of exchange only.

If you want to purchase multiple tickets for use on different days (say several different trips) you have to buy single one-way tickets in separate Klook transactions, receive several separate vouchers, and exchange those vouchers on your respective travel dates.

30% off single and return tickets

Use promotion code mtronline when buying a single or return ticket on the MTR website or MTR mobile app between 16 December 2019 and 5 January 2020. Tickets are valid for 92 days from the date of purchase. For details, see http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/main/ael_winter.html

Group discount (2, 3 or 4 people travelling together)

Discount available on a single journey fare to/from the airport: http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/ti..._4persons.html

50% off an Airport Express single journey to the airport

If using an Octopus card, a 50% discount is available on a single journey fare to the airport if taking the taxi (taxi fare of HKD60 or more) to Kowloon or Tsing Yi station (but not Hong Kong station): http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/tickets/ael_taxi.html

Free connection on the MTR

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/se...nnections.html

30% off single and return tickets

When purchased from Hong Thai travel agency either online (http://www.hongthai.com/tc/Promotion...Promotion.html) or in person at a branch office (list of addresses: http://www.hongthai.com/tc/templates/BranchListAll.html).

If purchasing online, the "confirmation note" (which you must print out and show at the Airport Express station ticket counter to get your ticket) will be e-mailed to you 12-24 hours after you make your purchase on the Hong Thai website. The "confirmation note" is valid for 60 days from the order date. Visa, MasterCard, UnionPay and American Express are accepted payment methods for online orders.

If purchasing in person at a branch office, only cash/EPS is accepted. You will receive a paper voucher valid until 31 December 2018 which must be exchanged for a ticket at the Airport Express station ticket counter.

Confirmation Note is redeemed at Airport Express Customer Service Centre at Tsing Yi/Kowloon/Hong Kong stations; not HKIA station. When flying into HKIA, head directly to Airport Express train. Do not stop at HKIA Airport Express Customer Service Centre. Once you arrive at Tsing Yi/Kowloon/Hong Kong, redeem at Customer Service Centre for ticket to exit the turnstile.

(Old info that has not been updated/verified since Jul 2018 below)

22% off single and return tickets

When purchased in person from Skywards Travel, which has 15 branches in Hong Kong (http://www.skywards.com.hk/files/con...3-file_cht.pdf).

20% off single and return tickets

When purchased in person from Travel Expert travel agency (which has many branches in HK, including in Central MTR station and Kowloon and Tsing Yi Airport Express stations). The Travel Expert branch in Central MTR station (shop number E17) sells a one-way ticket between HK and the airport for HKD80, and a return ticket between HK and the airport for HKD144. The Travel Expert branch in Kowloon station (shop number 53 located to the right hand side of the in-town check in area) sells a one-way ticket between Kowloon and the airport for HKD72, and a return ticket between Kowloon and the airport for HKD128. The Travel Expert branch in Tsing Yi station (shop number 302) sells a one-way ticket between Tsing Yi and the airport for HKD48, and a return ticket between Tsing Yi and the airport for HKD88. Airport Express tickets are also available from other Travel Expert branches (full list at http://www.travelexpert.com.hk/en/Ab...ails.asp?Uid=6).

Up to 16% off single and return tickets (including child tickets)

Gray Line Tours sells Tsing Yi tickets at a 16% off discount, and Hong Kong/Kowloon tickets at a 10% off discount: http://www.grayline.com.hk/transportation/1/fulllist/4
Print Wikipost

Airport Express Current Discount

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Has anyone had success using a printed (on paper) QR code from Klook? I don't have a Smartphone so would be printing the voucher on paper. Does the QR code scan ok from the paper voucher?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
Has anyone had success using a printed (on paper) QR code from Klook? I don't have a Smartphone so would be printing the voucher on paper. Does the QR code scan ok from the paper voucher?
I intend to give it a go next week as it's my first time using the QR code. Paper to access check-in desks at AE in the morning, and smartphone to access AE platform in the evening.

Perhaps someone else is going earlier though.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:09 am

I just contacted Klook to ask if I can use the QR code twice if I want to do downtown checkin the night before. They seem to have no clue about downtown checkin.
Does anyone have experience with that?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by HKtraveller
I just contacted Klook to ask if I can use the QR code twice if I want to do downtown checkin the night before. They seem to have no clue about downtown checkin.
Does anyone have experience with that?
My guess is they don't know the term "downtown" with respect to the Airport Express. It's not a commonly used term here.

According to the Terms and Conditions of the Klook voucher (which I copied & pasted from the one I'll be using):
Passengers using the Free In-town Check-in service should use the same QR Code for the service beforehand
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by DragonSoul
According to the MTR website:

And according to the Terms and Conditions of the Klook voucher (which I copied & pasted from the one I'll be using):
Thanks. Klook also got back to me by email confirming this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Has anyone used the paper voucher? I have trouble with my cell at times and would rather do paper
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by FC flyer
Has anyone used the paper voucher? I have trouble with my cell at times and would rather do paper
Since it is the same code on different media I don't see why not.
It should read the same as it is an optical reader.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by HKtraveller
If you are really after saving money, take S1 to Tung Chung and then MTR. Around 20$ to East TST for example (or Austin in your case)
Kowloon Station to be exact, don't even need to change lines. Been there, done that. I don't mind on the odd occasions when I have to meet up with friends or etc at airport.

But before / after a flight with luggage, that is not something I would cheap out ~$100 on. The S1/56 leg is just too time consuming.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Klook it is! Hong Thai is a few bucks cheaper, but I don't want to go through the hassle of picking up a ticket.

Anyone know what's the best klook discount beside "Mobile10" for HKD$10 off?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Klook it is! Hong Thai is a few bucks cheaper, but I don't want to go through the hassle of picking up a ticket.

Anyone know what's the best klook discount beside "Mobile10" for HKD$10 off?
If you do not yet have an account, you can sign up through a referral and get $25 off.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I intend to give it a go next week as it's my first time using the QR code. Paper to access check-in desks at AE in the morning, and smartphone to access AE platform in the evening.

Perhaps someone else is going earlier though.

I used the QR code on a paper print out and it worked fine in both directions. Yay KLOOK!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:24 pm

Used the Klook paper print-out for check-in at the Airport Express in the morning and tried to use the QR code on my phone for the train later. Unfortunately (and I didn't notice), at the station my phone flipped from 4G to the station wifi and the email wouldn't open. As it wouldn't open and I couldn't find the darn paper code in my bag (found it later of course), I missed the train. Sorted out the phone and used it to get through on the QR code reader.

Next time I'll screenshot the QR code (or perhaps just keep the print-out handy). Duh!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Used the Klook paper print-out for check-in at the Airport Express in the morning and tried to use the QR code on my phone for the train later. Unfortunately (and I didn't notice), at the station my phone flipped from 4G to the station wifi and the email wouldn't open. As it wouldn't open and I couldn't find the darn paper code in my bag (found it later of course), I missed the train. Sorted out the phone and used it to get through on the QR code reader.

Next time I'll screenshot the QR code (or perhaps just keep the print-out handy). Duh!
Download the PDF from Klook which has the code the code, no wifi or 4.5G required.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by tentseller
Download the PDF from Klook which has the code the code, no wifi or 4.5G required.
Guess which was the ONE PDF for this trip I didn't download into my Acrobat app. Go on, guess. /facepalm
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Is it somehow possible to get the discounted same day return ticket? Klook claims it isn't, but what about the others?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.