Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Valley Race track question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2013, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
Happy Valley Race track question

Going to be in HK first week in Sept. Wife really wants to see a race at Happy Valley. I know I can get club access and purchase a tourist badge, but from what I have read its some what casual, no shorts or jeans, while the general admin seem to be the beer party zone. I can go both way but to be truthful its vacation I like wearing shorts and drinking beer. I guess the club are has seats, is it standing room only with the general admission are the places to sit?
General vibe of one vs the other.

We are going for the experience, think I would get a more real HK experience with the general admission, or is there some amzing perk of club access w/ tourist badge I don't know about.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:57 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
I am no regular here, I maybe go 2-3 times per year. I go with the missus or some friends and buy tickets for the "Stable Bend". Here you pay $480HKD each and there is a eat what you like hot / cold buffet with plenty of choices, and free flow beer and wine. There is also a Tote office within a few yards.

Away from the crowds down the end, but good views and civilised. If I remember correctly you can reserve seating (the wife does it these days) so you get a good spot over looking the course.

Recommended.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
As a regular attendee during my 4 years living there, Wednesday evening at HV has to be spent trackside, especially if you like to wear shorts and drink beer. IMO, skip the club level.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
you had me at beer.......
Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by maltman1
you had me at beer.......
not only beer, but probably the cheapest beer you'll drink whilst in town.

funnily enough, i'm going to be in HK next month for only the 3rd time since i left almost 4 years ago and have managed to arrange the trip so that i can do HV on the wednesday evening before heading to the airport for a midnight flight.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
As a regular attendee during my 4 years living there, Wednesday evening at HV has to be spent trackside, especially if you like to wear shorts and drink beer. IMO, skip the club level.
exactly. First time MUST be in the public trackside. Quintessential Hong Kong.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
not only beer, but probably the cheapest beer you'll drink whilst in town.

funnily enough, i'm going to be in HK next month for only the 3rd time since i left almost 4 years ago and have managed to arrange the trip so that i can do HV on the wednesday evening before heading to the airport for a midnight flight.
nice. Races do start up again next month. So much fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.