Wiki Posts
Search

Transit card question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
Transit card question

Going to be spending 9 days in HKG, I see I can buy a 2 round trip airport express tickets, that give a 3 day unlimited ride.

Is this best but or get a Octopus card and just load it up. MTR is going to be our prime mode of getting around.

Also was not sure if this 3 day pass then acts as a re-loadable Octopus card?

Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (Xperia Z: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; C6603 Build/10.3.1.A.0.244) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.94 Mobile Safari/537.36)

To be honest, unless you do long train ride everyday, you won't see much value of that special airport express tourist pass. You can buy a normal airport express round trip ticket and get a normal octopus card.

The airport express tourist pass is also a octopus card that you can load it with cash for non subway / train use.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:02 am

A lot of attractions are not accessible by the MTR, such as the Peak and Stanley. Get an Octopus and deduct your bus and train trips off it. There are also plenty of airport buses that may be more convenient than transferring to the Airport Express.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:25 am

Octopus card is also good for variety of retail stores, 7/11, supermarkets [Wellcome], kiosks at the MTR stations, McDonald [if you get tired of good chinese food]. Well worth to get one.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.