Early flight - lounge access airside without a boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)

I have a 7:25 AM flight on PR and I plan to go to the airport right after the clubs, to avoid having to book another hotel room in the city only for couple of hours.

I have a PP membership with access to the Travelers' Lounge "airside".

Any suggestion on how I can access the lounge since PR doesn't offer online check-in, which means I won't have any boarding pass to show to the immigration officer? Also, PR doesn't allow check in a day in advance at the airport express station downtown.

Thank you!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 1:27 am
Suspended

Then you're out of luck

If your flight is 7:25am....what time do they start checking people in then? Around 4am? If you're at the clubs until 2/3am and then catch the Airport Express (or a night bus to kill some time)....you should arrive the airport around that time anyways. If you really have the time to kill....just head for some midnight snack after clubbing.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
just head for some midnight snack after clubbing.
McD is not a bad choice in this case.

Some of them are open 24 hours with dine in. So you can sit long (and the free wifi...)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Airport Express is not 24-hours. Last train from the city departs Hong Kong station at 00:48. The idea of taking a night bus is a good one. For example, N21 from the Kowloon Star Ferry runs every 20 minutes overnight, and takes over an hour. Other routes from HK Island and elsewhere in Kowloon.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Please note that the last time I tried that, the exit immigration only operates from 05:30am
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by rkkwan
Airport Express is not 24-hours. Last train from the city departs Hong Kong station at 00:48. The idea of taking a night bus is a good one. For example, N21 from the Kowloon Star Ferry runs every 20 minutes overnight, and takes over an hour. Other routes from HK Island and elsewhere in Kowloon.
First AE leaving HK Central is just before 6am.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:43 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Please note that the last time I tried that, the exit immigration only operates from 05:30am
For future reference, by exit immigration are you including the men in hats checking boarding pass, and security?

I assume the e-channel would operate 24 hours unless they turn off the power...
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by :D!
For future reference, by exit immigration are you including the men in hats checking boarding pass, and security?

I assume the e-channel would operate 24 hours unless they turn off the power...
Yes, they do turn off the power and close the door (for security check and immigration) as there's normally no flight between 02:30 - 07:00
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Thanks for all your help guys!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Thanks for all your help guys!
How did it go?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Yes, they do turn off the power and close the door (for security check and immigration) as there's normally no flight between 02:30 - 07:00
both north and south gate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.