Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another connection/transfer question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Another connection/transfer question

I am travelling from Bangkok to Hong Kong on Emirates and have 2 hours to transfer to an Air Canada flight. As Emirates and Air Canada are not code share partners I’ve been told I need to pick up my luggage and check it in with Air Canada – can anyone comment on feasibility of doing this?

I know a lot will depend on how soon my luggage comes off the Emirates plane and how close the Air Canada desk is but if someone can reassure that it can be done (or not) I'd really appreciate it. I'm presuming I need to leave the secure area to get the luggage and then after getting it to Air Canada I need to go through security again.

Thanks in advance for any responses
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Both are major int'l airlines that should have interline agreements for baggage transfer. EK will tag your bags to final destination.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:42 am
Original Poster

I thought that unless the airlines are code share partners they no longer transfer luggage to other flights and I know that AC and Emirates aren't code share partners. I would be really happy (dare I say ecstatic) if I can get it checked through.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:09 am

Hi Lady, agree with RKK, you can interline the bags...AC does interline with EK.
http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...ket/index.html

If they still don't tag it through, 2 hours is enough time to recheck and make your flight. You bag will be most likely on the belt before you reach it and just walk upstairs to the departures hall. If immigration line is long, you should be able to talk to one of the officers there to speed you through, just show your onward flight papers. They're friendly, but usually the line moves fast.

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Both are major int'l airlines that should have interline agreements for baggage transfer. EK will tag your bags to final destination.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Great news thanks to both of you. When I called and asked AC they said no they don't have reciprocal agreements with Emiriates but now that I have the link from their page I'll print it (and the details you provided of how to make it to the plane on time)

Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.