Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Couple of Specific Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Couple of Specific Questions

Hi, I've read through a lot of the old threads and really appreciate the useful information. I have a couple of questions, so far, in connection with an upcoming trip I hope to take with my wife and almost 4 y.o. son. Many thanks for any information anyone can provide:

1. Recommendations for places to get dumplings (shui jiao or guo tie, in mandarin)? Especially in TST, Mong Kok, Central areas. I know this is not a focus of HK cuisine but our son loves them a lot.

2. How challenging is the hike from To Tei Wan via Dragon's Back to Big Wave Bay for a kid? I've seen very different estimates of time and difficulty. Our son is a pretty capable hiker and has covered maybe 3 miles without too many problems (albeit on somewhat flatter terrain), but he's also a kid obviously, so I don't want to push too much. This would be in March so that temperatures are hopefully not too high. And we'd want him to have enough energy left to enjoy the beach a bit. I've also read suggestions of a walk from the MTR to Big Wave that is easier, though it seems like a shame not to do Dragon's Back while we are there. Any opinions especially from people who've done the hike with younger kids would be appreciated.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
1. www.openrice.com . as for "shui jiao", you have to distinguish between cantonese and northern chinese, and go to the appropriate restaurants(wonton noodle place or northern chinese).
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
Christep is a member on here and hikes - he will be able to give you exact information on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.