Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 Prepaid SIM For Use In HK & Japan

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

3 Prepaid SIM For Use In HK & Japan

I am traveling to HK & Japan in January 2012. So I want to get a SIM card for use in both HK & Japan, but foreigners can't purchase SIM cards in Japan.

So when looking at carriers for HK, I came across 3 and their prepaid SIMs, which also allows a "Data Daily Roaming Pass" in other countries. Most importantly, Japan for just $168 HK ($21 USD) per day according to their Data Daily Roaming Pass website.

So now I am looking into purchasing a prepaid 3 SIM from eBay before I travel to HK & Japan, and am wondering if this eBay seller's SIM can be activated with the Data Daily Roaming Pass option?

Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:44 pm

This SIM card from 3 will allow you to roam in Japan:
http://www.three.com.hk/website/appm...&pageid=611001

You can actually purchase it in the electronic store at the arrival hall in Hong Kong (across from the mini food court, next to the 7-11). I got one last time I went back to Hong Kong... I also love the 3G data usage (1MB for $2HKD), which is handy for looking things up quickly if you are lost in HK..
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YVR_Kuma
This SIM card from 3 will allow you to roam in Japan:
http://www.three.com.hk/website/appm...&pageid=611001

You can actually purchase it in the electronic store at the arrival hall in Hong Kong (across from the mini food court, next to the 7-11). I got one last time I went back to Hong Kong... I also love the 3G data usage (1MB for $2HKD), which is handy for looking things up quickly if you are lost in HK..
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm actually going to Japan first, then HK the week after. Hence why I need to purchase it from eBay first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.