Ladies Market

Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, DL Million Miler
Ladies Market

I'll be in Holiday Inn Golden Mile on Thurs nite and all day Friday next week. What is easiest way to get to "Ladies Market" (I heard about this on a thread here on FT) to look for knock-off watches and bags? Cab, bus? Cost of cab? I would appreciate directions.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:25 pm

When I was in Hong Kong about 2 years ago, I walked all over town. This was a lot of fun and I saw some neat stuff. Eventually, I decided to take a cab. I was SHOCKED at how cheap it was (although I lived in NY shortly before this) and didn't walk more than a few blocks for the rest of the trip. If you can afford to get to Hong Kong, the cab fare shouldn't be a problem wherever you want to go.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
MTR for 3 stops to Mong Kok. Or cross Nathan Road for the bus stop in front of Kowloon Hotle and ride one of the many buses - 1, 1A, 2, 6, 6A or 9, up about 6 stops to "Nelson Street" in Mong Kok.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:55 am

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
The number of fake goods in the Ladies Market has dropped substantially over the last year or so as Customs agents perform regular searches of the area so you may struggle to find anything decent.

I generally wander through the area every month or so and for the last few months haven't seen anything at all (could have just been bad timing).

Good luck!
Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by rkkwan
MTR for 3 stops to Mong Kok. Or cross Nathan Road for the bus stop in front of Kowloon Hotle and ride one of the many buses - 1, 1A, 2, 6, 6A or 9, up about 6 stops to "Nelson Street" in Mong Kok.
MTR is a very easy and inexpensive way to get there. When you get off in Mong Kok, take exit D3. When you come out of the exit, take the alley immediately to your left. It leads straight into the Ladies' Market.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:48 am

I've seen more knock-offs being sold in the streets of southern Spanish cities than in HK nowadays ...
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, DL Million Miler
Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the information.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.