HKIA to the JW Marriott on Subway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKIA to the JW Marriott on Subway

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: MPC
of course the simplest would be to get a taxi.

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 25, 2010 at 11:55 am Reason: Inappropriate language
Old Nov 25, 2010, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Yeah, simply the longest walking distance of all the options presented here.
Agreed especially if you're travelling with a suitcase.

If one just missed a H1 bus, it's a 20 minutes' wait for the next one. Taxi fare from HK Station to JWM should not cost more than US$4.

Unfortunately, most HK locals consider the best to mean the cheapest.

The MTR ride from HK Station on transfer from the Airport Express is free if one uses an Octopus card.

On arrival at Admiralty, it's also a long walk including going up a few escalators to JWM and have to navigate through the Pacific Place which may be "intimidating" for a first time traveller to the city.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i wasa at the hk station waiting for a fd the other day. the queue for taxi at peak hours (7pm) was pretty long. i'd say 10 minutes easy.

so YMMV, whether to do the shuttle bus or taxi. or A11 from the very beginning.
Basically for ranking by total walking distance:
1) Airport Express + taxi (beating #2 by less waiting time)
2) Airport Express + Shuttle bus H1
3) A11 Airport bus, getting off at Admiralty Station (go up to the walkway and navigate thru the mall with a shortcut on the left side)
4) Airport Express + MTR (Between HK Station where the Airport Express is and Central Station is easily a 10 minute walk for us; more hassle with luggage n u're not supposed to be using trolleys)

Oh, of course above all there's the chauffeur from the hotel
Old Nov 27, 2010, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I am a local and I always do airport express + shuttle, and cab if not available.

Just don't like the idea of hauling my luggage when taxi is so affordable

Last edited by ChrisLi; Nov 27, 2010 at 7:31 am
Old Nov 27, 2010, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For us who live in in the Whampoa Surrounding of Hung Hom, we find Bus E23 to be far more convenient and cheaper than the AE. If we were to take the AE, we'd have to get off at Kln Station and then transfer to a taxi or another bus. With E23, all we have to do is get off at Whampoa Plaza and then from there it is a short walk from where we live. Our second alternative would be to take A21 to Hung Hom and switch to taxi from there.

The question whether or not to take the AE boils down to 1) where one is going to/coming from and 2) how much one is willing to spend.

Last edited by Rejuvenated; Nov 27, 2010 at 2:00 pm
Old Nov 27, 2010, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
The question whether or not to take the AE boils down to 1) where one is going to/coming from and 2) how much one is willing to spend.
Agreed and JWM is a convenient destination for AE.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
[SIZE=1]Just don't like the idea of hauling my luggage when taxi is so affordable
Agreed but you and I are probably outliers as many locals and mainlanders define best as being the cheapest. They appear not to understand or have heard of the concept of getting what you've paid.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by kaka
Agreed. If option is serious, why not take shuttle bus which is free anyway. Save the walking for another day
Personally, I enjoy the walk after a long flight. Not sure where the JW sits in the drop off sequence, but I've taken those free shuttle buses before (to other hotels) and been stuck on them for 20-30 min, waiting to get off.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by i'mlovin'it
Personally, I enjoy the walk after a long flight. Not sure where the JW sits in the drop off sequence, but I've taken those free shuttle buses before (to other hotels) and been stuck on them for 20-30 min, waiting to get off.
The H1 stops in order are:

1) Island Shangri-La
2) Conrad Hong Kong
3) Pacific Place
4) JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
5) Empire Hotel Hong Kong · Wan Chai
6) The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel Hong Kong
7) Novotel Century Hong Kong
8) Renaissance Harbour View Hotel
9) Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre

JWM is the fourth stops, but look at the map and it will show that the first four stops are all basically located next to each other on Justice Road. The shuttle completes a circle from the last stop in HK Convention & Exhibition Centre and returns to HK Station. That means return trip from JWM to HK Station will take longer than the outbound trip.

Last edited by CAPT Tee; Nov 30, 2010 at 3:01 pm
Old Sep 13, 2015, 6:57 pm

time to airport?

I realize this is an old post, but can anyone tell me how long it would take from the airport to JW Marriott with these two options?

Also, any favorite restaurants in Pacific Place mall?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
Originally Posted by ylee1773
I realize this is an old post, but can anyone tell me how long it would take from the airport to JW Marriott with these two options?

Airport express is 24 minutes.
Taxi should be no more than 10 minutes

Shuttle is likely to take longer (but probably only by 5 mins) given the JW is the 4th stop.

ps. Probably best to start new threads in future rather than bumping something that has been dead for 5 years :-)
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ylee1773
Welcome to FT ylee1773 ^. Take a look at my Thailand TR below where I detail this exact transit from HKG to JW. it is really easy, and under 40 minutes. Also, Peaking Garden is my restaurant recommendation.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat4Life, Hertz Pres Circle, reformed WN AP & CP
Originally Posted by Madone59
Welcome to FT ylee1773 ^. Take a look at my Thailand TR below where I detail this exact transit from HKG to JW. it is really easy, and under 40 minutes. Also, Peaking Garden is my restaurant recommendation.

+1 for Peking Garden. It's my favorite in Pacific Place.

As far as getting to the JW... if you have luggage or are in a hurry just grab a taxi.

Call me crazy, but if I'm not in a hurry and don't have luggage I prefer walking from Hong Kong station to Central then jumping back on the MTR to Admiralty.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Kevin Adams
Call me crazy, but if I'm not in a hurry and don't have luggage I prefer walking from Hong Kong station to Central then jumping back on the MTR to Admiralty.
Call me crazy, but if you are not in a hurry, why take the Airport Express and MTR at all? I usually take the A11 bus for $40 or better yet the E11 bus for $21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.