Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Purchasing an iPhone 4 during business trip

Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, DL, AA

I will be traveling to Hong Kong for business in December, and would like to buy an unlocked iPhone 4 from a local Apple store. It seems that the Apple stores rarely have any stock due to the high demand at this time. I was hoping the demand would be less during December, but I'm not counting on it.

I was thinking about ordering a phone from the online Apple store, and shipping it to a hotel. My hotel says they can receive packages for me, but I'm not sure that Apple would ship there. Has anybody tried having the phone shipped to a hotel? Any suggestions would be appreciated to obtaining the elusive HK iPhone 4.

Last edited by sleepytraveler; Sep 30, 2010 at 11:51 pm
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
There's still a small backlog in Hong Kong for the iPhone 4 (already far less than the demand in August / September) but you should be able to buy it on-site in Mong Kok. However, be prepared to pay a premium if you decide to purchase it there.

Why not call Apple to ask about the delivery procedure?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
There's still a small backlog in Hong Kong for the iPhone 4 (already far less than the demand in August / September) but you should be able to buy it on-site in Mong Kok. However, be prepared to pay a premium if you decide to purchase it there.

Why not call Apple to ask about the delivery procedure?
What is the premium on an iPhone 4 in Mong Kok? I will call Apple and see what they say.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
When I last saw it its +HKD800.

As you are coming in Dec 2010 I will say you should be safe, you can come back to here and ask again which people here (me inclusive) will be OK to help you to buy and sell you at what apple charge us for the sake of CC points
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
When I last saw it its +HKD800.

As you are coming in Dec 2010 I will say you should be safe, you can come back to here and ask again which people here (me inclusive) will be OK to help you to buy and sell you at what apple charge us for the sake of CC points
Thanks for offer. I'll ask sometime in November to see what inventory is like in the Apple stores.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:59 pm

Maybe a few weeks before arriving to HK, I suggest you contact an authorised reseller:

http://www.apple.com/hk/en/reseller/index.php

Put in an order for the iphone and when you arrive to HK, you could just pick it up from the reseller.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by theworld
Maybe a few weeks before arriving to HK, I suggest you contact an authorised reseller:

http://www.apple.com/hk/en/reseller/index.php

Put in an order for the iphone and when you arrive to HK, you could just pick it up from the reseller.
Has anyone done this successfully?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.