Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GoSh4rks
Unofficial List of FFPs eligible for e-Channel as of January 21, 2017:

1. oneworld

American Airlines (AA) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum Pro*/Executive Platinum/ConciergeKey
British Airways (BA) - Silver/Gold/Premier
Cathay Pacific/DragonAir (CX/KA) – Green#/Silver/Gold/Diamond
Finnair (AY) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/VIP
Japan Airlines (JL) - Crystal/Sapphire/Diamond/JGC Card/JGC Sapphire/JGC Premier
Malaysia Airlines (MH) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Qantas Airways (QF) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum One*/Chairman’s Lounge
Qatar Airways (QR) - Gold/Platinum*
S7 Airlines (S7) - Silver/Gold/Platinum

2. SkyTeam

Air France/KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (AF/KL) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/Club 2000/Club 2000 Skipper
China Airlines (CI) - Gold/Emerald/Paragon
China Southern Airlines (CZ) – Silver Card/Gold Card
Delta Air Lines (DL) - Silver Medallion!/Gold Medallion!/Platinum Medallion!/Diamond Medallion!
Garuda Indonesia Airlines (GA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Korean Air (KE) - Morning Calm/Morning Calm Premium/Million Miler

3. Star Alliance

Air Canada (AC) - Prestige 25K!/Elite 35K!/Elite 50K*/Elite 75K*/Super Elite 100K!
Air China (CA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Air New Zealand (NZ) - Silver/Gold/Elite
All Nippon Airways (NH) - Bronze/Platinum/Diamond/Super Flyer Club
Asiana Airlines (OZ) - Gold/Diamond/Diamond Plus/Platinum
Ethiopian Airlines (ET) - Silver/Gold
EVA Airways (BR) – Silver/Gold/Diamond
Lufthansa/Swiss International Air Lines (LH/LX)@ - Frequent Traveler/Senator/HON Circle
Singapore Airlines (SQ) – KrisFlyer Gold/PPS/Solitaire PPS
South African Airways (SA)– Gold/Platinum/Lifetime Platinum
Thai Airways (TG)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Turkish Airlines (TK) - Classic Plus/Elite/Elite Plus
United Airlines (UA) - Premier Silver/Premier Gold/Premier 1K/ Global Services

4. Non-alliance

Hainan Airlines/Hong Kong Airlines/Hong Kong Express (HU/HX/UO) - Silver Card/Gold Card/Platinum Card*
Jet Airways (9W)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Philippines Airlines (PR) - Classic#!/Elite/Premier Elite/Million Miler
Royal Brunei Airlines (BI) - Gold Elite
Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS)- Silver/Gold

Key:
  • # - Base level (non-status)
  • * - New levels not included in ID's list but should be qualified.
  • ! - Current name for the status levels
  • @ - Miles & More is also the FFP for Adria/Austrian Airlines/Brussels Airlines/Croatia Airlines/LOT Polish Airlines. They are not included in ID's list but should be qualified.

Note:
  • Please refer to Immigration Department's website for the enrollment eligibility (Select "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors"), as well as the hours and locations of the enrollment offices. As of October 2, 2018, airport hours are North Hall: 7:30a-11:00p and South Hall: 10:00a-6:00p, and Immigration Building, Wan Chai, M-F 8:45a-5p.
  • If your FFP is not included above, assume that you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership. You may be still eligible to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" if 1) you are a visitor using either HKSAR Travel Pass or APEC Business Travel Card with HKG endorsement; 2) you have entered and exited via HKG more than 3 times within last 12 months of the enrollment;
  • If you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors", you may be still eligible to enroll e-Channel Service through a qualified travel document (Australian Passport/German Passport/Singaporean Passport/ROK Passport/Mainland Exit-Entry Permit with qualified endorsements/Macau ID);
  • Kingfisher Airlines (IT) is included in ID's list but excluded above as it has ceased operation.
  • Anecdotal reports suggest a physical (i.e. non-digital) FFP membership card is REQUIRED to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership.
  • Electronic FF cards are accepted.
  • E-Channel renewals/transfers onto a new passport involve taking your old sticker off your expired passport and transferring it to the new passport. New stickers are still issued for first time enrollees.
Print Wikipost

Apply for E-Channel with FF status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I was recently able to get eChannel on my new passport by simply showing my old passport; no FFP card nor any necessity to prove entries. Once you have eChannel it seems you can keep access regardless of paucity of entries or lack of FFP status should that come to pass.
That was my experience as well.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:21 am

Are there any datapoints of folks using a printed copy of their FF card? United doesn't provide physical cards to silvers anymore.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by eeflyer
Are there any datapoints of folks using a printed copy of their FF card? United doesn't provide physical cards to silvers anymore.
My colleague was rejected by the Wanchai people for not having a physical Delta card, but this could have been a one off experience. I have no other data points than this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Both Airport and Wanchai rejected a colleague (last April, 2018) that only had printed Mabuhay Miles card. The inbound airplane ticket even had the same and number as the printed version of the card, but still firmly rejected.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:00 am

Ah, I was afraid of that. Thanks for the datapoints, much appreciated!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: All the programs!
Try calling UA to request a card.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:59 pm

My husband only had a digital Mabuhay Miles card on his phone (no status with any airline). He applied at Wan Chai and was approved (Sep 18), but we had to wait about 10-15 minutes for them to verify his account online. Fortunately, I had my NH *G card on me, so I was approved immediately.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by downinit
My husband only had a digital Mabuhay Miles card on his phone (no status with any airline). He applied at Wan Chai and was approved (Sep 18), but we had to wait about 10-15 minutes for them to verify his account online. Fortunately, I had my NH *G card on me, so I was approved immediately.
So how did you manage to get them to try to confirm it online? Did they offer... or did you have to beg a little? :-)
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
So how did you manage to get them to try to confirm it online? Did they offer... or did you have to beg a little? :-)
The agent was surprisingly easy-going. I just stated that they do not send out physical cards, but she seemed to be quite understanding. I am not sure what was involved in the online verification, but it seems like they are starting to realize that having a physical card is not always possible. I guess it all comes down to the luck of the draw.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Titanium+LTG
I just got approved for HK's eChannel with my UA electronic card (no physical card available). The agent just looked at a list of card photos and found a match. That was sufficient for approval.
abraxis and worldwidedreamer like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
How to find North vs South Hall?

I have lifetime AA Gold and I will arrive HKIA in April so this looks like a worthy effort. My experience arriving is you go to immigration on foot or with the train but it's been the same immigration counter each time.

So from after passing the officer where's the office? Am I in the North or South? I arrive around 4 pm on a weekday on CX so maybe it doesn't matter as they're both likely to be open, is that correct?

Luckily I have a physical card with no expiry date. Other than my own that is.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
So from after passing the officer where's the office? Am I in the North or South? I arrive around 4 pm on a weekday on CX so maybe it doesn't matter as they're both likely to be open, is that correct?
Let me make this simple for you - Forget about North and South. HKG is not that big.

Simply ask the Immigration Officer (Official Title: Immigration Assistant or IA) where the office is. In that case, if you pass the office accidentally, someone may be able to bring you back to the office.

You should be fine with the time.
kaka likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
Let me make this simple for you - Forget about North and South. HKG is not that big.

Simply ask the Immigration Officer (Official Title: Immigration Assistant or IA) where the office is. In that case, if you pass the office accidentally, someone may be able to bring you back to the office.

You should be fine with the time.
I read the newspaper article linked well back and it seems you just look left or right and there's one in each direction before exiting to baggage.

It's not amusing and unhelpful when public buildings refer to their wings by compass directions to people with no point of reference like inside a terminal or a hospital and such. I don't think even looking out a window at HKIA I would know north from south.

I wish I had found this thread a few months ago. I was in HK and staying a short walk from Wan Chai MTR and could have done this then. Well this trip will add e-entrance and e-exit to the next visit which is good.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I read the newspaper article linked well back and it seems you just look left or right and there's one in each direction before exiting to baggage.
If I could get access to the areas, I would have taken pictures to show how. But again - I don't have access to those areas...

It's not amusing and unhelpful when public buildings refer to their wings by compass directions to people with no point of reference like inside a terminal or a hospital and such. I don't think even looking out a window at HKIA I would know north from south.
Hong Kong is somehow infamous for that...

Just at HKG, another bad example of problematic labeling is T1 and T2, as they are not really "terminal" terminals.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:11 am

I wish I had found this thread a few months ago. I was in HK and staying a short walk from Wan Chai MTR and could have done this then. Well this trip will add e-entrance and e-exit to the next visit which is good.
It takes one minute to ask where the office is, and four minutes to get enrolled

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.