Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Apply for E-Channel with FF status

Apply for E-Channel with FF status

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 2, 18, 5:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: garykung
Wiki Link
Unofficial List of FFPs eligible for e-Channel as of January 21, 2017:

1. oneworld

American Airlines (AA) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum Pro*/Executive Platinum/ConciergeKey
British Airways (BA) - Silver/Gold/Premier
Cathay Pacific/DragonAir (CX/KA) – Green#/Silver/Gold/Diamond
Finnair (AY) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/VIP
Japan Airlines (JL) - Crystal/Sapphire/Diamond/JGC Card/JGC Sapphire/JGC Premier
Malaysia Airlines (MH) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Qantas Airways (QF) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum One*/Chairman’s Lounge
Qatar Airways (QR) - Gold/Platinum*
S7 Airlines (S7) - Silver/Gold/Platinum

2. SkyTeam

Air France/KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (AF/KL) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/Club 2000/Club 2000 Skipper
China Airlines (CI) - Gold/Emerald/Paragon
China Southern Airlines (CZ) – Silver Card/Gold Card
Delta Air Lines (DL) - Silver Medallion!/Gold Medallion!/Platinum Medallion!/Diamond Medallion!
Garuda Indonesia Airlines (GA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Korean Air (KE) - Morning Calm/Morning Calm Premium/Million Miler

3. Star Alliance

Air Canada (AC) - Prestige 25K!/Elite 35K!/Elite 50K*/Elite 75K*/Super Elite 100K!
Air China (CA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Air New Zealand (NZ) - Silver/Gold/Elite
All Nippon Airways (NH) - Bronze/Platinum/Diamond/Super Flyer Club
Asiana Airlines (OZ) - Gold/Diamond/Diamond Plus/Platinum
Ethiopian Airlines (ET) - Silver/Gold
EVA Airways (BR) – Silver/Gold/Diamond
Lufthansa/Swiss International Air Lines (LH/LX)@ - Frequent Traveler/Senator/HON Circle
Singapore Airlines (SQ) – KrisFlyer Gold/PPS/Solitaire PPS
South African Airways (SA)– Gold/Platinum/Lifetime Platinum
Thai Airways (TG)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Turkish Airlines (TK) - Classic Plus/Elite/Elite Plus
United Airlines (UA) - Premier Silver/Premier Gold/Premier 1K/ Global Services

4. Non-alliance

Hainan Airlines/Hong Kong Airlines/Hong Kong Express (HU/HX/UO) - Silver Card/Gold Card/Platinum Card*
Jet Airways (9W)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Philippines Airlines (PR) - Classic#!/Elite/Premier Elite/Million Miler
Royal Brunei Airlines (BI) - Gold Elite
Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS)- Silver/Gold

Key:
  • # - Base level (non-status)
  • * - New levels not included in ID's list but should be qualified.
  • ! - Current name for the status levels
  • @ - Miles & More is also the FFP for Adria/Austrian Airlines/Brussels Airlines/Croatia Airlines/LOT Polish Airlines. They are not included in ID's list but should be qualified.

Note:
  • Please refer to Immigration Department's website for the enrollment eligibility (Select "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors"), as well as the hours and locations of the enrollment offices. As of October 2, 2018, airport hours are North Hall: 7:30a-11:00p and South Hall: 10:00a-6:00p, and Immigration Building, Wan Chai, M-F 8:45a-5p.
  • If your FFP is not included above, assume that you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership. You may be still eligible to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" if 1) you are a visitor using either HKSAR Travel Pass or APEC Business Travel Card with HKG endorsement; 2) you have entered and exited via HKG more than 3 times within last 12 months of the enrollment;
  • If you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors", you may be still eligible to enroll e-Channel Service through a qualified travel document (Australian Passport/German Passport/Singaporean Passport/ROK Passport/Mainland Exit-Entry Permit with qualified endorsements/Macau ID);
  • Kingfisher Airlines (IT) is included in ID's list but excluded above as it has ceased operation.
  • Anecdotal reports suggest a physical (i.e. non-digital) FFP membership card is REQUIRED to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 28, 16, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
I applied the other day in two minutes after clearing immigration. Very easy process.

I am flying tomorrow night out of HKG. Can I now use the e-channel on departure even though I did not enter using the e-channel?

Thanks
Old Nov 28, 16, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95 View Post
I am flying tomorrow night out of HKG. Can I now use the e-channel on departure even though I did not enter using the e-channel?
Yes. The registration is all it takes to use the e-channel.
Old Jan 5, 17, 6:02 am

Programs: TK Elite *G, AF/KLM FB Elite+, A|Club Platinum, HH G
Dear All,

Got a few questions about enrollment.

As I looked on the site (http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/..._visitors.html) for the opening hours on the airport offices, it only says the times but no days, can anyone tell me if the airport offices are also open on Sundays?

Second question, I will be arriving on 22nd CX270 from AMS-HKG, will I be arriving in the south or north arrival hall as they have different opening times?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 5, 17, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Originally Posted by davedior View Post
Second question, I will be arriving on 22nd CX270 from AMS-HKG, will I be arriving in the south or north arrival hall as they have different opening times?
I believe it depends on which gate your inbound aircraft uses, which won't be known in advance.
Old Jan 5, 17, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
As I looked on the site (http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/..._visitors.html) for the opening hours on the airport offices, it only says the times but no days, can anyone tell me if the airport offices are also open on Sundays?
The airport office opens everyday by the hours stated in the website.

It is the same arrival hall. Don't let the name trick you.
Old Jan 7, 17, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by garykung View Post
The airport office opens everyday by the hours stated in the website.

It is the same arrival hall. Don't let the name trick you.
and @anabolism, thank you guys for the answers, very helpful! My flight will be planning to arrive at 6:55 AM, so therefore I will try and go to the South one which opens at 7:30 AM.

By looking at the image, I guess the South one is one of the left or right office, do you guys know by any chance?

At least I am glad they are also open on Sunday and no worries about different halls
Old Jan 7, 17, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
South is turn right!

(But they are only ~150m or so apart)
Old Jan 13, 17, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by christep View Post
South is turn right!

(But they are only ~150m or so apart)
Thank you! Very helpful. Will report back !
Old Jan 14, 17, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
The wiki claims that CX Green status qualifies for eChannel, but neither the list posted above nor CX's original press release agree with that.

Is there any evidence for CX Green actually working?

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_P...elease_86.html
Old Jan 14, 17, 11:00 pm

It worked for my mother a few years ago.
Old Jan 20, 17, 3:09 am

Programs: RJ Emerald
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
UPD:Went to the Wanchai office...(just walk straight all the way to the end of the foot bridge)

The Immigration Tower was very busy,but the e-channel registration office on the 7th floor was empty.

The guy looked at the previous resident visa and then I told him it expired...he was surprised.He asked me if I have 3 entries under Visitor's status,I told him that I did not.He asked me if I have any FF card and I took out my expired BA Silver card and valid RJ Platinum....the guy initially accepted the BA card,but then noticed it was expired. We then started looking thru the FF images in the book and ofcourse did not find the RJ card images.
Arrived in HKG and used the south channel (it's on the right),which has much longer opening hours than the north one (I arrived at 7PM). The office was empty and the guy completed the registation within 5 minutes. I just had to look at the camera,provide fingerprints and sign a statement.

No questions asked about the 3 trips requirement (it's my second trip after resident status expiry),or FFP card.
Old Jan 21, 17, 6:19 pm

Update!

The enrollment is very easy, everything worked out perfectly!

After I and my mother went through the long visitor immigration line, I indeed immediately turned right (do not go through the baggage claim doors yet!) and walked to the end hallway, there is a big sign of "E-Channel Enrollment office".

I was there at exactly 7:35 AM or so, and one person was being helped. Waited for like 2 min, then it was my turn. I told the officer that I would like to apply for the channel with my frequent flyer card and showed him my Turkish airlines card. He looked at the card, and said "ok, take a seat". Then the fast process started, taking fingerprints and photo, I needed to check my information on the form (your Airline where you have your FFP from is stated on the form). The officer marked in a booklet my status card and out I went !

Thank you for the information guys, it was helpful to plan it!

Originally Posted by stargold View Post
It worked for my mother a few years ago.
Yes! My mother showed her Cathay green card, and it worked today !
Old Jan 27, 17, 6:26 pm

Starting later this year, all adult travellers with chipped passports will be able to exit Hong Kong at HKIA using automated gates applying facial recognition technology. No registration required. This is for exit only.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/l...launch-foreign
Old Jan 27, 17, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by 889 View Post
Starting later this year, all adult travellers with chipped passports will be able to exit Hong Kong at HKIA using automated gates applying facial recognition technology. No registration required. This is for exit only.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/l...launch-foreign
That is excellent news. Exit immigration at HKG is one of the few things I dislike about that airport.

Multiple times I've picked the wrong exit queue and been stuck behind a family that somehow found something to argue about with the agent.

I wonder if this could be a precursor to allowing low-risk countries to use e-Channel on entry as well, similar to Australia.
Old Jan 27, 17, 10:15 pm

That's already available in HK for Australians, among others. Enrollment required, but no need to meet the FF criteria.

http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/2...1606200356.htm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: