Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GoSh4rks
Unofficial List of FFPs eligible for e-Channel as of January 21, 2017:

1. oneworld

American Airlines (AA) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum Pro*/Executive Platinum/ConciergeKey
British Airways (BA) - Silver/Gold/Premier
Cathay Pacific/DragonAir (CX/KA) – Green#/Silver/Gold/Diamond
Finnair (AY) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/VIP
Japan Airlines (JL) - Crystal/Sapphire/Diamond/JGC Card/JGC Sapphire/JGC Premier
Malaysia Airlines (MH) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Qantas Airways (QF) - Gold/Platinum/Platinum One*/Chairman’s Lounge
Qatar Airways (QR) - Gold/Platinum*
S7 Airlines (S7) - Silver/Gold/Platinum

2. SkyTeam

Air France/KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (AF/KL) - Silver/Gold/Platinum/Club 2000/Club 2000 Skipper
China Airlines (CI) - Gold/Emerald/Paragon
China Southern Airlines (CZ) – Silver Card/Gold Card
Delta Air Lines (DL) - Silver Medallion!/Gold Medallion!/Platinum Medallion!/Diamond Medallion!
Garuda Indonesia Airlines (GA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Korean Air (KE) - Morning Calm/Morning Calm Premium/Million Miler

3. Star Alliance

Air Canada (AC) - Prestige 25K!/Elite 35K!/Elite 50K*/Elite 75K*/Super Elite 100K!
Air China (CA) - Silver/Gold/Platinum
Air New Zealand (NZ) - Silver/Gold/Elite
All Nippon Airways (NH) - Bronze/Platinum/Diamond/Super Flyer Club
Asiana Airlines (OZ) - Gold/Diamond/Diamond Plus/Platinum
Ethiopian Airlines (ET) - Silver/Gold
EVA Airways (BR) – Silver/Gold/Diamond
Lufthansa/Swiss International Air Lines (LH/LX)@ - Frequent Traveler/Senator/HON Circle
Singapore Airlines (SQ) – KrisFlyer Gold/PPS/Solitaire PPS
South African Airways (SA)– Gold/Platinum/Lifetime Platinum
Thai Airways (TG)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Turkish Airlines (TK) - Classic Plus/Elite/Elite Plus
United Airlines (UA) - Premier Silver/Premier Gold/Premier 1K/ Global Services

4. Non-alliance

Hainan Airlines/Hong Kong Airlines/Hong Kong Express (HU/HX/UO) - Silver Card/Gold Card/Platinum Card*
Jet Airways (9W)- Silver/Gold/Platinum
Philippines Airlines (PR) - Classic#!/Elite/Premier Elite/Million Miler
Royal Brunei Airlines (BI) - Gold Elite
Virgin Atlantic Airways (VS)- Silver/Gold

Key:
  • # - Base level (non-status)
  • * - New levels not included in ID's list but should be qualified.
  • ! - Current name for the status levels
  • @ - Miles & More is also the FFP for Adria/Austrian Airlines/Brussels Airlines/Croatia Airlines/LOT Polish Airlines. They are not included in ID's list but should be qualified.

Note:
  • Please refer to Immigration Department's website for the enrollment eligibility (Select "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors"), as well as the hours and locations of the enrollment offices. As of October 2, 2018, airport hours are North Hall: 7:30a-11:00p and South Hall: 10:00a-6:00p, and Immigration Building, Wan Chai, M-F 8:45a-5p.
  • If your FFP is not included above, assume that you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership. You may be still eligible to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" if 1) you are a visitor using either HKSAR Travel Pass or APEC Business Travel Card with HKG endorsement; 2) you have entered and exited via HKG more than 3 times within last 12 months of the enrollment;
  • If you are not qualified to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors", you may be still eligible to enroll e-Channel Service through a qualified travel document (Australian Passport/German Passport/Singaporean Passport/ROK Passport/Mainland Exit-Entry Permit with qualified endorsements/Macau ID);
  • Kingfisher Airlines (IT) is included in ID's list but excluded above as it has ceased operation.
  • Anecdotal reports suggest a physical (i.e. non-digital) FFP membership card is REQUIRED to enroll "e-Channel Service for Frequent Visitors" through your FFP membership.
  • Electronic FF cards are accepted.
  • E-Channel renewals/transfers onto a new passport involve taking your old sticker off your expired passport and transferring it to the new passport. New stickers are still issued for first time enrollees.
Print Wikipost

Apply for E-Channel with FF status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:51 pm

How is HKG immigration on a Tuesday afternoon at 2:00 pm local ?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: All the programs!
I'm AA Platinum and want to use that card to apply. However, I typically fly on UA to HKG. Can I still fly UA and use the e-channel? Does the registration tie into your airline frequent flyer account at all or is airline status just a pre-requisite?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by oopl
Can I still fly UA and use the e-channel?
Yes.

Does the registration tie into your airline frequent flyer account at all or is airline status just a pre-requisite?
Not only pre-requisite, but the sole requirement.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I'm AA Platinum and want to use that card to apply. However, I typically fly on UA to HKG. Can I still fly UA and use the e-channel? Does the registration tie into your airline frequent flyer account at all or is airline status just a pre-requisite?
Once you have a HKIA sticker, you use your passport to get in. No one cares which airline you fly in on.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by anabolism
Once you have a HKIA sticker, you use your passport to get in. No one cares which airline you fly in on.
And, you don't even need to fly in.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Thanks for the responses! Planning another trip to HKG now.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Finally got myself to HKG yesterday,although when I asked the officer who was landing me in about the sign up,he told me it he office was closed (it was around 20:30).

Probably will try the Wanchai office option!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
UPD:Went to the Wanchai office...(just walk straight all the way to the end of the foot bridge)

The Immigration Tower was very busy,but the e-channel registration office on the 7th floor was empty.

The guy looked at the previous resident visa and then I told him it expired...he was surprised.He asked me if I have 3 entries under Visitor's status,I told him that I did not.He asked me if I have any FF card and I took out my expired BA Silver card and valid RJ Platinum....the guy initially accepted the BA card,but then noticed it was expired. We then started looking thru the FF images in the book and ofcourse did not find the RJ card images.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Any confirmation that one airport office is actually opened until 11PM?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll confirm my query.

At 10:25PM there was nobody near the office save the officer inside. In less than 10 minutes we were both processed and on our way. Used the E-channel today which was awesome in the face of sizable (but not huge) lines.

The office to the extreme right of the immi queues and is indeed open 'til 11PM.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'll confirm my query.

At 10:25PM there was nobody near the office save the officer inside. In less than 10 minutes we were both processed and on our way. Used the E-channel today which was awesome in the face of sizable (but not huge) lines.

The office to the extreme right of the immi queues and is indeed open 'til 11PM.
How did you get anyone to pay attention - I've tried 3 times and only found signs saying "closed" and no visible person in sight? I swear I've just about given up despite walking from one end to the other in search of the elusive open office
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by estnet
How did you get anyone to pay attention
He said that there was an officer in the office.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:04 pm

I am not sure if it has been written here, but it should go to the Wiki:
Holders of German, Singaporean, Australian and Korean passports are eligible on reciprocal basis.
http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/..._visitors.html
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by HKtraveller
I am not sure if it has been written here, but it should go to the Wiki:
Holders of German, Singaporean, Australian and Korean passports are eligible on reciprocal basis.
http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/..._visitors.html
Done.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estnet
How did you get anyone to pay attention - I've tried 3 times and only found signs saying "closed" and no visible person in sight? I swear I've just about given up despite walking from one end to the other in search of the elusive open office
If the office is 'closed' then there's little recourse. What I gathered from the link in the wiki is the office to the left of immi is open morning to afternoon and to the right of immi afternoon til late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.