Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Need Good Hotel Day Rate in HKG (not airport)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem Exec, AA Gold-for-Life

Want to stop over in HKG at a hotel during a 12 hour layover. But, do not want hotel near airport. Will take Airport Express into city. Anyone have any suggestions for a hotel with a decent day rate? Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by kenstee
Want to stop over in HKG at a hotel during a 12 hour layover. But, do not want hotel near airport. Will take Airport Express into city. Anyone have any suggestions for a hotel with a decent day rate? Thanks.
This really isn't the forum for that, but to quickly answer you, when you exit customs you will see "Hotels Service Desk" or something like that BEFORE you hit out to the arrival, they usually have rates for most major hotels in Hong Kong, and in my opinion good last minute rates. I used it a couple of times.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:57 am

Programs: Asia Miles
What time are you going to arrive at HK? If you arrive at the morning or afternoon i'd rather you just leave your stuff in the airport lockers or check them in and then go around HK to eat, shop, sightseeing etc. if you are arrive at night, dont bother with my idea.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hdsfs
What time are you going to arrive at HK? If you arrive at the morning or afternoon i'd rather you just leave your stuff in the airport lockers or check them in and then go around HK to eat, shop, sightseeing etc. if you are arrive at night, dont bother with my idea.
Arrive 7:30am depart around 7pm. We'd like to do as you suggest. But, was thinking about a rainy day back-up plan just in case.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
This really isn't the forum for that, but to quickly answer you, when you exit customs you will see "Hotels Service Desk" or something like that BEFORE you hit out to the arrival, they usually have rates for most major hotels in Hong Kong, and in my opinion good last minute rates. I used it a couple of times.
Thanks. Couldn't think of right forum for this so I thought some HKG "experts" might be here. Didn't intend to violate the prime directive.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:50 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Plenty of threads @ http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-kong-436/
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:12 am

Programs: Asia Miles
Originally Posted by kenstee
Arrive 7:30am depart around 7pm. We'd like to do as you suggest. But, was thinking about a rainy day back-up plan just in case.
Oh right, i see, but if its not raining go outside for some good breakfast at some local restaruants then go walking and have a good lunch, go do some shopping in Tsim Sha Tsui and be at the airport around 5:30pm,The airport express is very convienient, it only takes 24 mins to city
Old Jun 24, 2010, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Moving this thread to Hong Kong forum.

Thank you

Guy Betsy
Cathay Pacific Asiamiles forum moderator
Old Jun 24, 2010, 2:03 pm

I'm not familiar with hotels that offer a 'day rate', unless it's one of those seedy love hotel places...and yu don't have as much time as you think.

I would either check my bags through or store them at airport (turn right, go to end of main terminal for luggage storage facility). Then get R/T express train into either Kowloon and/or HK for good dim sum breakfast, visit to peak, ferry ride, and whatever else excites you, then jump back into airport express by 5:30 to retrieve backs/check back in.

If it rains, jump back to express train to airport and go window shopping at the terminal.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by dtsm
I'm not familiar with hotels that offer a 'day rate', unless it's one of those seedy love hotel places...and yu don't have as much time as you think.
+1

Checkin at hotel around 8 or 8:30am til about 4pm is more like a full night rate instead of day rate, as it is somthing like a full night rate with late check out.

Day rate is more like for someone stay for 5 hours or so. Besides, usually only airport properties would offer a day rate as there are people with long layovers. Other local properties would just treat it as someone has late checkin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.