Reload this Page >

Plaza Premium Lounge

Plaza Premium Lounge

Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, MilesandSmiles Elite, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Plaza Premium Lounge

Hi All,

OT I know, but has anyone tried the new Plaza Premium Lounge @ Terminal 1 near gate 1 in HKG?

I believe it opened a week or so back?

I am departing HKG on 9th Feb with EK... I was wondering if it is worth visiting this lounge to have a look around before I head up to the EK lounge?

Cheers,

Chris.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
I could only recall passing by the CI lounge when going to the J side of the Wing...? When did this lounge open?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold, CI Gold, BMI Gold
My friend was there 2 weeks ago and he says its well worth the money they charge and better than a lot of other airline lounges he uses

Last edited by ivornotimeforplanespotters; Jan 21, 2010 at 8:16 pm
Old Jan 21, 2010, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, MilesandSmiles Elite, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kchika
I could only recall passing by the CI lounge when going to the J side of the Wing...? When did this lounge open?
I think it opened on Jan 10th...
Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I've found the following from oneworld's official website for oneworld lounges at HKG:

Plaza Premium Lounge

Access for eligible customers traveling on these oneworld member airlines only.
There are two Plaza Premium Lounge locations. East Hall, near Gate 1 and West Hall near Gate 40.
Access: Business Class / First Class / Sapphire Tier / Emerald Tier

Does this mean that based our OW status or class of travel, we could access the two 24 hour open plaza premium lounge? I miss their fish ball noodle soup since I've lost my PP membership.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I've found the following from oneworld's official website for oneworld lounges at HKG:

Plaza Premium Lounge

Access for eligible customers traveling on these oneworld member airlines only.
There are two Plaza Premium Lounge locations. East Hall, near Gate 1 and West Hall near Gate 40.
Access: Business Class / First Class / Sapphire Tier / Emerald Tier

Does this mean that based our OW status or class of travel, we could access the two 24 hour open plaza premium lounge? I miss their fish ball noodle soup since I've lost my PP membership.

It's only for passengers on AA, AY, MH, QR, RJ, S7 and UL.

If you are a one member Sapphire member or above (MPC Gold or above) or if you are flying on business class on those above flights, you are eligible to enter the Plaza Premium Lounge. Of course, you can still access to the CX/QF lounges.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
What does this have to do with CX?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
This is unrelated to CX. I am moving the thread to the HKG forum.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:08 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

A 10 year old thread got revised. Since I visited the Plaza Premium Lounge a few weeks ago, I can say it's not so new now. I was actually a bit disappointed since it was very crowded, the food selection was small, and they charge for liquor.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
A 10 year old thread got revised. Since I visited the Plaza Premium Lounge a few weeks ago, I can say it's not so new now. I was actually a bit disappointed since it was very crowded, the food selection was small, and they charge for liquor.
They only charge you for liqueur if you access the lounge via credit card schemes/ Priority Pass....which in my opinion is fair when PP charges you around 29$. If you fly in J/F or are an airline elite, they would mark your BP with "Alcoholic drinks for airline invited guests" stamp.

The lounge @gate 1 does get busy, but they have opened a new one very close to the old one to lift some pressure off the old lounge. It's pretty nice too.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
They only charge you for liqueur if you access the lounge via credit card schemes/ Priority Pass....which in my opinion is fair when PP charges you around 29$.
I don't even know PPL charges extra for liquors.

Again - I don't drink often and I get free booze from other lounges anyway.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
They only charge you for liqueur if you access the lounge via credit card schemes/ Priority Pass....which in my opinion is fair when PP charges you around 29$. If you fly in J/F or are an airline elite, they would mark your BP with "Alcoholic drinks for airline invited guests" stamp.

The lounge @gate 1 does get busy, but they have opened a new one very close to the old one to lift some pressure off the old lounge. It's pretty nice too.
The bartender didn't even ask to see my boarding pass. I asked for a rum and coke and she told me how much it cost, which took me by surprise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.