Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Pattaya {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by ZFW-ATC
I believe that the last time I checked availability, which was about one week out, they were still selling alll room types. Yes, normally they are close to sold out in January, but this time I was even able to get the KOS on sale. Not sure what is happening with their popularity..

Eric
Chinese New Year?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
I have stayed at this hotel a few times now. It is an excellent hotel with very good location. Upgraded room each time.

I'd love to stay there again but finding the room rates a little too expensive at THB6,500-7,000/night. Very little in the way of discounts even when the sales are on unless I am looking at the wrong time.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Anybody knows if they provide Diamond benefits for (non-Hilton) OTA bookings?
I found prepaid rates 40% lower than theirs on another website.
They don't want to match the rate and doing a BRG is tricky as I might end up with their higher rates...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Anyone stay here recently? Wondering how they treat diamonds and if its worth the room rate. Seems like Pattaya has a lot of hotel choices, but I prefer to stay where I have status if its of good value.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
Anyone stay here recently? Wondering how they treat diamonds and if its worth the room rate. Seems like Pattaya has a lot of hotel choices, but I prefer to stay where I have status if its of good value.
I think it's way overpriced for what it is. At certain times, the rates approach those of the Waldorf Astoria in Bangkok. Rooms are nothing special and executive lounge can be chaotic. The only thing going for it in my opinion is its location. But Beach Rd is meh and the location isn't important apart from those that go to Walking Street every night...

And since Pattaya is relatively spread out, you might as well rent a car and have more options in where to stay. There are only a handful of the big Western hotel brands in Pattaya (Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, Pullman, Movenpick, Mercure) and they mostly correspondingly overcharge for the lack of competition. From my experience, Bangkok is much better in value and quality of the non-local hotels.

Pattaya has a ton of hotels and rentals to choose from. Even if you like the Hilton's view, the apartment rental right beside it goes for 1/3 of the price with similar views although the rooms are a step down.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:04 am

Lots of decent hotel choices in Pattaya, but I always stay at the Holiday Inn. Now with Terminal 21 open HI is a really is a good deal at $85 - $90 a night. Hilton runs a lot more than that. If you grab the IHG cc you are instantly a Platinum.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
I have stayed here many times, but the price these days is not worth it. Yes, the EL is good if you have diamond status, but there's plenty of cheap food and drink offered within walking distance.

I never like to spend my time in EL's in Thailand. Maybe an occasional beer if I am waiting for the wife to get ready. I find it odd when I see families trying to conjure up an evening meal from whatever free food is on offer, when you can walk s few yards outside and get some great food for a few pounds.
Global321 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I stayed here in Jan as a mere Gold and got an excellent upgrade to a sea view balcony room, exec lounge benefits and special handwritten thanks (maybe for all rooms?) from the rooftop bar. The rates at the time were reasonable.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:03 pm

As a diamond should I book a seaview room which is the cheapest or does it make sense to pay a bit more like $30 for the ocean view? I could probably also do Executive sea view and my resort credit will cover most of it. Will buying the more expensive room give me a better chance at upgrade? Is there a big difference between the sea view and ocean view rooms that make it worthwhile? This would be a one night stay in April.

Last edited by Red259; Mar 31, 2019 at 1:16 pm
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
Lots of decent hotel choices in Pattaya, but I always stay at the Holiday Inn. Now with Terminal 21 open HI is a really is a good deal at $85 - $90 a night. Hilton runs a lot more than that. If you grab the IHG cc you are instantly a Platinum.
Thanks I went with the holiday inn for the first two nights and got 10% off with ebates. The final night I am going with Hilton because I have an aspire card resort credit that will cover the room cost.
Global321 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Is there a big difference between the sea view and ocean view rooms that make it worthwhile?
I thought Seaview and Oceanview meant the same thing?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I thought Seaview and Oceanview meant the same thing?
No they are different categories of room with different pricing. Maybe seaview is side rooms and rooms looking north while oceanview are rooms looking straight or south with unobstructed views of the water? No idea its not really clear.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: None
Hello all,

If you dine at the Hilton Pattaya, does the Amex Aspire trigger resort credits?

Couldn't find any data points for this.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 1, 2019, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by StealyMan
Hello all,

If you dine at the Hilton Pattaya, does the Amex Aspire trigger resort credits?

Couldn't find any data points for this.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Don't know. You could stop by and just buy a drink or something to see if it triggers the credit. I would think there is a good chance that it would.
StealyMan likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:28 pm

Stayed at this property as a diamond. Used my resort credit for this stay was upgraded to a suite and one of the largest rooms in the hotel. The lounge, hotel room and staff was excellent. No regrets staying here at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.