Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

If I book 2 rooms and pay for both will I get points for both??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If I book 2 rooms and pay for both will I get points for both??

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2002, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

credit for two or more rooms at the same time?

I'm a little hazy on this. What are the rules/procedures if I'm booking & paying for more than one room. Will they let you receive credit and or points for more than one?
Old May 11, 2002, 8:18 am

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
When I book a couple of rooms for my family, I have never had any problem getting the credit for both rooms as long as I paid for it.

When I book weekend trips for my daughter's softball team, I always ask for the salesperson and explain that I want 10 rooms, we will pay for them on ONE card and that I want the points.

On weekends, business slows down for many hotel chains and they will accomodate.... Plus the softball team enjoys access to the concierge floor and benefits which comes with my status.

Before I started talking with the sales manager it was always hit or miss on whether I got my points or not. Now if anything goes wrong I just refer to the sales manager by name and state it was part of the deal.

------------------
AA member since 1981
Old May 11, 2002, 11:55 am

Officiallly:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
You may earn Base point credit for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base point credit will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. Bonuses issued on Base points or total folio charges, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on member tier) and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned or folio charges incurred for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including HHonors partner bonus points and other promotional bonuses, bonus points will be awarded on one room only. You will receive only one stay credit (including credit toward HHonors VIP tiers), and only one mileage credit will be earned. </font>
Unofficially, I've had four rooms credited to my account by paying for all off them and politely asking the front desk manager for credit.

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old May 12, 2002, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
I stayed at Embassy Suites in California last year for a month but also had a one night stay at the Vancouver, BC Hilton for just one night at the same time (I took a weekend trip while on business in California). They only crdited the one night and not the one month because it happened during the same period. I had to call to get the credit for almost $4K in charges which was not going to credit automatically. It was well worth the call since I got a bunch of bonuses that I had no idea even existed 10K for something plus Gold Bonus plus some other bonus (Must have had some kind of promotion last year - Thank God for double dipping since I probably would have taken the Airline miles and missed out on 50K in HHonors points).
Old May 12, 2002, 2:52 pm

I should have known this. I booked and payed 2 rooms at Hilton Strassbourg but got only points for one room. Would I have gotten also the "double-dib" 500 SkyMiles?
Old May 12, 2002, 3:13 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by USAFAN:
I should have known this. I booked and payed 2 rooms at Hilton Strassbourg but got only points for one room. Would I have gotten also the "double-dib" 500 SkyMiles?</font>
No only one mile bonus.
However all is not lost if you paid for the two rooms call HHonors speak to them about it, you may find a CSR who is sympathetic
get their name and send a fax of the folios to their attention (immediately if you can)
I did the above and got credit for both roooms.
Mike
Old Jun 13, 2002, 7:59 pm

Question re: credit for two rooms

I know that one can claim points for two rooms if both rooms are on the same folio.

Once I reserved two rooms at a Hilton hotel. I stayed five days and my friends stayed only three days. When they checked out, their account was transferred to my folio. I paid for both rooms and got points for both rooms.

This time, I again reserved two rooms in my name. However, I need to check out two days before my friends. Will I still be able to claim points for both rooms, including my friends' days after I've checked out?

Thanks in advance for any answers and/or advice.
Old Jun 14, 2002, 9:00 am

As long as you pay for both rooms, I don't see why you would not receive points on both. When you check out you could pay in advance for both rooms. I have never tried this, but I don't see why it could not be done.

relaxedPax
Old Jun 15, 2002, 12:55 pm

In this scenario, the one who pays only earns stay credit for one of the rooms, right?
Old Jun 15, 2002, 1:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Scotch:
only earns stay credit for one of the rooms, right?</font>
That's correct: one stay credit. Also, only one airline mileage credit and only one car rental partner bonus. HH points are credited based on folio charges for both rooms, and elite level bonuses are issued for the total on both rooms.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 7:08 pm

Booking two rooms on same HH account?

Is it correct that you could book two separate rooms for the same night and pay for both and count each as a separate stay ? If I stay in one room and a family member stays in the second room, I would get credit for two separate stays for the same one night?
Old Sep 4, 2002, 7:10 pm

It would get counted as only one stay. You can get points for upto two rooms.
Old Sep 5, 2002, 1:11 am

I will confirm the past post as I purchased a separate room for my parents on a 1 night stay I ogt my hh points for th epurchse but no stay or day credit.
Old Sep 5, 2002, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
I was staying in Irvine Embassy Suites last year for one month and went to Vancouver for the weekend at the same time. They did not automatically credit both stays even though I was at both hotels at the same time. I had to call to get it credited.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 8:12 am

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Thumbs down Two rooms posting problems

I am just getting sick of dealing with this issue. I regularly have another person travel with me. She gets her own room; I get mine. I always make the reservation through the HHonors website. I pay for both with my credit card. Both rooms get billed to the same folio. And EVERY time, only one room posts. The result? After EVERY stay I have to call the Diamond Desk and get them to fix it.

I called in today about a stay in FLL where the exact same thing that always happens. I was told that my account had been flagged because I was calling too much about this issue. The only was they would credit me the points I had earned (according to the terms of the program) was if I faxed the folios.

Now if I were making a special request, I could deal with jumping through hoops, but this is nuts. EVERY TIME!!!!! The thought that I have to fax my folios every time when in the past they could clearly see that the error was on their end is ridiculous.

I have had 50 stays so far this year. I am ready to take the $80,000 I have spent so far and take it to the darned Holiday Inn at this point.

Diamond desk my foot!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.