Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Diamond @ Hilton Hotel: breakfast for 4?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1P - Hilton Diamond

If I am a Diamond member and stay at a Hilton with my wife and 2 kids, will we all be allowed to use the Executive Lounge for breakfast?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
I have on numerous occasions with my family of 4. YMMV
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by malap
If I am a Diamond member and stay at a Hilton with my wife and 2 kids, will we all be allowed to use the Executive Lounge for breakfast?
Of course.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Of course.

Why "of course"? I remember something like "you and one guest" (which is reasonable).
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Why "of course"? I remember something like "you and one guest" (which is reasonable).
I was also the opinion that "the member and one guest"
Old Sep 4, 2009, 12:14 am

I'm not Diamond, but stayed on executive floors and different places enforce differently. Most of the time you won't have problems though.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 1:52 am

Programs: Amex Plat UK, BA, Diamond HHonors
Hi

I am Diamond HHonors and throughout the UK and Europe i have never had a problem with comped breakfast from myself and wife and 2 kids (plus baby)!

Maybe its our well rehearsed "i want something for free" smiles?

Old Sep 4, 2009, 6:46 am

Programs: AA 1MM; Hilton Diamond
I've never had trouble with taking the whole family into the lounge for breakfast. My understanding is that the "member and one guest" applies to free breakfast in the resturant if the hotel does not have a lounge. Even then, I've been comped breakfast for the three of us most times, even in NYC.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 7:00 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Like SuperSnoop, I really see it as two separate senarios:

1) Executive Lounge Access - Whether you're Diamond or on the Executive Floor, I would expect your entire party to be able to get in to the Executive Lounge, almost without exception.

2) Breakfast Vouchers - If you're at a hotel like a HGI or one where the Executive Lounge is closed on weekends and you're getting breakfast vouchers, I think this is much more YMMV. So far, I'm 100% at getting four when I'm with my family, but I won't be surprised or disappointed if I'm only given two per night. I know I'm only due two, so I'm never demanding. I just ask when I check in if I'll get breakfast vouchers for all four of us.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:27 am

Here is the "official" position. Of course YMMV

You will be upgraded to an Executive Floor room (where/when available) at time of check-in. If an Executive Floor room is unavailable, you will be upgraded to the next best available room from the room type booked. Upgrades exclude suites, villas and specialty accommodations.

At hotels with Executive Floor lounges, if an Executive Floor room upgrade is available, you will also receive access to the lounge. In addition, you will receive complimentary Continental breakfast for you and up to one additional registered hotel guest each day of your stay.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:28 am

You may get a more accurate response if you name the hotel.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

FWIW - I've always gotten breakfast (including at Waikoloa) for the following:

1. Family of 3 sharing 1 room.
2. Bringing both sets of Grandparents and us (9 people) - spread among 3 separate rooms (my wife and I being the only Diamonds, others having no status - hotels have always been good about handing me certs for the grandparents OR giving them lounge access).

YMMV

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Sep 4, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
I just had this same question before staying at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. I emailed the hotel using the address on its website. Within hours the General Manager sent me a response, which was that all 4 of us would receive an "enhanced" continental breakfast in the Diamond Lounge. I'm not sure that all hotels are this responsive, but you should try emailing your hotel and finding out.

BTW, another benefit of emailing the hotel is that you get an answer to print-out and bring with you in case any confusion arises. In the past I have phoned the hotel to ask about breakfast, only to find out that the person who spoke with me gave me incorrect information.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
I have never had an issue by asking nicely.

Earlier this week at the Carrillon Hilton they nicely upgraded me to the exec floor, I asked if there was space for my clueless co-worker, they said sure a Queen room, he said he would rather stay in his King room on a regular floor .
So I nicely asked if I could have breakfast coupons, instead of lounge (so I could eat with my co-worker), and they said no problem they would give his key exec lounge access.

Also, good luck with getting free breakfast for all at HGI's.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I think you remembered incorrectly. When i go somewhere with my two kids, i do not expect hilton to tell me my 6 year old will be denied access to the Executive lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.