Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund {CHN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund {CHN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Drigger
That hotel looks sunning. Im happy to stay there for one night in December. Lucky me I made the Diamond status already.
Just wondering if the WA SH provides an Executive lounge with complimentary snacks?
There is no EL at this hotel. I was provided the drink of my choice at the Long Bar.
Drigger likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Oh my WA, what are you thinking?

Cleaners in three of Shanghai's swankiest hotels were found to be using the same dirty rag or sponge to clean the toilet, sink, and cups
https://shanghai.ist/2018/11/15/more...7-in-shanghai/

Globalist

Last edited by Globalist; Nov 15, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:20 pm

With the Diamonds who have visited this property and received upgrades, did you book directly with Hilton or through 3rd party? When I checked in late last night, I'm getting mixed signals from the front desk - got upgraded from a double queen with no view to city view but when I inquired about breakfast, that was declined as I booked through Amex Travel. Will have another attempt with the front desk in the morning.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Have always booked direct with hilton and always had breakfast included. Always been upgraded to riverview rooms or sometomes to suites Report back on your second effort. We are staying here in feb on free weekend night stays so interested in what you find out b
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:18 pm

Second attempt - no dice.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:25 pm

Thanks for reporting back. Did they tell you it was due to rate or booking channel Or give any reason?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:46 am

Blamed both the channel and rate. Oh well.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:30 pm

Thanks for the info..we will see what the free weekend stays provide for our stay in feb..
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by mini2
Blamed both the channel and rate. Oh well.
Was it booked via FHR?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Visconti
Was it booked via FHR?
Breakfast would be included with FHR even if you book the prepaid option. However, it's a bit unclear if you would get other Diamond benefits like upgrades if you book FHR.

AMEX Travel is considered OTA so no benefits
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
Breakfast would be included with FHR even if you book the prepaid option. However, it's a bit unclear if you would get other Diamond benefits like upgrades if you book FHR.

AMEX Travel is considered OTA so no benefits
Before MAR's takeover, SPG booked via FHR had qualified for full SPG night credit & elite benefits, along with whatever associated benefits from FHR. Will test this out next year, and see what happens.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:39 pm

Does Hilton only open standard room availability for later dates at a certain time? All of September through the remainder of the calendar, all the standard rooms are blocked off. I want to use my free night! I thought September would open up on March 1st but it did not.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by mcs26891
Does Hilton only open standard room availability for later dates at a certain time? All of September through the remainder of the calendar, all the standard rooms are blocked off. I want to use my free night! I thought September would open up on March 1st but it did not.
Call hilton and tell them to call the hotel to knock it off. You'll probably get a room in 24 hours if they are playing games.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I just booked my free night with WA for the first weekend in September.
Anyone been there lately? Would like to see some reviews.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
On my Hilton App, I can't find the floor plan for my upcoming stay at WA shanghai.
Is there anything wrong with my App? will the floor plan not show up until check-in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.