FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   You lose your Breakfast if upgraded to Exec Floor ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/967835-you-lose-your-breakfast-if-upgraded-exec-floor.html)

mario33 Jun 23, 2009 10:12 am

You lose your Breakfast if upgraded to Exec Floor ?

I recently booked a rate with breakfast included (at the main restaurant since its a standard room). When I checked-in I was upgraded to the Exec Floor, however I was told I could not have breakfast in the main restaurant since Exec Floor guests can only have breakfast in the lounge. After much "negotiation" they made an exception for me, but made it very clear it was a one time exception :td:

Now, if I have already paid for breakfast in the main restaurant I dont see how they could take that benefit away from me eventhough they upgraded me to the Exec Floor. If I have booked a rate which included dinner, can they also take that away when upgraded since evening cocktail is available in the lounge :confused:

Oh, the hotel is in Thailand ....

MisterNice Jun 23, 2009 10:34 am

The FD must of goofed. If you booked a reservation that included breakfast you get it. Being upgraded you can eat it in the lounge or the restaurant or both. Have the FD review your reservation and confirm you wont be charged. FWIW I often do this.

MisterNice

mcgahat Jun 23, 2009 11:01 am

Originally Posted by MisterNice (Post 11955389)
The FD must of goofed. If you booked a reservation that included breakfast you get it. Being upgraded you can eat it in the lounge or the restaurant or both. Have the FD review your reservation and confirm you wont be charged. FWIW I often do this.

MisterNice

Yep, I often do this as well and the front desk did goof. They just got confused with a normal situation in which the rate did not include breakfast.

dingo Jun 23, 2009 6:53 pm

Oh, I thought the tread title meant I had to throw up if I was upgraded to the exec floor. Thank goodness that is not the case.

troyintn Jun 23, 2009 7:41 pm

I agree the FD goofed, by not looking at what was booked. I know the Hilton SF, gives golds certificates and no lounge access period. As a Diamond you are given lounge access and no certs. If you book a breakfast rate they often will not give you the cert, assuming it is wrong.

kynd Jun 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Which hotel is this ?

mario33 Jun 23, 2009 9:51 pm

I explained to her that my original rate already included breakfast but she insisted its the hotel's policy that guests on the Exec Floor to have breakfast in the lounge. She called her manager/supervisor who gave "approval" for the breakfast downstairs but "for this time only".

Not sure whether she eventually got my point, but I proposed that they downgrade me back to my standard room (where I could have a nice breakfast) and I opt for free inroom internet as my HHonors Gold benefit. I am not much of an alcohol guy, so that would probably work out better for me !

On hindsight, they might also be "technically" correct since my original rate does not actually state the venue for my breakfast (though logically its the main restaurant). So if you want access to the lounge, you give up your right to the main buffet downstairs !

The hotel was Conrad Bangkok.

mileageking Jun 23, 2009 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by mario33 (Post 11958980)
The hotel was Conrad Bangkok.

As others have stated, the front desk definitely goofed. I have Diamond status and have stayed at this property several times and there is absolutely no reason why they should deny you having breakfast on the 2nd floor restaurant.

cheers.

Fredd Jun 23, 2009 11:11 pm

Cute thread title. As the spouse of a Diamond member, I'd be more likely to lose my breakfast if we weren't upgraded to the Executive Floor.

Apologies for bringing this up. ;)

kynd Jun 24, 2009 12:49 am

Is this the 2-for-1 offer? I have an upcoming stay there. Conrad Bkk used to allow Gold/Diamond to have breakfast at Level 2 but now breakfast is restricted to the lounge. I will insist on the buffet breakfast AND room upgrade.

mario33 Jun 24, 2009 1:13 am

Originally Posted by kynd (Post 11959564)
Is this the 2-for-1 offer? I have an upcoming stay there. Conrad Bkk used to allow Gold/Diamond to have breakfast at Level 2 but now breakfast is restricted to the lounge. I will insist on the buffet breakfast AND room upgrade.

Yes, the 2-for-1 rate includes breakfast.

I dont think you can insist on the upgrade if theres no more exec room /suite(occupancy has been quite high lately); but if your rate already includes breakfast, the question really is whether they can deny you the 2nd floor breakfast since the rate plan doesnt actually state the venue for breakfast ..

Jaimito Cartero Jun 24, 2009 1:17 am

Unless they've changed them in the last year or so, I still find the Conrad beds to be some of the worst I've slept in.

mario33 Jun 24, 2009 1:20 am

... nope, still as hard as a rock; otherwise a very nice hotel.

The beds at the Plaza Athenee (Royal Meridien) next door (almost) are much better.

kahuna1993 Jul 24, 2009 10:53 am

Just stayed on "2 for 1"booking in Hilton Vienna from July 18- 21 and was upgraded to exec. room as HHdiamond with access to lounge .Opted for the fantastic breakfastbuffet in the restaurant as this was included in my prepaid rate and a far better deal than the breakfast in the lounge which was rather overcrowded in hte mornings by paying exec -and suite guests . Had no problems at all and just was asked my roomnumber each time we went for breakfast in the restaurant downstairs . The choice between breakfast in the lounge or the restaurant was entirely ours and this was confirmed by staff in the lounge :If you paid for the breakfastbuffet which is normally larger than the lounge breakfast , you have the right choose .