Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Liverpool City Centre {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Liverpool City Centre {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 1:16 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by RedVee
Had a one night mid week stay here last week. Was (space available) upgraded to exec room on the 7th floor. Some of the room design feels very familiar - e.g the doors and bathrooms are almost identical to the Hilton Deansgate and very like the new Hilton in Reading.

Exec lounge is good, very well tended to by a good member of staff and not just during the hours when the alcohol is out. Reasonable selection of small bites and was also offered "mini fish and chips" - about five chips stacked with a finger sized piece of fish on the top. Colour laser printer but only one PC.

Ate breakfast in the restaurant rather than the lounge which was OK - standard Hilton Breakfast - nothing more, nothing less.

Room was comfortable and had a partial view of the Albert Dock - although I was on the side that overlooks the bus station. The other side has a better view across Chavasse Park towards the shops and restaurants. Lots and lots of places to eat in the vicinity, and the Echo Arena is just across The Strand. Parking in the underground Q park (Liverpool One) was £9 from 4.30 p.m. to mid day the next day.

Overall very satisified and would definately go back.

Regards
RedV
Just stayed using last years diamond points change compensation cert.

Echo everything above. Upgraded to exec floor with views over the docks. Rooms on the other side, according to the fire exit floor plan all appear to be larger suites.

Staff very nice, both in the lounge and downstairs. Lounge food OK. Not as good as Deansgate, but better than Newcastle. Alcohol freeflowing, with no apparent stop time. Lounge open till 11pm

Parking at the Q park almost caught us out as the entrance is in the middle of the main road and did not feature on the sat nav. No info on parking on the Liverpool Hilton website. Q park is a very very large underground carpark that was fairly full when we arrived on the saturday. Car looked very very lonely on the sunday morning Reception give you a ticket to discount the parking to £9.

Most of the decent restaurants at Liverpool one were fully booked on the saturday night.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:48 pm

Agree but disagree

just stayed here and overall great - brand new, modern , fantastically located next to tourist central albert dock and excellent shopping and town centre.
If you leave the parking (stay in the Outside lane for parking and park on 3rd level and head right on leaving car) before 9am its 6gbp.
As gold was put on exec floor, great room, but exec lounge was poor, got there at 730pm and (supposedly free till 8pm) bar was locked and lounge attendee nowhere to be seen. Breakfast here was average, only scrambled egg and bacon was hot and everything else including coffeee from machine was self serve.
Gotta love the sexy scouse accent on the receptionists though..
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and AA Concierge Key
Pleased with Hilton Liverpool

I have had about 25 nights at the hotel this year, and I suppose it's time for me to post a review.

There is a lot to like about the Hilton Liverpool.

First and foremost, it is excellently located in the Liverpool One area as many other posters have noted. Lots of shops, pubs, and restaurants, as well as a movie cinema are steps away. Across the street is the Albert Dock and everything over there, as well as plenty of running paths for joggers.

The rooms are the Hilton are nice and feel brand new. The fixtures in the bathroom and in general are good. Rooms are fairly spacious. There isn't much difference between a standard and executive room, so unless you are getting a suite I would just take the regular room. Another poster complained about water pressure and I had that issue the first few stays. However I think it was been resolved as the pressure is fine now. The fitness room has lots of cardio machines and weights. The check-in staff is friendly and I never have had to wait more than a few minutes.

Food in general is just average. There is a fair amount of room service options, but the quality isn't anything to get excited about. The breakfast buffet has lots of options and is the standard Hilton breakfast. At £10 it is worth it.

The design of the hotel is pretty cool. There are great views of the city from most of the rooms, particularly on the higher floors. It you are low and face the SouthEast though, you are looking at a bus depot. The lobby and lounge areas are honestly a bit too stylish for Liverpool and perhaps would be better suited for a W. The hotel restaurant though is uninspired.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for visitors to Liverpool
Old Aug 27, 2010, 4:25 am

Hey

Does anyone know what time alcohol is served in the lounge - is it the normal 5 -8 ish?

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2010, 6:51 am
cjd

Originally Posted by feeona123
Hey

Does anyone know what time alcohol is served in the lounge - is it the normal 5 -8 ish?

Thanks
Was there in May - think it was 6 - 8pm, which always seems very short time. Nice hotel in great location. Got upgraded to Exec room. Discount given at convenient very spacious car park which is part of the new Liverpool One development. Just a short walk to the car park across the terrace alongside the hotel.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Might try Liverpool in November - its either there or Budapest

Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:04 am

Liverpool Hilton - Right to be annoyed?

Hello,

Is this normal practice at Hilton hotels in the UK? I had booked in two nights at the Hilton Liverpool but on night before I was due to check out, I wanted to extend my stay another night. I spoke to someone in the Executive lounge who after checking the system confirmed that this was possible and it was ok for me stay in my current room.

However I tried to use my room at lunchtime was I was told that there was a mistake and told that the hotel was full and I had to check out. I am right to very annoyed at this? I knew there was availability in the hotel the night before as it was possible to book a room through my corporate system. I only used their staff as I wanted to stay in the same room.

Regards

Prajesh
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:25 am

What is your HHonors status? What do you mean when you say you tried to use your room at lunchtime? Too much info left out of your post to be able to determine who's right/wrong.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Asking if your room is available for another night is different from actually booking it the next night. If they never extended your stay in the system then they probably sold the room.

Did they re-program your room key card? If not, then you probably weren't booked for the next night. When you check in the first time the key card is programmed to give you access to the room until noon (or whatever checkout time is) on the day you are scheduled to leave. Even if your reservation is updated in the computer they would still need to reswipe your key card to program access until noon the "new" check-out day. I run into this issue when I'm a "stay over" (i.e. booked Wed and Thrus separately since it's cheaper that way).

If your key was re-programmed in exec lounge I would lean toward the hotel being "wrong." But since your key didn't open the door, I'm guessing it wasn't re-programmed and that when you talked to the person on the exec level you both misunderstood what the other was communicating. In that case you were both equally at fault.

In future, ask for an updated signature card. When you check in there is a paper they print out which has your room rate and check-in/check-out dates on it (along with the legal-ese about your responsibilities). Ask for a fresh one to be printed with the updated info. Once you've signed that you can be better assured that the room is indeed yours. And, of course, always ask for the room key to be re-programmed to avoid the long elevator ride of shame and inconvenience.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:52 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Regarding the alcohol, can someone please confirm.

I know that some lounges open up there spirit cupboards between 5-8pm (or 6-8pm in this case) but the fridges with beer and wine remain open throughout the evening.

Can anyone help with this (specifically in relation to Hilton Liverpool).

Thanks

Moore
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
I stayed here last week and can confirm that the executive lounge is nice, but more of a dining room than a lounge. Tables and chairs, rather than armchairs to kick back in.

Also, despite being a Diamond, there was no welcome note/treat or anything in my room upon check-in.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Has anyone stayed here in the last 3 to 6 months?

I am breaking up a weekend in Manchester with a night here at the end of May and would be interested in current thoughts on the hotel.

Chris
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How much is the parking with the Diamond discount? Seems like the suite's accomodate 3 adults, so would it be possible for two pals to share the room?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
How much is the parking with the Diamond discount? Seems like the suite's accomodate 3 adults, so would it be possible for two pals to share the room?
I'm not sure about the Diamond discount however, to park in the very nearby Liverpool One it's costs £15 per 24 hours and guests get it for £10. However, there is very limited parking (about eight spaces) outside the front of the hotel and when I enquired about a space here as I arrived the concierge said no problem, just tip me £10 and I will give you a space for your stay, if theres space he will remove the bollards for you, so worth asking.

Very nice property, worth a stay ^
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Thumbs down

A very lame Ex lounge at this hotel. Just one more Hilton in the UK to cutback. Beer and cheap wine, deep fried crap as the hot item. Bowl of chips. Really making this lounge not worth it at all. As a Diamond, no welcome note, no drink voucher, no welcome amenity. Do not pay for lounge access at this hotel. When I asked about spirits they staff in the lounge told me "Hilton World Wide Stopped it" I told her that was not true. Some other guys in the lounge also agreed with me, the staff was surprised to hear not all hiltons cut back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.