Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors And Putting In Your AAA 16 Digit #

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors And Putting In Your AAA 16 Digit #

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 2:17 am

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Originally Posted by loomis
I am a AAA member, so I am glad that Hilton makes some type of accountability such that only legitimate AAA members can get the discount. That being said, I agree that it would be nice if our AAA number could be stored in our HH profile so that we would not have to input it every time.

A big +1. Why, indeed!
Old Aug 15, 2009, 5:52 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by noneemac

Since when did it become so difficult to type in a 16-digit account number?

When something's out of your control, you are free to choose how to deal with it. Smart people will endure the *inconvenience* of having to type in a 16-digit number (or they will migrate to Firefox).
I agree completely. Firefox remembers the number and those of us who are lazy don't even have to pull out our wallets!
Old Aug 15, 2009, 11:46 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Please Remain Civil!

While no outright violations of the Guidelines & Rules of FlyerTalk have been posted to this thread, contributors to this thread are reminded that although debate is encouraged to please remain civil.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton forum
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:56 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Originally Posted by noneemac

It's so easy to store your AAA number in Outlook, or on your desktop in a Word file or some sort of sticky note. Yes, it would be nice if HH could memorize your AAA number, but complainers ought to just put it somewhere from which it's easy to grab and paste.

Really, is it that unreasonable to expect you to have your wallet in front of you when you are making an unsecured financial transaction?!
So what would you have me do? Hilton's system REFUSES to accept my number!!! Is it "unreasonable" of me to expect it to take the number if it won't just take my word for it ?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:59 am

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
So what would you have me do? Hilton's system REFUSES to accept my number!!! Is it "unreasonable" of me to expect it to take the number if it won't just take my word for it ?

Good morning, CarolD,
We are talking about two discrete things here.

Obviously, not being able to enter a required account number is a problem that Hilton should address ASAP.

Merely having to type in your AAA number is a very minor inconvenience.

(It worked for me three days ago. A previous post in this thread notes that there are a lot of numerals on a AAA card and advises making sure that users are entering the correct 16 digits.)
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
LastPass works extremely well - and it's free.

(For some reason, my AAA number always works flawlessly on the Hilton bookings. Should I request compensation? )

Originally Posted by squeakr
If you are on windows you can use
ROBOFORM to remember passwords etc. If I used Windows I'd be all over it for just these kinds of hassles.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:03 am

I agree with the OP.....heving to dig for the AAA everytime I make a reservation is a PITA,

I dealt with this by creating a spreadsheet that contains all of my loyalty numbers (hotel, rental car, airline), Hertz CDP codes, my AAA number, Starbucks wi-fi access code, etc. are also included. This spreadsheet is saved to all of my computers and to my thumb drive. When making a reservation, I run the spreadsheet in the background and pull up info as needed.. The CC# is the only thing committed to memory.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 9:48 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Sorry I didn't see this new development in the thread till now.

I'm really shocked how out of hand this has gotten. Canarsie asked posters to be civil and some did not heed the advice. I am therefore closing the thread esp as what needs to be said about the topic has been said.

squeakr
co mod hilton
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:01 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
thread is now re opened

Substantive, on-topic comments please !

thanks

squeakr

Co Mod Hilton
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:24 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by henryf
This spreadsheet is saved to all of my computers and to my thumb drive.
Helpful tip: I use Google Spreadsheet for this same purpose, a single copy accessible from any internet connected computer.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Should this thread be re-named? - ie, 'the AAA work-around thread' cuz that's what so many have to do to get the #s entered/work. I'm just sayin...

Cheers.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Any way you slice it, Hilton is being extremely difficult with this. I can't remember my AAA number. I shouldn't have to. I have a profile that stores my credit card number. Why can it store that and not my AAA number? Thanks to this thread I now just use 430 in the international field because that's easier. Don't get me started on the Hilton web site. I constantly have to log in. This happens again and again and again. That shouldn't be my problem either. I wonder how much business it's cost them. I'm sure it's cost them a lot...
Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
The Hilton system won't take my current AAA number either. So I use my old expired AAA number and it works just fine. Some sytem.

I agree with those who say we should be able to add it to our HH profile.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:29 am

After seeing this thread again I decided to find my AAA# and type it in. It was $27.00 cheaper than the rate I had so I cancelled my original reservation. I got the PHL downtown Doubletree for $122.00. That is an excellent price.

Bobette
Old Aug 21, 2009, 1:35 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by b1513
I got the PHL downtown Doubletree for $122.00. That is an excellent price.
I will be there tomorrow evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.