Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Arrow DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown {US-UT}

Has annyone been to the Embassy Suites Salt Lake City downtown lately? I am wondering if they have the comp alc. Beverages at the manager's reception. I know Utah is not exactly liquor friendly.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 6:05 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Has annyone been to the Embassy Suites Salt Lake City downtown lately? I am wondering if they have the comp alc. Beverages at the manager's reception. I know Utah is not exactly liquor friendly.
I haven't been at that one, but I think it's changed a bit since the Olympics.

Bob H
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:37 pm

They offer the same reception as most ES's,including liquor.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Elite, HiltonHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum Royal Ambassador
Doubletree Suites Salt Lake (used to be Embassy)

Need to go to Salt Lake for a convention, and just learned that the Embassy Suites is now a Doubletree Suites.
They still advertize "cooked to order" Breakfast, and a Managers reception nightly, so is this just a change in name only? or are their other differences?

Have stayed at this Embassy for a week every year since 2000 - heck, the Mgrs reception bartender even knows us by name (and drink preference)

Has anyone stayed there since the name change?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
I'm not answering you question... but do hotels often change affiliation under the same hotel chain umbrella? If so, why would they ?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond; Celebrity Elite Plus. Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer
New Embassy Suites opening December 2012 - West Valley City;

Brands must have weighed up one or two properties in SLC.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by poser
I'm not answering you question... but do hotels often change affiliation under the same hotel chain umbrella? If so, why would they ?
Straying further, I suspect a very close read of Embassy and Doubletree brand standards, and a gap analysis between this property and current ES standards identifying costs to bring it up to speed, would go a long way toward answering your question.

(There are plenty of cities with multiple ES properties.)
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Just stayed here for a conference. This is a great hotel if you have no status, but utterly devoid of extra value as a Diamond. Wi-fi and breakfast (and, of course, the cookie) are included for all guests. I'm not sure about the reception, might be weekdays only. Of course there's still no EL.

When I checked in, my status was not acknowledged and I was not offered anything special. At the end of the check-in process, I meekly asked if drink coupons or any other bennies were available and was told rather curtly, "We don't offer that here. There's bottled water in your room and I can give you another if you'd like." My friend who's a Silver got the bottled water, too. So there it is, absolutely nothing extra for a Diamond.

I should note that there were some extra-large suites, but I was not upgraded, possibly due to the conference and my sharing a suite with a non-status friend who was already there on a separate booking from the previous night.

Staff were otherwise friendly, facilities were fine, breakfast was fine. But don't expect much here in the way of differentiation with status.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Straying further, I suspect a very close read of Embassy and Doubletree brand standards, and a gap analysis between this property and current ES standards identifying costs to bring it up to speed, would go a long way toward answering your question.

(There are plenty of cities with multiple ES properties.)
What ARE the brand standards? And what exactly is Doubletree's market position supposed to be?

I have stayed in a lot of older DTs and DTs that used to be something else, but I have seen relatively few brand new DTs built from the ground up this past decade. Is that not part of their business plan?

ES OTOH, seems to be a mix of newly built and older tired properties...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Any recent updates on this property?

I have an upcoming biz trip to SLC and want to extend the trip on my own. This property has rates of $82/night.

I've stayed at the Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn, and have walked by this place. It looked a little tired on the outside, but for $50-80 less, it seems like a no-brainer to pick this place. Unless it is truly a dog. Even then I might still do it, as the biz place is the best property in town.

Anyone know if they charge for parking?

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by aztimm
Any recent updates on this property?

I have an upcoming biz trip to SLC and want to extend the trip on my own. This property has rates of $82/night.

I've stayed at the Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn, and have walked by this place. It looked a little tired on the outside, but for $50-80 less, it seems like a no-brainer to pick this place. Unless it is truly a dog. Even then I might still do it, as the biz place is the best property in town.

Anyone know if they charge for parking?

Thanks!
A couple months ago I got a $67 MVP rate on a Friday night at the HGI by the airport. I just checked a couple of random nights and it wasn't available on the few I checked. It doesn't appear to be available for any dates for that matter. There isn't much around there, but the property was nice and the breakfast was good. The bizarre liquor laws in Utah would take some getting used to for me though.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
SLC airport shuttle

If the website (DT SLC downtown) say airport shuttle .
does that mean it is complimentary?
Old May 20, 2019, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Beano
If the website (DT SLC downtown) say airport shuttle .
does that mean it is complimentary?
Per the hotel's website:

Just 7 miles from SLC International Airport with free shuttle service
Old May 20, 2019, 8:05 am

More generally, at other hotels, I wouldn't assume it means complimentary
Old May 27, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I would still take the train.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.