Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Doubletree (formerly Hilton) Manchester Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doubletree (formerly Hilton) Manchester Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2002, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Doubletree (formerly Hilton) Manchester Airport {GBR}

I didnt find much information about this hotel when I used the search function. Some people say they get breakfast and some say they didnt. Has anyone stayed there lately?
Old May 26, 2002, 5:04 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
I didnt find much information about this hotel when I used the search function. Some people say they get breakfast and some say they didnt. Has anyone stayed there lately?</font>
My experiences at this property as a Diamond are that they are consistently ignorant regarding Hilton Honors T&C's. Particularly with regard to breakfast. It is however in excellent proximity to the Terminals.
Old May 26, 2002, 5:35 am
Original Poster

It looks I will have to take a print out of the Hhonors rules so I atleast get free breakfast.
Old May 26, 2002, 9:21 am
Original Member

Don't hold your breath....

At Hilton hotels outside the U.S. with Executive Floors, Gold VIPs will be provided with a guest room on the Executive Floor, whenever possible. In cases when there are no Executive Floors or where Executive Floor accommodations have been fully booked, Gold VIP members will be offered a complimentary continental breakfast each morning or an alternative special amenity.

The MAN hilton has what they call an executive floor but no lounge. Therefore if they 'upgrade' you to they executive floor they do not have to give you a breakfast.

Having said that, I've always been well treated at this hotel, including choc's, water, bottles of wine and even a 'Manchester Hilton' suit carrier waiting for me in my room.
Old May 27, 2002, 6:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
Agreed with their lack of 'understanding' towards HH rules, but otherwise this is a great facility with decently quiet rooms and a great buffet restaurant.

Enjoy your stay ...

GMF
Old May 27, 2002, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHons diamond
Hilton Manchester Airport hotel Trip Reports and Reviews

I've stayed there four times in the past 12 months. First time I asked for an upgrade and the (very pleasant) receptionist know nothing about Gold upgrades, neither did the duty manager who was standing next to her. I gave the duty manager my HHonors guide and he 'upgraded' me - but I'm not sure what that meant because on each subsequent stay I've had three different rooms on different floors which were all very similar to the first room. No breakfast offered but then again I didn't ask for anything...which I suspect you have to do at this hotel if it's important to you.

It's a reasonably decent airport hotel, which is a convenient 5-10 minutes walk from the terminals or a short hop on the courtesy bus. Fine for a one night stay but I suspect you may need to take your rule book if you want to insist on the breakfast or upgrade. If you are staying for longer you could check out the various other on-site airport hotels - there are quite a few within a few minutes of each other. I just go back because of the 1000 miles each night with Virgin.
Old May 27, 2002, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Thanx for the replies so far. I just found out that my rate of 64Ł is inclusive of breakfast, though I am not sure how much breakfast I will have time to eat since my flight leaves at 06.40 on sunday morning.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:16 am

Any recent stays at Hilton Manchester Airport?

Has anyone stayed recently at the Hilton Manchester Airport (UK)? Most of the comments that I found through the search function were about the property not extending Gold or Platinum benefits but these were in 2000-2003. Any recent experiences with extending Gold benefits? Assuming they are now more compliant, is it worth a premium to stay there? The reason I ask is that the rooms at the Hilton are between 100-150 pounds for the time that I am thinking of staying there. During the same period, I can get a room at the Radisson, which has received good reviews, for about 90 pounds and a room at the Crowne Plaza, which seems to be a pretty reliable hotel, for 65. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:38 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Not stayed at the Hilton, but the Radisson is within the airport complex, on the walkway between T1 and T2. If it's just an overnight, I'd stay at the Radisson - unless you really need the points/miles.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 1:53 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite , Hilton Honors
Thumbs up

Last stay was in September, but I always try to stay there if I'm flying out of Manchester. On a more recent trip, a client put me in Bewley's which is just across the tracks from the Hilton toward the terminal, and it was certainly cheaper. It was a dump, but to be fair, it was being renovated.
I ended up walking over to the Hilton for dinner, and was happy to see that the restaurant and bar are still very good. The outdoor patio is still a fine place to sit enjoying a glass of port and a good cigar.

If the weather is nice, it's a plus to be able to walk over to the terminal from the hotel.

Commander Bob
Old Aug 11, 2005, 4:34 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I stayed there last week and do so a few times a year. I always get upgraded to on of their (very) small suites as a Plat and used to get upgraded as a Gold. The Hotel is OK but could do with a revamp. The restaurant is decent.

If you don't need the points or stay credit and aren't burning points for an award then as MAN Pax says the Radisson is a much better choice.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: I do this for a living.
No upgraded room for a diamond, the room I did get was dingy and run down. Was told "nothing else available" when I complained. Health club is closed down. Breakfast was 4 pounds extra, and good. Despite this, I would not return.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Initially put into a smoking room. When I went back to complain I was given a suite (v nice0 and a breakfast coupon (marked for Gold / Diamond) that was not offered first time!.

The coupon gave me a free continental breakfast.

If staying at MAN airport again I'd use it,
Old Feb 8, 2006, 1:50 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, PriorityClub Gold, Marriott, UA Mileage Plus, LH Miles & More, Sixt Platinum
I stayed there twice and liked it.
We got an upgraded room both times and free full breakfast as HH Gold, although the vouchers were only for continental breakfast, but the waiter told us the he didn't care...

We definitely would return.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Stayed there about two years ago and posted a detailed review at http://www.heart4travel.com/hotelspe...on-airport.php .

Very good for an aiport hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.