Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Cod-West Yarmouth {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Cod-West Yarmouth {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2009, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Cod-West Yarmouth {US-MA}

Will go to Cape Cod next weekend. Has anyone stayed at this hotel before? Any review of it?

It is category 4 hotel. However, I have never stayed at a Hampton Inn before, so not sure how the quality and level of this hotel is.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old May 17, 2009, 7:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Gold every other chain
Hi...I have not been there, but I know the area and I know a couple that have stayed there. Hampton Inns (HI) are decent standard rooms pretty much everywhere in the country. One thing that sets this Hampton apart is that it's the newest hotel, (in maybe 20 years?) in that area. If you need to stay at a HH property that's the only one on the whole cape that I know of, as the cape has mostly "mom/pop" hotels. As always, HI has a good (but free) breakfast which you will not find also at other area hotels.

This HI is close to the busy parts of the cape. However, if you are new to the area, take a road trip to Eastham, Truro, Orleans and explore the Govt beaches and dunes and even bayside for the little ones. That area is what I consider the real cape. Enjoy your trip!
Old May 17, 2009, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by kgkg
Will go to Cape Cod next weekend. Has anyone stayed at this hotel before? Any review of it?

It is category 4 hotel. However, I have never stayed at a Hampton Inn before, so not sure how the quality and level of this hotel is.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
This is a brand new hotel and will be a welcome addition to an area underserved by Hilton but the category 4 is fully due to the location. I have not stayed at this Hampton but a new Hampton provides a nice level of stay, but don't look for poolside bar service, or even a restaurant on the premises. You should get a clean comfortable room with free wifi and breakfast, but it will not be gourmet by any means but will fill you up. As REDSOX1 said, this area is very commercialized and full of places for tourists to part with their money. The real Cape is out past Chatham/Orleans imho, but West Dennis beach is close although it is not quite beach weather here in Massachusetts so make sure you have a jacket.

When I stay in this area, I like the Cove at Yarmouth so you can use that website to find your way around the area http://www.attractionsnearby.com/att...&attraction=59 but now that HHonors has a presence here, I am sure I will be trying this hotel sometime soon. And since you seem to be coming on Memorial Day, it is likely you will see lots of traffic as this is the traditonal opening weekend on the Cape and all the new summer hires may not be quite as efficient as they would be at the height of summer.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
We are staying here now, so far so good. They were sorry for not being able to upgrade me to a suite
Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Cape

BDLORD- Would love a end of trip report. I rented a house on the cape for years and the family sold it, so haven't been back for 4-5 years. I would consider a few days there based on your review!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Stayed for one night in 8/09...

..on reward stay. This HI is only Hilton property on the Cape and rooms rates reflect that. Got over-sized room with one king bed. Property/furnishings are nice primarily because it is new. Breakfast area is large with usual HI food. Indoor pool is decent-sized. The one night I was there, they rolled out a bar for cash drinks - nice touch. All staff was pleasant.
Old May 6, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

After researching this property I am surprised it is a couple of years old. I had a recent stay and from all indications the hotel seemed brand new. I had a large king room on the second floor which was very far from the elevator (as requested). Everything in the room was in very good condition. My only problem was upon check-in the refrigerator / microwave in the room was not on. I called the desk and they told me it was on a timer to defrost, but upon returning from my day's activities it was still off. At this point I pulled the cabinet out and realized it was unplugged. I felt stupid for not checking this in the first place! Decent breakfast and pleasant staff.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Gold SPG, Gold HH, Silver Marriott
Cape Cod Hampton Inn

Hello,
I am thinking about rewarding 1 night at the Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Cod-West Yarmouth, MA. It requires 35000 points, seem quite high for an Hampton In (other ones are more in the 20K points). Has anybody stayed there?
I am thinking this HI of the Four Points in Eastham, Ma.
Thanks!
David
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:39 pm

Stayed here for one night a couple weeks ago - an above average Hampton - its two years old but everything still seems clean and new. Front Desk very helpful and friendly. Only stayed for a bed overnight so can't comment on much else.

As for the 35k points, I'm sure you are aware that everything on the Cape is overpriced at this time of year. The Hampton is a cut above most motel style places that are dominant down there. I stayed there for $140+tax on a AAA deal. Wouldn't trade 35k points for that - but if you've got points to burn - why not?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 4:44 am

Thanks,
I did not know that required points also increased with the seasons.
Maybe I will go to the SHeraton FOur Point for 7K Points!
Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Nice Hampton

I stayed at the Hampton INn Cape Cod 2 weeks ago good location if you want to catch the ferry to marthas vineyard or nantucket but not if you want to go to providencetown or the inner cape. The rooms were good no complants was offered a upgrade as Hilton Gold. nice and friendly receptionist. Lobby was one of the nicest ive been in, in a Hampton only being beat by Chicateague. Four points havent been to but its closer to providence town if you want to be there nothing really around it so socially youd be better off at the Hampton Inn. Hope that helps.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:39 am

Thanks, very useful feedback. I appreciate guys
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:55 am

I stayed there last year for one night. It's not my preferred location on the Cape, but it was a well kept property. It's a lot of points, but I still might use an award night there if it was during the high season.

I would NOT recommend the Four Points unless they've recently made improvements. I liked the location, but that's about it.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by OB one
This is a brand new hotel and will be a welcome addition to an area underserved by Hilton but the category 4 is fully due to the location. .
In what appears to be the trend, this hotel has gone up 2 categories since the quoted post.

I just booked AXON 2 rooms, 4 nights.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:31 am

I've stayed there several times. I think it's about 4 years old. I'm not wild about the location, as I prefer to be further down the Cape, but it's very a typical Hampton Inn. I might use points for it in high season.

I've never received an upgrade there, but they always apologize for it, LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.