FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Niseko Village {JPN} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/950997-hilton-niseko-village-jpn.html)

kathysrewards Mar 27, 2016 10:39 pm

Been hanging on to some hilton points for the last couple years to use at Niseko.
Jan/Feb 2017 is 117K/night, I swear it was std rates last year or last I checked!!!

Did availability at standard level open ever?

jbeckett Mar 28, 2016 9:53 am

Looks like they are not offering standard rooms for points between December 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017 (their "white season").

Duke787 Mar 28, 2016 10:05 am

Originally Posted by kathysrewards (Post 26396737)
Been hanging on to some hilton points for the last couple years to use at Niseko.
Jan/Feb 2017 is 117K/night, I swear it was std rates last year or last I checked!!!

Did availability at standard level open ever?

Originally Posted by jbeckett (Post 26398808)
Looks like they are not offering standard rooms for points between December 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017 (their "white season").

I looked into going back in March of this year and saw space back in the fall and then it completely disappeared (see my post upthread). However about a month before our trip it reappeared at both standard rates and C+P.

By that point we had already moved on to SIN and HKT so it was no longer relevant but my guess is they likely pull standard inventory until it gets close enough that they know their occupancy rates.

stephem Apr 4, 2016 1:43 pm

We stayed last Wed/Thursday nights and hit the slopes Thurs/Fri. We were there in between two storms so had warm-ish sunny weather (and given that the sun starts hitting the slopes at 5am, it really softened things up!). But it cooled off the day after we left (we were in Sapporo that day) and snowed again over the weekend.

The Hilton is nice enough, in the end we used C+P and were upgraded for free to a King Mt Yotei view room. So it was a really good value. Breakfast was decent, but otherwise I thought the F&B outlets leave a bit to be desired and I was glad we had a car. We ate at the sushi place in the hotel the night we arrived (kind of late arrival so worried that was only option) and it was totally overpriced and not really great quality fish by any means. I've been eating raw fish since I was a young kid and grew up on the ocean catching much of what we ate, so while not picky, I tend to know what I am getting. It wasn't bad, but I am not impressed when I pay that much and get just mediocre quality fish. I have better quality fish in my refrigerator most days of the week...

From a convenience to the slopes standpoint, the hotel excels, having the gondola right out the side door. But again, having a car was great to pop over to Hirafu. My colleagues have stayed in Hirafu (in a slopeside condo) before and after this I'd say when we go back with our kids we're likely to stay in Hirafu instead. The food options are more numerous and much better and you aren't as captive to the hotel.

SPG has some nearby properties and word is that Hyatt will open a Park Hyatt in Niseko in a few years, so interesting to see the US chain interest in this area.

Marcellinus Apr 4, 2016 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett (Post 26398808)

What do people think about this and the "no blackouts" HHonors policy?

The hotel previously had tons of reward availability in January 2017 and I made a 5 night reservation which I'd prefer to move a couple of days earlier but now can't because the only available rates are not standard rooms. Clearly the hotel has removed all base rooms from their available inventory...

Still getting a good deal for peak season at standard reward redemption... but I'd love to be able to move it a couple of days earlier!

demue Apr 5, 2016 1:17 am

That's why at times I chose to make a number of 1-day reservations back to back to retain that flexibility for future changes to drop off dates not needed. Of course that is assuming you would have had the "spare" points to book extra nights until plans become clearer.

sammybk Apr 29, 2016 3:16 pm

It looks like standard rooms are available now during ski season 2017. Have fun everyone. Just booked myself in 5 days after Chinese new year

tdk2999 Aug 11, 2016 11:28 pm

Just booked 5 days on points. I see a note about the 20% compulsory resort fee required. I am wondering if that is covered since I am on points redemption. About three years ago when I was there on points, I still had to pay for onsen fees. It wasn't much. But 20% now is a lot.

Cynicor Aug 16, 2016 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by tdk2999 (Post 27052536)
Just booked 5 days on points. I see a note about the 20% compulsory resort fee required. I am wondering if that is covered since I am on points redemption. About three years ago when I was there on points, I still had to pay for onsen fees. It wasn't much. But 20% now is a lot.

All fee should be included as a points booking. They always have been for me, including onsen fees. Have stayed on points every ski season for the last 3 years.

The_Wrath_of_Khan Aug 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Yeah, on a points booking there should be no cash outlay. Stayed here on points and paid nothing many times.

SNA_Flyer Aug 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Can confirm there are no fees on points redemption stays here.

krazykanuck Feb 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Is there a historical approximation to when they unblock reservations? besides sammybk's post at the end of April 16 that ski season 2017 was available?

I'm looking at Dec 17/Jan 18 and I can't seem to book any day on cash or points.

I'm in the middle of thinking of a not very well thought out Japan trip and falling down a mountain a half world way sounds better than doing so here.

Cynicor Feb 20, 2017 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 27928258)
Is there a historical approximation to when they unblock reservations? besides sammybk's post at the end of April 16 that ski season 2017 was available?

I'm looking at Dec 17/Jan 18 and I can't seem to book any day on cash or points.

I'm in the middle of thinking of a not very well thought out Japan trip and falling down a mountain a half world way sounds better than doing so here.

The powder is better in Japan so if you fall you won't feel it (assuming you get powder the weather has been a bit iffy the last few years).

Points rooms seem to open up around April/May. I think they try to sell a lot of wholesale bookings first; remember Niseko United is pretty much fully booked by June. I have met many from USA who were surprised they could not get any accommodation as far as 3 months out, and that includes the most expensive and the cheapest options.

2017 is the first year out of 10 I haven't been to Hilton Niseko, I find Niseko has turned into a bit of a zoo :(

krazykanuck Feb 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor (Post 27935146)
2017 is the first year out of 10 I haven't been to Hilton Niseko, I find Niseko has turned into a bit of a zoo :(

Do you have other recommendations in Japan? especially for an uber beginner?

bbmatt Feb 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 27936092)
Do you have other recommendations in Japan? especially for an uber beginner?

I really liked the vale in niseko. It's a little pricey, but its much more conveient than the hilton. It's at the bottom of the village in the main one (hirafu) not the hilton one.