Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Madrid Airport {ESP}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Madrid Airport {ESP}

I have heard that there may be a Hilton coming to MADRID. I have not been able to get specifics. Has any one heard of where and/or when this may be occuring? Thanks!

PEACE!
Old Nov 20, 2004, 4:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by PapiTheWriter
I have heard that there may be a Hilton coming to MADRID. I have not been able to get specifics. Has any one heard of where and/or when this may be occuring? Thanks!

PEACE!
I've not heard anything. A second one in Barcelona yes and one is being built in Valencia, but not Madrid.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:49 pm

Yes, Hilton International announced on 31 August 2004 that they will be opening a new, 5 star hotel in Madrid at Madrid Airport, scheduled to open in early 2006. The hotel is walking distance from the terminals and a few minutes drive from IFEMA exhibition centre.

According to hospitalitynet.org:

"Hilton Madrid Airport, designed by the noted architect, Miguel Oliver Pérez, will have 285 luxury rooms in two six-floor buildings separated by a convention centre.
Hilton Madrid Airport will have one of the group’s most representative products, the “Relaxation Room”. A new concept of premium room, which reflects high-end travellers’ change in aesthetic preferences and work habits, the “Relaxation Room” is divided into three distinct areas to help guests differentiate their workspace from the relaxation area and the bathroom. Created by designers and ergonomics with luxurious furnishings and the latest technological innovations, their focal point is maximum comfort and relaxation and contemporary design. The bathroom, for example, has a hydro spa bath and a powerful body shower providing the benefits of a jacuzzi or massage."
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the updates. I will be traveling to Spain a lot in '05 and '06 and hope to see more options open up.

PEACE!
Old Nov 20, 2004, 2:36 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
But it's going to be out at Barajas?

That's not going to be very convenient.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 5:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Thumbs up

"Ex-ellent, Smithers!"
Old Nov 20, 2004, 5:29 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
aaah, but I rember the Castellana Hilton. Now that was a good location.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Has anyone heard anything on the Madrid Hilton?? I will most likely be there the first week of April and would love to get some HH points for it!
Old Jan 30, 2006, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC, HH, Avis, Hertz
Tried to find out myself today, hoping for one by may 2006, but website still only has 2 properties in barcelona.

anyone any better news?
Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
[QUOTE=Scotsflyer]Yes, Hilton International announced on 31 August 2004 that they will be opening a new, 5 star hotel in Madrid at Madrid Airport, scheduled to open in early 2006. QUOTE]

That's my major frustration with Hilton--properties away from the center in major European cities (Rome, Venice, Florence....)
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:16 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
The only thing I saw was from last August (2005):

Hilton Madrid Airport will be the only 5 star hotel from Madrid Barajas Airport. It will be situated about 800 meters from the terminals and just 5 minutes by car from Madrid`s fairground.
The 21 storey Hilton is situated next to the Barcelona International Convention Centre (CCIB) and joins the Arquitetonic complex a visual icon of Barcelona from the 21st century.
Hilton International has opened a new hotel in the city of Barcelona in Spain. The Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona will be Hilton International`s second hotel in Barcelona and two more properties are scheduled to open in Spain over the next two years in Valencia and Madrid.

Link

A more recent article (in Spanish) from December, states that the Madrid Hilton is now slated for early 2007.... we shall see

Last edited by LAX1K to AmWest; Jan 30, 2006 at 10:27 pm
Old Feb 3, 2006, 5:20 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Hiltons all over Spain

I just checked out of Hilton in BCN (Diagonal Mar - wonderful hotel) and they tolod me:
Hilton Valencia - July 2006
Hilton Madrid Airport - Q2 2007

but also new hotels are also being built (just announced) in Toledo and Marbella!
Old Feb 12, 2006, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
Too late for trip at the end of this month, but in future someday
Old Aug 20, 2006, 9:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsfr
I just checked out of Hilton in BCN (Diagonal Mar - wonderful hotel) and they tolod me:
Hilton Valencia - July 2006
Hilton Madrid Airport - Q2 2007

but also new hotels are also being built (just announced) in Toledo and Marbella!

Hilton Buenavista Toledo
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....458&highlight=

Hilton Sa Torre Mallorca
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....459&highlight=

Old Aug 20, 2006, 11:14 am

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
It may make a lot of sense for Hilton to put a property out by Barajas since there isn't much competition in the neighborhood. However, you won't catch me staying there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.