Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Madrid Airport {ESP}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Yllanes
There's no need to call to be picked up at the airport, the shuttle runs regularly.
Not the times I arrived mid-morning in December. Waited for an hour and it never showed up the first time at Terminal 1 until after I called. The hotel told me that one needs to call as the shuttle was not running to all terminals regularly. Was dropping off/departing the hotel at the regular times but only to requested terminals. Hopefully that has changed.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Anyone have an email for the hotel? I'd like to get the shuttle schedule.

Is there anywhere to walk to around the hotel?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Anyone have an email for the hotel? I'd like to get the shuttle schedule.

Thanks in advance.
[email protected]
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by SS255
Thank you!
Received prompt reply as follows. Perhaps others would be interested in shuttle details and my question regarding current Diamond compensation as lounge is closed. I also asked when lounge would reopen and he did not address that--so it may be never.

"Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Madrid Airport for your next visit to Madrid.

We provide a free shuttle service from the airport to our hotel from 5:00 am until 01:00 midnight, running every 30 minutes through terminals 1 to 4. There is one stop in front of each terminal with a list of hotel names posted.

Depending on which terminal you arrive in, the bus stops can be found as follow:

Terminal 1: at arrivals in front of door number 3

Terminal 2: at arrivals in front of door number 5 and 6

Terminal 4: at arrivals at the central hotels bus stop

A taxi would cost approximately €15-24 Euros, or if you prefer, the hotel can book a private transfer for you in advance.

The executive lounge is closed by the moment, so we offer a voucher to have a drink at the bar with a tapa selection."

Last edited by fmkgb; Feb 16, 2022 at 8:50 am
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
"Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Madrid Airport for your next visit to Madrid.

We provide a free shuttle service from the airport to our hotel from 5:00 am until 01:00 midnight, running every 30 minutes through terminals 1 to 4. There is one stop in front of each terminal with a list of hotel names posted.
It was about time they finally had a decent evening schedule instead of stopping the service at 22:45!
Thank you for the info
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I only walked anywhere one time (although I've stayed a number of times over the years). I walked to a shopping mall that wasn't too terribly far. It took a while, largely because I'm not good at following directions, and passed through some office areas and residential areas.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
There's a supermarket and a few restaurants just the other side of the motorway. Metro station for trains into the city centre just beyond that, along with a few parks. Otherwise not alot without a metro (or taxi) ride
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
There's a supermarket and a few restaurants just the other side of the motorway. Metro station for trains into the city centre just beyond that, along with a few parks. Otherwise not alot without a metro (or taxi) ride

If I am coming from Madrid, can I take metro directly to the station near the hotel and walk to hotel rather than taking metro from Madrid to the Airport and then catching hotel shuttle bus to the hotel?

What is name of metro near Hilton airport hotel?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:15 pm

If I am coming from Madrid, can I take metro directly to the station near the hotel and walk to hotel rather than taking metro from Madrid to the Airport and then catching hotel shuttle bus to the hotel?

Yes, assuming you don't mind a 15 minute walk to the hotel from the Metro station. The name of the Metro station is Alameda de Osuna.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott

Google maps will help
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
I have regularly walked to/from Alameda de Osuna metro station which is the end stop on line 5 (green on the metro map).
There is no fare surcharge unlike to/from the airport.
When coming from the station to the hotel you will go through a residential area and do not be surprised by having to cross a motorway bridge, then turn right and the hotel is in front of you.

https://www.planometromadrid.org/map...id-2022-01.png
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by tem123
I have regularly walked to/from Alameda de Osuna metro station which is the end stop on line 5 (green on the metro map).
There is no fare surcharge unlike to/from the airport.
When coming from the station to the hotel you will go through a residential area and do not be surprised by having to cross a motorway bridge, then turn right and the hotel is in front of you.

https://www.planometromadrid.org/map...id-2022-01.png
Thanks all. This seems easier than going to airport and waiting waiting waiting for hotel shuttle.
tem123 great map! I assume it's not a problem/great danger crossing the motorway? I'll have one piece of luggage.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:35 am

Thanks all. This seems easier than going to airport and waiting waiting waiting for hotel shuttle.
tem123 great map! I assume it's not a problem/great danger crossing the motorway? I'll have one piece of luggage.
Not at all. I only mentioned it so you know you're going in the right direction
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:55 am

Ended up taking Uber directly to hotel from near Prada museum. I thought very reasonable 15.15e midday weekday. Easy and a great time saver.

lounge still closed and from FD clerk,s response and body language i got the feeling they have no intention of opening it anytime soon, if ever. Received coupon for 2 drinks (house wine, draft beer, soft drink or selected spirits) plus a selection of tapas in the bar from 7pm-9pm. Requested vegetarian and they offered a nice selection of 5. Wine was ok but no choice.

Relaxation room as I remembered but of the 6 different hotels (as low end as mercure and tapestry) I’ve been in for this trip it is the first with no nespresso (or similar) machine. Very surprising. Did have water kettle and box with powdered coffee and some really low end looking teas. Have always hated this room,s glass sink area. Not enough room for personal products and what I didn’t realize is there is an inch space between the clear glass sink and mirrored wall - discovered it today when a glass bottle of very expensive perfume dropped through and broke on the tile floor.

no available plugs near bed although if on left side you might be able to swing a long cord over to the desk behind the bed.
CNBC listed as available channel 30 but not working. They have Bloomberg but it’s far inferior IMO.
large safe.

am told it’s necessary to reserve shuttle to airport which leaves every half hour except 10am when driver on a break.

Last edited by fmkgb; Mar 9, 2022 at 4:05 am
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:32 pm

Was here earlier this week and the lounge was still closed, so made do with the coupon for two drinks and tapas.
I arrived at 10 am from the Hampton Alcobendas via terminal 4 (see separate post) and was upgraded to an executive room - I declined a room with jacuzzi as it wasn't yet ready and I preferred to accept the immediate offer.
The next day I arranged a late checkout for 4 pm which allowed me a second day in Madrid without bags, going into the centre and back by metro (see my post #386 above).
The _Banking_Scot and Zurich like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.