Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton

Hotel Website: http://curiocollection3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/boulders-resort-and-spa-curio-collection-by-hilton-PHXRSQQ/index.html

http://www.theboulders.com/

Address: 34631 N. Tom Darlington Drive, Carefree, Arizona, 85377, USA
Phone: Tel: 1-480-488-9009 Fax: 1-480-488-4118

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA member..., Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Club
Any chance for some help - GM contact information please!

One last bump!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If I Google The Boulders General Manager, I come up with some answers; I suspect you could too.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 3:24 pm
Suspended

How about calling the hotel and asking to speak with the GM? Or at least asking who the GM is?
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:47 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
did you have any luck? I was thinking of doing the same.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by JerryFF
How much did you have to tip the cart driver every time you got a ride?
They won't take a tip from you, even if you try. The resort fee they charge covers all gratuity throughout your stay. Even the valets for your car.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Does anyone have any recent experience with the Boulders in terms of good/bad and Diamond treatment ?
Old May 22, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Bump? Any recent experiences? Diamond treatment?
Old May 23, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jsocpa
Bump? Any recent experiences? Diamond treatment?
We were there over Labor Day weekend (late August/early September). We booked the cheapest room available and were upgraded to a sonoran Castia due to Diamond status. We received free drink vouchers, and coupons good for 20% (I think) off the spa and the onsite restaurant.

The resort is made up of a bunch of small castia's with between one and four rooms in each castia. The Sonoran castia was in a "prime" location (basically one of the castia's on top of a very small incline) and was on the second floor (so the views are really good).

During the summer they offer a lot of dinner specials in the restaurant, so check to see if they have any specials when you are there (basically a shared app with two entree's and a desert for a reasonable rate). We were not upgraded to a suite, and it actually wasn't very full over the holiday weekend (still very hot at that time of year... well over 100 degrees). So I highly doubt a suite upgrade is ever given (if it was we would have received one).
Old May 24, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for the response! We are actually going to be there in January so I am unsure how busy the resort will be. Any sense of how this compares to some of the other resorts in the area? We have previously stayed at the Sanctuary at Camelback Mountain.

Thanks for your help.
Old May 24, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
We stayed there in March with a reward stay. Love the resort, but the service was lacking.

The bellman were wonderful. Our room had spider issues and the Wireless Internet woud not hold a connection. When I need to print a boarding pass, the front desk referred me to the computers in the lobby that charged 1.00/min for internet use. I just left and printed them at the airport.

We also went to the laughing donkey for dinner. Sat there for 20 minutes and noone ever came to bring us water or take our order.

Overall, this is one of 3 recent stays that has me moving away from Hilton hotels this year.
Old May 24, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jsocpa
Thanks for the response! We are actually going to be there in January so I am unsure how busy the resort will be. Any sense of how this compares to some of the other resorts in the area? We have previously stayed at the Sanctuary at Camelback Mountain.

Thanks for your help.
I'm not much help there... I had family in the Phoenix area for a while (not living there any longer so almost all of our trips involved free lodging with family). We've only stayed at the boulders and the biltmore in the Phoenix area. Those two resorts are totally different. Due to the location (in town) we almost always stay at the biltmore when we're in Phoenix (that and as frequent guests the biltmore really does take care of us regarding upgrades to casita suites).
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Time for an annual bump.

I've apparently planned poorly because there's this thing "Spring Break" tying up all of my usual hotels in PHX Mar 23-28, so looking outside of my go-to's and trying something different. Have kids in tow, so perhaps I qualify as one of the spring breakers...

Diamond benefits/experiences, how's the pool, close to any good restaurants, etc.?

Thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Disappointing "My Way" Diamond Benefits at The Boulders W=A

Considering a stay in Phoenix just before the Christmas Holidays. As an HHonors Diamond I figured I'd contact The Biltmore and The Boulders and see what types of discount(s) they gave for the Diamond MyWay Benefits. I was pretty disappointed to find out that The Boulders gives a free drink at their bar + 20% off a $50+ purchase in their gift shop. No golf discount, no spa discount, and no restaurant discount... I don't even drink, so the free drink would get me a soda/lemonade/tea woo hoo!

Just seems like a pretty sub-par offering, has anybody else experienced similar or do they know if I just got the wrong information from The Boulders from their own experience there?

Last edited by ericgdukie44; Oct 9, 2014 at 1:01 pm
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
Considering a stay in Phoenix just before the Christmas Holidays in Phoenix. As an HHonors Diamond I figured I'd contact The Biltmore and The Boulders and see what types of discount(s) they gave for the Diamond MyWay Benefits. I was pretty disappointed to find out that The Boulders gives a free drink at their bar + 20% off a $50+ purchase in their gift shop. No golf discount, no spa discount, and no restaurant discount... I don't even drink, so the free drink would get me a soda/lemonade/tea woo hoo!

Just seems like a pretty sub-par offering, has anybody else experienced similar or do they know if I just got the wrong information from The Boulders from their own experience there?
MyWay W/A Diamond page reads:
Choose TWO of the following:
--1,000 Hilton HHonors® points per stay
--One complimentary in-room movie (where locally available).
--Discount at Hotel/Resort Facility - either Spa, Golf or Restaurant as designated by the Hotel/Resort.

The best benefit of W/A Diamond is the potential to be upgraded.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
I know exactly what it reads. They are not offering:

"--Discount at Hotel/Resort Facility - either Spa, Golf or Restaurant as designated by the Hotel/Resort."

I'd forgo 1,000 HHonors points ($5 value) for 25% off of golf or even off a massage.

Clearly it's not the biggest deal in the world, but it's just disappointing that they're only giving a discount for their gift shop. I'd much prefer golf or spa over a gift shop discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.