Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I just booked a hotel that had this in the rate detail:

Should I be wrried? Based on the last few posts I'd guess not -- but I figured I'd check.
I just checked a bunch of Hiltons (looking for a cheaper rate than I had, which I found). Most had that language for MVP, some had the old language (you just need an HHonors account). I'm not worried.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by sethb
I just checked a bunch of Hiltons (looking for a cheaper rate than I had, which I found). Most had that language for MVP, some had the old language (you just need an HHonors account). I'm not worried.
...Nor am I -- but I'd not seen that language in a while s I figured I'd ask.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:06 am

Just used the MVP code at the Universal Hilton near Universal Studios in California. No problems at all and no questions about the rate.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:43 am

Only terms that I could find are within the fast track to gold:

Terms and Conditions
*For Gold status, member must be an athletic administrator, athlete, or affiliated with a sports entity, sports related company, sports group or event and must complete four qualifying stays within 90 days of registration or enrollment. Discount offer is valid on individual US travel at participating hotels and cannot be combined with any other offer. The offer (“MVP FastTrack”) is available to members worldwide who have registered at HHonors.com/MVPFastTrack and is not transferable.

So I assume what I highlighted in bold would be the general requirement. There is nothing mentioned that an athlete needs to belong to any organization, so that fits for anyone.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I'm on an MVP stay right now, no questions about the rate, Diamond upgrade to mini-suite.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 11:40 am

Mvp

Just used mvp at Hilton Galveston. No issues. Checked in online and used digital key. When booked it did say ID required. I know different properties are saying different things online when you book.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
MVP Website Change

Checked HHonors website (hhonors3) this morning to confirm reservations for upcoming week/book for future, and the MVP code was not valid - fortunately, noticed the link in the WIKI (hiltonfamilymvp) to a dedicated website to manage transactions.

Anyone else encountered this, or, is it old news, and I'm late to the party (though I seem to recall it working from the main HHonors website earlier in the week)

In any case, thanks to those who keep the WIKIs current...

EDIT : Just went back through thread (milepost #1157/April 2016) and saw that others encountered same - interested that I had no issues using the code from April through today...BTW, WIKI should read 2016, not 2015.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by nycatl
Checked HHonors website (hhonors3) this morning to confirm reservations for upcoming week/book for future, and the MVP code was not valid

Anyone else encountered this, or, is it old news, and I'm late to the party (though I seem to recall it working from the main HHonors website earlier in the week)

EDIT : Just went back through thread (milepost #1157/April 2016) and saw that others encountered same - interested that I had no issues using the code from April through today...BTW, WIKI should read 2016, not 2015.
Old News.

The MVP code has been dead for well over a year. Not sure how you were getting it to show up when no one else could make it work in the corporate box. Hence why the Wiki is dated 2015 with the link to the MVP site.

Perhaps Hilton IT in one of their infamous Saturday maintenance updates, brought the code back to life without realizing it and now have de-activated it again.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
May have been weirdly cached or something. I've found that if I search the hiltonfamilymvp website and then later go look on the regular Hilton sites, it auto populates the MVP corporate code for me. Not in a way that I can edit (with the numbers) but it just says "Corporate code: MVP" on the left side there. I'm guessing somehow this just continues to happen for previous poster. Maybe he never shut down his computer/browser and it just continued to work or something.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by nycatl
Checked HHonors website (hhonors3) this morning to confirm reservations for upcoming week/book for future, and the MVP code was not valid - fortunately, noticed the link in the WIKI (hiltonfamilymvp) to a dedicated website to manage transactions.

In any case, thanks to those who keep the WIKIs current...

The rate codes are loaded by each property. Wild guess is some took longer to properly load the codes so some showed up for use by the main booking page while using the MVP web page is being loaded. And it appears the old MVP web page has the old rate details specifying a sports affiliation is required, but they aren't asking for it at check-in.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hhonors Gold, Accor Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I'm indeed working for a sports management company (we're player's agents for European soccer players) and have a business card (plus my name is mentioned on our company website), I guess that should work, too? Or does it have to be a club membership, and if so, would my Borussia Dortmund membership card work?

I'm not expecting any troubles although I've booked two stays in the next weeks which included the "ID required" passage when booking. But better safe than sorry.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by grayh
I'm indeed working for a sports management company (we're player's agents for European soccer players) and have a business card (plus my name is mentioned on our company website), I guess that should work, too? Or does it have to be a club membership, and if so, would my Borussia Dortmund membership card work?

I'm not expecting any troubles although I've booked two stays in the next weeks which included the "ID required" passage when booking. But better safe than sorry.
IF a property knows the terms AND should they actually care and ask, your good to go with what you have.

These are not new terms, but something pulled out of the basement from the original definition of MVP that has been mistakenly migrated to a new program.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by grayh

You should have no issues. The one time I was carded (in the US) it was via an advance call by the property's sales office. Typical sales call looking for leads on possible area events that the hotel may be able to support. Not much different then the conversations initiate when they host free drinks in the concierge lounge once a week.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: BA
Hi
Sorry if this has been clarified but I had a quick read of this forum and didnt find the answer.

Anyway, to get the 'Gold for 4 stays', I have registered on the MVP site, but when I book through the MVP link it seems to give me all Hilton hotel options (not just ones with discount). As long as I'm using the MVP will all bookings qualify for the gold promotion, or does it need to be specific hotels?

Thank you
Old Aug 8, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Any stay will do as long as it's booked via Hilton.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.