Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I just go to hiltonfamilymvp.com. That seems to show MVP rates in multiple brands.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by sethb
I just go to hiltonfamilymvp.com. That seems to show MVP rates in multiple brands.
That's correct, but unfortunately if you want to book with the app you have to use the codes. Sometimes booking with the app has advantages (e.g. extra bonus points.)
Old May 26, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Sometimes booking with the app has advantages (e.g. extra bonus points.)
I don't think this has been the case since January 1.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
So glad I found this thread!

Just double checking: MVP rates aren't excluded from promos? I'm specifically thinking of the Miles & More 2,500 pts per stay...

Also: any harm in signing up for the "Gold After 4 Stays" offer on Hilton | MVP Travel ?

EDIT:

I found the answer to both my questions on LoyaltyLobby, so never mind:

"This rate is a qualifying rate for Hilton HHonors points and stay/night credits. It has never been on the excluded rates list for bonus points offers."

https://loyaltylobby.com/2014/12/18/...the-caribbean/

Last edited by RafKa; Aug 22, 2018 at 3:19 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
MVP "Gold After 4 Stays" works.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by illesus
MVP "Gold After 4 Stays" works.
Thanks - I just realized I can actually to a status match to Diamond, so I'll keep the MVP Gold option to re-attain Gold after March 2020 (assuming the promo is still running by then).
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by RafKa
So glad I found this thread!

Just double checking: MVP rates aren't excluded from promos? I'm specifically thinking of the Miles & More 2,500 pts per stay...

Also: any harm in signing up for the "Gold After 4 Stays" offer on Hilton MVP Travel ?

EDIT:

I found the answer to both my questions on LoyaltyLobby, so never mind:

"This rate is a qualifying rate for Hilton HHonors points and stay/night credits. It has never been on the excluded rates list for bonus points offers."

https://loyaltylobby.com/2014/12/18/...the-caribbean/
Hilton has its flaws to complain about. However, unlike other chains they nearly always consider any​​​​ elite-qualifying stay (paid and award) as valid for promos and offers.
RafKa likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:49 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I booked an MVP rate several months ago for an upcoming stay...In my personal information, it now shows me as a member of the Cleveland Indians! Not sure where thet came from.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I booked an MVP rate several months ago for an upcoming stay...In my personal information, it now shows me as a member of the Cleveland Indians! Not sure where thet came from.
OMG That's awesome!!!!
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: Hilton D, UA 1MM LT 1K-, LT UAClub, DL MS, DL 1MM, Former LT PClub, CO Infinite Elite
MVP Gone

The landing page is still up, But rates not showing.Have not tried the codes. Sad!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ContPlat
The landing page is still up, But rates not showing.Have not tried the codes. Sad!
The MVP rates are working fine. No need to freak out.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
The MVP rates are working fine. No need to freak out.
Sure, but it's been over a year since we've had a "MVP IS DEAD!!!!!" post - is that a record?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:45 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

Hilton | MVP Travel continues to work just fine.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:29 am

MVP rates used to be refundable (2 or 3 days) in 2018. It looks that this was recently changed and all the MVP rates are now non-refundable. Is that correct?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by absdotan99
MVP rates used to be refundable (2 or 3 days) in 2018. It looks that this was recently changed and all the MVP rates are now non-refundable. Is that correct?
I booked one last month, and it was refundable/cancelable 2-3 days in advance. I just checked it for next month, and it’s still the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.