Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 26, 20, 7:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: dstan
Wiki Link
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.


OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

******************

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.



Print Wikipost

Old Jan 17, 16, 8:14 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 6,902
MVP conveys all normal elite benefits.
arlflyer is offline  
Old Jan 18, 16, 12:22 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 4,876
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
MVP conveys all normal elite benefits.
Because the question was unclear, to perhaps clarify, a Diamond who books the MVP will get their normal Diamond benefits. But MVP status alone does not convey any benefits.
Adam1222 is offline  
Old Jan 18, 16, 4:42 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BG
Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 716
I signed up to the MVP fasttrack to gold with 4 stays offer a week ago and noticed it says the 4 stays must be in the USA. Has anyone had any experience with this and had non US stays counting? (I have 3 in the US and 1 in Lima coming up).
Also, it still says I need 40 stays to retain gold, does this usually update to say 4 stays, or does this not get updated with fasttrack promotions?
englisha is offline  
Old Jan 18, 16, 7:57 am
  #34  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,329
Originally Posted by englisha View Post
I signed up to the MVP fasttrack to gold with 4 stays offer a week ago and noticed it says the 4 stays must be in the USA. Has anyone had any experience with this and had non US stays counting? (I have 3 in the US and 1 in Lima coming up).
Also, it still says I need 40 stays to retain gold, does this usually update to say 4 stays, or does this not get updated with fasttrack promotions?
THe FastTrack program progress does not get reflected in your account. You will see the standard requirements online. Once you complete your four stays your status will be upgraded to Gold. You will still need to meet the standard requirements for any higher tiers and not just the difference between Gold and Diamond.
RogerD408 is offline  
Old Jan 18, 16, 8:14 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 6,902
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
Because the question was unclear, to perhaps clarify, a Diamond who books the MVP will get their normal Diamond benefits. But MVP status alone does not convey any benefits.
MVP is just a rate code...like any other corporate code. What is MVP status?
arlflyer is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 7:39 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 4,876
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
MVP is just a rate code...like any other corporate code. What is MVP status?
I should have been clearer; wasn't using status in the FT elite way, but in its common usage. I meant the status of the rate as MVP (versus BAR, AAA, etc.)
Adam1222 is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 7:57 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,765
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
I should have been clearer; wasn't using status in the FT elite way, but in its common usage. I meant the status of the rate as MVP (versus BAR, AAA, etc.)
LOL. This deserves some sort of award for obfuscation.
smmrfld is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 8:52 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 4,876
Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
I should have been clearer; wasn't using status in the FT elite way, but in its common usage. I meant the status of the rate as MVP (versus BAR, AAA, etc.)
LOL. This deserves some sort of award for obfuscation.
Nothing obfuscatory about it. And not sure why it makes you LOL or feel the need to comment. I used a word in a way that was misunderstood, I said I should have used a different word. Doesn't seem like a reason to venture into personal attack land.

I very much know that MVP is not a HHonors tier having had elite status with HHonors for at least 5 years.

The underlying point is that one does not get any benefits simply because it's a MVP booking, but they get whatever benefits they would otherwise be entitled to. I don't think anyone is arguing with me on that. I was imprecise in language responding to another imprecise language post which said "MVP conveys all elite benefits," when of course the MVP rate conveys no benefits at all - elite status conveys elite benefits.

Geez.
Adam1222 is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 8:55 pm
  #39  
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Posts: 34,210
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
...The underlying point is that one does not get any benefits simply because it's a MVP booking, but they get whatever benefits they would otherwise be entitled to.
While you are, of course, correct, I don't think anyone thought otherwise.

With respect, is there something I'm missing?
cblaisd is offline  
Old Jan 20, 16, 3:07 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 6,902
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
I was imprecise in language responding to another imprecise language post which said "MVP conveys all elite benefits," when of course the MVP rate conveys no benefits at all - elite status conveys elite benefits.
That is not entirely true. Status benefits are conveyed by a combination of the status and having the right rate. There are booking types which do not convey elite benefits.
arlflyer is offline  
Old Jan 20, 16, 8:01 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Posts: 9,538
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
Nothing obfuscatory about it. And not sure why it makes you LOL or feel the need to comment. I used a word in a way that was misunderstood, I said I should have used a different word. Doesn't seem like a reason to venture into personal attack land.
...
Geez.

I do not think it was a personal attack. Just a bit of light hearted humor.

Geez.

LOL.
NoStressHere is offline  
Old Feb 3, 16, 12:48 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SAN
Programs: Lots of faux metal
Posts: 5,325
Just noticed that the Hilton Panama retains the sports affiliation requirement.
MVP PROGRAM HHONORS NUMBER AND SPORTS AFFILIATION ID REQUIRED FOR BOOKING AND CHECK IN.
skunker is offline  
Old Feb 3, 16, 2:41 pm
  #43  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,329
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
Just noticed that the Hilton Panama retains the sports affiliation requirement.
Is this a change or maybe just an old rate definition left over from the early days of MVP?
RogerD408 is offline  
Old Feb 3, 16, 3:34 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Posts: 5,386
I still see MANY hotels that have the sports affiliation language.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Feb 3, 16, 5:38 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SAN
Programs: Lots of faux metal
Posts: 5,325
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
I still see MANY hotels that have the sports affiliation language.
So the wiki is incorrect? I've used the MVP code a few times in the US and have never seen it.
skunker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: