Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I just checked - AARP rate clearly states 2PM checkout as "when available" not​​​​ guaranteed.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:39 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I just checked - AARP rate clearly states 2PM checkout as "when available" not​​​​ guaranteed.
Point taken. Nevertheless, in the 10+ years I've been using AARP rates, I've never been turned down when I made a declarative statement: "I'm going to use check-out at 2pm".

When I need a late check-out and not under an AARP rate, my declarative statement is a little less matter of fact: "I'm going to need a 2pm check-out". I've never been turned down at any property (as a Gold or Diamond), but have had front desks track me down around Noon because whomever I talked to earlier in the day didn't bother documenting it.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Craig6z
Went to the site about an hour ago to book a Hampton for next Wednesday, and did not see the warning Craz received. I have noticed it in the past few months on occasion, though. As it turned out the MVP rate was only $3 less than the AAA or AARP price.

For that small dollar deviation, I booked the AARP rate, as it gives me an automatic 2pm check-out. While most Hamptons would agree to a Gold's 2pm request, why take the chance of a no. There is a slight chance I may take advantage this upcoming trip of the late check-out. Plus it eliminates 100% of the chance MVP ID is requested - although in a half dozen years of regular use, no one has ever raised even an eyebrow on its use.
Hilton | MVP Travel
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by craz
Ive used it myself many times over the years and have The MVP pg bookmarked. Usually Im able to put in the code # in corp codes slot and it shows whats available. The other day I decided to switch hotels for night #1 and the code for non-Hilton/HGI hotels wouldnt take , but the one for Hil/HGI would, so I went to my bookmark pg and low and behold the page was different with on the bottom the part I posted above

Didnt want to waste an extra 5k in pts to book an award night

fwiw the code staring with 56xxxxxxx didnt return any properties , yet it did when using the MVP pg where you dot input the code #
BAU, worried over nothing
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:20 am

Stay.hilton.com/mvp has been giving me this error page all day yesterday and today:
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:28 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Worked fine for me just now.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mathprof
Stay.hilton.com/mvp has been giving me this error page all day yesterday and today:
Clear your cookies, or use an incognito/private browsing. It's working fine for me, and when that's the case it's normally a cookie issue...
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:50 pm

There are a few sports clubs can be joined for US25. Anyone knows a club for lower than US25? Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Hello, is there an MVP or similar code to Conrads? Thank you.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by illesus
Hello, is there an MVP or similar code to Conrads? Thank you.
Try 0041604.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:00 pm

This is the first time this has shown up when I am choosing a room... I wonder if they are going to start requiring this. Has anyone booked that is not a US citizen?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by carls888
This is the first time this has shown up when I am choosing a room... I wonder if they are going to start requiring this. Has anyone booked that is not a US citizen?
standard requirement
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by carls888
This has existed since the beginning of time with MVP. Almost no properties (none with me) have enforced this rule.
carls888 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Interesting for me, the other day when I was using the mvp portal login I got maybe one or two in Seattle. Then when I tried again using the individual codes a bunch more popped up. I have never had this happen, usually I just use the mvp portal since it is supposed to be a catch all. I wonder if some are slipping through.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by shmom
Interesting for me, the other day when I was using the mvp portal login I got maybe one or two in Seattle. Then when I tried again using the individual codes a bunch more popped up. I have never had this happen, usually I just use the mvp portal since it is supposed to be a catch all. I wonder if some are slipping through.
I didscovered the same late last year. I now always add the codes manually to get more results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.