Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
You're actually better off with a pre-paid rate, because Hilton allows those to be cancelled (if you make another reservation at the same time).
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by alexj7
Spent like 30 minutes on the phone and they still wouldn't cancel it. Though I think the phone routes you through corporate and they just call the hotel. They said the manager there refused.
Perhaps you should point out that as you're not a member of a sporting club you're not eligible for that rate, and they should move you over to the BAR, along with it's 1 day cancellation policy...
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by docbert
Perhaps you should point out that as you're not a member of a sporting club you're not eligible for that rate, and they should move you over to the BAR, along with it's 1 day cancellation policy...
Interesting tactic but could backfire and not only get moved over to BAR but STILL carry the non-refundable clause! I know AA does that if you cancel a non-refundable they let you carry the value over to another ticket but it too becomes non-refundable regardless the fare chosen.

Some properties will let you shift dates of a stay when it's past the cancellation deadline. And some may not note being non-refundable that allows you to cancel the second date before it's deadline.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
A 90 day cancel policy for a non-holiday, non-special event stay is absurd, whether you were informed about it or not.
Yes it is, and Hilton should do something about it. This property is overrated btw, there is no way they should be a category 10, with those dated facilities and mediocre breakfast, but with the state of the Hilton properties in NYC and the pigsty that NYC is they get away with it.

Last edited by nk15; Jan 14, 2016 at 7:29 am
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:20 am

Booked at 2-night stay for a property over a weekend using the MVP rate. Initially the first night was about $87 and the second was about $92. Confirmation email at time of booking reflected this; I just checked. Now I'm fairly close to the stay and I see that the second night in the reservation has been changed to the $87 price point. What's going on here? Certainly not complaining, but I've never seen anything like this before that I can recall. I have not touched the reservation.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Booked at 2-night stay for a property over a weekend using the MVP rate. Initially the first night was about $87 and the second was about $92. Confirmation email at time of booking reflected this; I just checked. Now I'm fairly close to the stay and I see that the second night in the reservation has been changed to the $87 price point. What's going on here? Certainly not complaining, but I've never seen anything like this before that I can recall. I have not touched the reservation.
I've only had that happen one time. I booked a room at the Waldorf Towers a few years ago in 2012 during the "thank you sale" for 285/nt plus tax. At some point, the rate was randomly changed in the reservation to 149/nt. I never touched nothing. I did end up paying the 149/nt, as that was what appeared on the front desk screen when I checked in. I was also upgraded to a nice suite on that rate.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Michael19887
I've only had that happen one time. I booked a room at the Waldorf Towers a few years ago in 2012 during the "thank you sale" for 285/nt plus tax. At some point, the rate was randomly changed in the reservation to 149/nt. I never touched nothing. I did end up paying the 149/nt, as that was what appeared on the front desk screen when I checked in. I was also upgraded to a nice suite on that rate.
Yeah, my stay is in a couple days and I've already been pre-upgraded to an exec king. I am wondering if it was when they went in and did that that the rate changed. The funny thing is that the MVP rate for these nights has recently been showing on searches as about $110/night (I always keep re-searching availability up until a trip in case something cool or cheap pops up), yet they knocked my existing one down eight bucks. Looks like I made a friend somewhere at Hilton!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:43 pm

No points Homewood Suites La Quinta

I had a stay in Dec. at the Homewood Suites La Quinta and I didn't received points. The customer care told me:
"We are unable to process this request as the room rate paid is ineligible for HHonors points, miles, stay/night credit as well as promotional bonuses. For a complete list of all ineligible rates for the HHonors program please visit our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com for more information. For your convenience I have listed out the rate types that have been deemed ineligible for stay, night, and point and or mileage credit below:

Wholesale/tour operator packages
Contracted airline crew rates
Travel industry rates (including but not limited to travel agent discount rates)
Complimentary or barter rooms
NET Group rates
Series Group or IT Group rates
Contracted Entertainment or Encore rates
Master Bill bookings (irrespective of incidentals)
Third party websites bookings (for example. Expedia.com, Priceline.com, etc) this rate is also ineligible to receive credit for any incidentals that are paid at the time of your stay.
"Opaque" channel bookings where the brand is unknown at the time of purchase
"No Show" or cancelled bookings

Should you have any further questions regarding your Hilton HHonors account please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care at 1-800-548-8690? Any Hilton Customer Care Representative will be happy to assist you. You may also visit our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com for additional details regarding the Hilton HHonors program.

Thank you for your continued support of the Hilton HHonors program. We look forward to welcoming you to a Hilton Worldwide hotel in the future."

Have you any ideas what happens? I booked several hotels the last years with mvp and I allways received points and promotion points....
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:55 pm

Wow, I'd love to know. I, as I'm sure others here do, have trips booked using the MVP rate and certainly would change if I wasn't getting and credits for the stay.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:18 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
MVP rates are absolutely giving points. I had over 60 stays last year, more than 90% of them booked at MVP rate. ALL gave me points.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:59 am

Since this time it was never a problem. I am not sure if I should write a mail, because I am afraid that they cancell all my points earned with MVP rates...
In the past I had more than 50 stays with MVP and it was never a problem
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:53 am

I am guessing that this is a one-off issue. If you go to the MVP website you will notice that they have the Gold MVP fast-track promotion. If you click the link it takes you to this page which clearly mentions points earning (and other elite benefits) on MVP bookings.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by dodofloh
I had a stay in Dec. at the Homewood Suites La Quinta and I didn't received points. The customer care told me:
"We are unable to process this request as the room rate paid is ineligible for HHonors points, miles, stay/night credit as well as promotional bonuses. For a complete list of all ineligible rates for the HHonors program please visit our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com for more information. For your convenience I have listed out the rate types that have been deemed ineligible for stay, night, and point and or mileage credit below:

Travel industry rates (including but not limited to travel agent discount rates)
NET Group rates
Third party websites bookings (for example. Expedia.com, Priceline.com, etc) this rate is also ineligible to receive credit for any incidentals that are paid at the time of your stay.

Should you have any further questions regarding your Hilton HHonors account please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care at 1-800-548-8690? Any Hilton Customer Care Representative will be happy to assist you. You may also visit our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com for additional details regarding the Hilton HHonors program.

Thank you for your continued support of the Hilton HHonors program. We look forward to welcoming you to a Hilton Worldwide hotel in the future."

Have you any ideas what happens? I booked several hotels the last years with mvp and I allways received points and promotion points....
Did you ask them to tell you specifically which of those exclusions supposedly applied to that stay?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by dodofloh

NET Group rates

I have had this happen where the property mistakenly coded a stay as non-qualifying and when I contacted the Diamond desk they responded with a similar message about non-qualifying stays not earning credit. I had to go back and again explain to them it was a qualifying stay and that someone needs to look at what happened and not just spout the rules. Once they looked at the reservation and the folio, they too decided the hotel messed up and posted the stay.

Seems, just like many organizations, you can't count on the correct response the first time and need to push for someone to actually look at what happened and fix it.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I didn't see a space to fill in the code (For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others.) But I did booked. Do this rate also give diamond benefit? (namely: breakfast)
Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.